ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 206 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I can see your point of view; I kinda feel the same way, as an alum. But, I think you're wearing Orange colored glasses. I'll give you an example - My parents are both over 80 years old, and they watch Olympic sports on the B1G and SEC networks. They watch because of the big state school names. Even though they spent some money on my SU education, they don't watch the ACC Network, like at all.
Yeah the last thing I am wearing is Orange glasses and I am not even sure how that applies. I agree if it's the NFL others may watch over Syracuse and that includes me. I am a Phins fan. There's no regional tie for me there but NFL is a different animal.

Yeah the last thing I am wearing is Orange glasses and I am not even sure how that applies. I agree if it's the NFL others may watch over Syracuse and that includes me. I am a Phins fan. There's no regional tie for me there but NFL is a different animal.
Subconsciously because of Csonka, Schwedes, and others?

It was a feint

You need a stool pigeon to play the patsy.

Yukon was the threat to get the 4 corner schools motivated
Yeah if the Big 12 wanted them they‘d be gone already. No doubt their fans want that.

Let's leave the bashing of Christianity to the OT board
I do not think that is bashing of Christianity, it is bashing Notre Dame for its so called beliefs and labeling it such. After all it is a catholic school right? I am catholic by the way. Read a little what Geno Auriemma said back in the day about Notre Dame. I completely agree

Then why aren’t they in the Big 12 now? What’s the hold up?
My feeling is that they’re waiting to see what happens with ACC. The board gave Yormark the green light to add two more to happen in December. If ACC GOR sticks I’m thinking they take UConn and one other eastern US team.

My feeling is that they’re waiting to see what happens with ACC. The board gave Yormark the green light to add two more to happen in December. If ACC GOR sticks I’m thinking they take UConn and one other eastern US team.
Would UConn even join the Big 12? They just left the AAC for the new new Big East. Their alumni is all happy as they are basketball centric now again and doing well.

As long as you don't experience buyer's remorse.

And you stick with cash right now. Everything is top of the market and will be for a while. Financing at top of the market...try to ensure people understand how bad of an idea that is right now. Thus don't get pulled in...

Well the teams that’s voted no all want out of the ACC. They don’t want stability and only care about themselves.
Ding ding ding. The more members that come in, the more teams they need to band together and bail and try to dissolve the GOR.

Everything Danny Hurley sold to get their hoops team back on top goes out the window.

The MWC will take Stanford and Cal in a heartbeat. It's in Stanford and Cal's best interest to see how things play out for as long as they can. Stanford in particular might be better off going independent for a few years to buy even more time.
It would be funny to see those Stanford snobs in the same conference with Boise State, Fresno State and Colorado State. Oh the humanity!

Would UConn even join the Big 12? They just left the AAC for the new new Big East. Their alumni is all happy as they are basketball centric now again and doing well.
I’m sure there’s many that don’t want to leave the BE.

ACC execs are weak. They get bullied by certain schools. This arrangement with ND is ridiculous.
It just shows how desperate the conference was for the extra revenue from 5 games each year with ND. I personally wish it had never been done, it makes you look minor league, which is what everyone outside of the Big 2 are becoming anyway. They will never join the ACC unless the CFP rules are changed and force its participants to be conference members, and I highly doubt that happens

Something to consider in the 11-4 vote. Those are the votes of the presidents….not the ADs. I would suspect that the vote among athletic directors it would be more evenly split, and even more no votes. There’s been some reporting that some teams have disagreements among the ADs and president and what to do here. I would think some presidents would be absolutely giddy about having Cal and Stanford join their conference with little thought as to its impact on athletics. Or their belief is the academics outweigh the negative affects of the Athletics.

So I don’t think you can necessarily draw conclusions about how some teams voted and whether that correlates or not to them having a soft landing someplace.

Last edited:
Well look at it this way

The SEC needs some whipping boys to give give wins for the top brands.

The SEC will soon find out several big brands will have pissed off fanbases. Instead of 8-11 wins they'll be 5 to 7 wins.
You’re not wrong

It's easy to blame the bogeyman. You are correct, ND was clear about the deal and the ACC was well informed of the agreement, yet people want "closure" by laying blame at the bogeyman's feet. ND is the bogeyman for many.

I people want to blame others, they should blame the greedy parties ad the university executives and boards who think they understand the media, which has only made money hand over fist off the schools as long as they have been broadcasting games.
The people to blame are North Carolina, their AD became Commissioner, and screwed everyone to benefit his son.
Now 2 of the votes against Stanford and California. North Carolina, and NC St.
It's time for everyone to get out of this North Carolina run conference.
North Carolina isn't going to enjoy being an afterthought in the Big.
But by being so provincial, by keeping everything in North Carolina, rather then centering in Atlanta, New York or somewhere besides North Carolina, at the end of the GOR everyone needs to leave.

Well look at it this way

The SEC needs some whipping boys to give give wins for the top brands.

The SEC will soon find out several big brands will have pissed off fanbases. Instead of 8-11 wins they'll be 5 to 7 wins.

Yeah .. with the moves made to date they need more than a couple to make up for it...

The two NC votes might also be a political swipe at California for past boycotts.

If the ACC can survive till 2030 intact they have a great shot at collecting a few extra brands.

They'll never challenge for P2.

The ACC'S battle is to stay ahead of the Big12

Can you cite any such statement?

I don't think that you can because none exist.

Your opinion is noted.
Yeah, I don't get the ND hate thing either. They do what they do, because they can- plain and simple. The ACC and OBE did a cost benefit analysis and decided adding them was worth it- & frankly it was the smart business decision.
Every school would do the same things ND does if they had the same options. Some folks need to get over themselves.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

That's pretty scary. Since, I feel the ACC Bowl affiliations are meh as they are.
When you look at them, other conferences' bowl tie-ins aren't a whole lot better. There are 7 Pac-12 tie-ins will soon be up for grabs; we can try to grab 5.

I think you are way off the mark on that and that has nothing to do with me being a fan. You are diminishing the relevance of regional/league relationships. If you said people might watch an NFL game vs misc. Syracuse game then I could see that. I think you are way over valuing SEC interest. Again if this turns into 2 super leagues I will just follow Syracuse locally and just watch the college Championship game. I can tell you I have zero interest in SEC, B10 football casually.
Look no further than who gets prime networks. Syracuse, NC State, BC, Duke etc. get thrown to ESPN 2 and ESPNU because they don’t draw the eyeballs that an ole miss game does. It’s okay to recognize that the SEC is better overall product than the ACC.

Look no further than who gets prime networks. Syracuse, NC State, BC, Duke etc. get thrown to ESPN 2 and ESPNU because they don’t draw the eyeballs that an ole miss game does. It’s okay to recognize that the SEC is better overall product than the ACC.
No that is due to the SEC controlling better TV slots than the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom