ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 290 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Expanding the SU brand westward. We recruit a lot of non athlete students from Cali. This will only help. Especially when we take over these road stadiums.
Yes, all two stadiums. One of which doesn't have support in their own backyard due to the school making athletics a non factor.

F48w8UhXkAAQ_r1
Scooch's Statement on Florida State

"LOL boohoo. Best of luck when you leave, you pompous clowns. I sincerely hope LSU beats you within an inch of your life this weekend (and so does literally every other team that plays you until the end of time)."

Hugs & Kisses

Scooch

So do the best of the rest G5 teams have a play here in terms of getting organized together to combat the consolidation? I don't see the path for them or enough $$/interest but generally curious if this ignites an effort to challenge the clear and obvious outcome this is all creating to bury them.

"LOL boohoo. Best of luck when you leave, you pompous clowns. I sincerely hope LSU beats you within an inch of your life this weekend (and so does literally every other team that plays you until the end of time)."

Hugs & Kisses

Scooch
I just put $100 down on LSU. I hope they beat those hicks like a bad habit.

Hugs & Kisses

Scooch

And may your return back to irrelevance in hoops continue.

“We want out but we also want more money too. But we don’t want to have to earn it because we haven’t done anything in a decade.” Good luck getting the rest of the conference on your side.
The lack of self-awareness on FSU’s part is stunning. They have so overplayed their hand with this situation. UNC can pick their spot, but FSU…..‍♂️

All three will be gone way before then...

UVA probably as well. An excellent poster who used to post here and was the best on this topic, IMO, repeatedly maintained that UNC & UVA were by far the two top prospective assets/players for the BIG/SEC. And, as long as those two stayed committed to the league, the league would survive.

Time, as it always does, will certainly tell. But, the writing has been on the wall for anyone willing to see.

UVA probably as well. An excellent poster who used to post here and was the best on this topic IMO repeatedly maintained that UNC & UVA were by far the two top prospective assets/players for the BIG/SEC. And, as long as those two stayed committed to the league, the league would survive.

Time, as it always does, will certainly tell. But, the writing has been on the wall for anyone willing to see.
Yeah well those idiots at UNC publicly lamented about traveling to California so I'm sure those sentiments will be long forgotten when the big 10 calls.

The SU non-revenue athletes have been traveling to exotic locales like Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky for years. Honestly a couple extra hours on a plane, maybe once a year, ain't much different.
Further - I have it on good authority that certain non-revenue athletes are amped to travel to Stanford and Cal

So are we sure it was 12-3? Are we sure NCSTATE flipped?

Further - I have it on good authority that certain non-revenue athletes are amped to travel to Stanford and Cal
I'm sure. It's farrr easier for the existing membership since my hunch is that those teams will simply replace a current OOC game/match that they play far from SU with a Stanford/Cal game/match. It really isn't a big deal for the current membership.

Obviously, different story for the newbies.

Has anyone asked the kids if they are bummed they will have to make a trip or two to Cali every year or other year? I think it's funny all the grumbly get off my lawn folks thinking 19-23 year olds will be overtaxed going out west a couple times to Berkeley and Palo Alto.

If the money is there to cover travel then as others said we just made the best bad decision to avoid a much worse fate. The B12 and Big Ten already took the plunge into this madness - the arrogant big 3 of the ACC want out anyways. Those of you so against it I'd like to hear just how the ACC has any hope surviving with 12 teams once those guys leave. We would be looking back wondering why we didn't protect ourselves when the opportunity came aboard.

No one is trampling your lawn here and kids aren't gonna scoff at some Cali visits.

Yeah, please ask those kids that have to travel to *****BLACKSBURG VA***** if a trip to NorCal is all that bad.

No one has cared about the kids and the NCAA for a long, long time. Now all of a sudden people are getting the vapors over flying for a few more hours to awesome destinations.

I'm sure. It's farrr easier for the existing membership since my hunch is that those teams will simply replace a current OOC game/match that they play far from SU with a Stanford/Cal game/match. It really isn't a big deal for the current membership.

Obviously, different story for the newbies.

Given the academic merits of Cal and Stanford it also gives them a sell to east coast student athletes who wish to go to an elite academic institution and often be competing much closer to home for friends and family to see them compete. That absolutely adds another dimension to those who will unfortunately travel more as the only west coast programs the conference.

All three will be gone way before then...

Mmmmhmmmm.

Quoting the great philosopher, Rasheed Wallace, "As long as somebody 'CTC,' at the end of the day I'm with them. For all you that don't know what CTC means, that's 'Cut The Check."

Y'all can go. Just cut the check for leaving early, set up the direct deposit for the tv money and we'll send our band there to send you off.

Y'all are one Saban retirement away from Dabo jumping and y'all convincing yourself that you have the next Dabo on staff.

I really enjoy your posts GBO. I really like Clemson fans. But y'all keep talking like you're Regina George in Mean Girls and you aren't even Gretchen Weiners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom