ACC ranked 7th in RPI with only 5 in top 100! | Syracusefan.com

ACC ranked 7th in RPI with only 5 in top 100!

Shermthegeneral

Starter
I know it's early but that scares me a little! The new Big East is ranked # 3 and has almost all of its teams in the top 100. In years past, the Big East would have 10-12 teams ranked in the top 100 RPI at this point. Once conference play starts, beating sub 100 ranked schools hurts more than it helps! I hope the ACC has a good December!

I know it's early but that scares me a little! The new Big East is ranked # 3 and has almost all of its teams in the top 100. In years past, the Big East would have 10-12 teams ranked in the top 100 RPI at this point. Once conference play starts, beating sub 100 ranked schools hurts more than it helps! I hope the ACC has a good December!

this is the main reason i said Duke needs to beat Zona tonight. Who cares that you don't like what Coach K's face looks like. It's better for SU

I think we're at the point now where we don't need to worry about this stuff.

This stuff matters when we are trying to get a top seed in the East so we can play in Buffalo and New York City

I'm sick of Lemoyne College getting all the 5 star recruits now ever since that game.

OT - in the Seventies, we had a house several blocks west of there. I was 8 and my brother (who was 10) were entered in a chocolate bar selling drive for a local school charity. The person who sold the most would be awarded $100. Second prize was $50. And so forth...

Anyway, my brother suggested we try selling these big chocolate bars at that college up the street (we were already familiar with the bike trails behind the campus, as well as the basement gym room/game room in one of the main halls. The jukebox usually played either Seals & Kroffts or the Eagles). Anyway, we'd go door-to-door through the dorms, and did extremely well. I even noticed that our chances for success seemed to be commensurate ( no, I didn't know that word back then) with the level of a certain smell emanating from the rooms. A smell that reminded me of my mother burning leaves just off Salt Springs Road, as well as the smell of whatever that long-haired neighbor threw into the same pit just before the sound of sirens got louder.

Our mother made us quit, because she was worried that we'd be robbed passing Dow Foods (for snacks like Zingers and Charleston Chews) on the way back home - as if anyone would suspect us of having bills with obscure presidents on us despite our hand-me-down plaid clothes.

this is the main reason i said Duke needs to beat Zona tonight. Who cares that you don't like what Coach K's face looks like. It's better for SU

This stuff matters when we are trying to get a top seed in the East so we can play in Buffalo and New York City

I disagree. You take care of business in the OOC and win the ACC. You get the #1 in the east. Done deal. Every year.

I'm sick of Lemoyne College getting all the 5 star recruits now ever since that game.

OT - in the Seventies, we had a house several blocks west of there. I was 8 and my brother (who was 10) were entered in a chocolate bar selling drive for a local school charity. The person who sold the most would be awarded $100. Second prize was $50. And so forth...

Anyway, my brother suggested we try selling these big chocolate bars at that college up the street (we were already familiar with the bike trails behind the campus, as well as the basement gym room/game room in one of the main halls. The jukebox usually played either Seals & Kroffts or the Eagles). Anyway, we'd go door-to-door through the dorms, and did extremely well. I even noticed that our chances for success seemed to be commensurate ( no, I didn't know that word back then) with the level of a certain smell emanating from the rooms. A smell that reminded me of my mother burning leaves just off Salt Springs Road, as well as the smell of whatever that long-haired neighbor threw into the same pit just before the sound of sirens got louder.

Our mother made us quit, because she was worried that we'd be robbed passing Dow Foods (for snacks like Zingers and Charleston Chews) on the way back home - as if anyone would suspect us of having bills with obscure presidents on us despite our hand-me-down plaid clothes.
Anybody have any idea what this bozo is talking about after his solid lemoyne point??

We certainly should all be pulling for Duke tonight! No question about it.

There are some potentially serious bad losses on the conference schedule this season. I think that in general the ACC is plenty of years away from being the grind that the BE was that could just wear you out and get you 4 out of 6 games on the back end. Its no were near as good at the back end or the middle and in the future will probably still have a weak ass back end. Once Lville is in though its going to be the premier bball conference for years to come.

SU
Duke
UNC
Lville
All 4 are top 10ish all time programs no other conference can bring that.
ND
Pitt
NCST
Should be a solid second tier and consistently good.

The rest need to have 2-3 teams join that second tier.

The bottom is always truly going to suck IMO.

The BE had a pretty atrocious bottom with Rutgers, Providence, Seton Hall, DePaul, and most years St. Johns. South Florida started getting better the past few years but still not a quality program.

KaiserUEO said:
Anybody have any idea what this bozo is talking about after his solid lemoyne point??

He said he sold you candy bars when you were high on weed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

He's reminiscing! Hey, we've all done that. I'm talking to YOU.

Well that was random. But thanks for the memories.

So, did you come in first?

There are some potentially serious bad losses on the conference schedule this season. I think that in general the ACC is plenty of years away from being the grind that the BE was that could just wear you out and get you 4 out of 6 games on the back end. Its no were near as good at the back end or the middle and in the future will probably still have a weak ass back end. Once Lville is in though its going to be the premier bball conference for years to come.

SU
Duke
UNC
Lville
All 4 are top 10ish all time programs no other conference can bring that.
ND
Pitt
NCST
Should be a solid second tier and consistently good.

The rest need to have 2-3 teams join that second tier.

The bottom is always truly going to suck IMO.
That top 4 will be like nothing we've ever seen and will be what makes the league excellent. The middle tier still will have a ways to go to match what we were accustomed to previously--suppose it's just a trade off for the power at the top. Former Big East mid tier teams were capable of doing more damage, especially in March. Pitt in the recent past has shown it can be that type of program, ND and NC st not so much. The bottom should actually be better than what we were accustomed to, but at the end we're just talking about who's cellar dwellers suck less.

Big East is living off non-Big East teams. But good for them.

yea Duke is our competition for the #1 at MSG so we don't want them to win

also RPI doesn't mean until the Christmas time

The Big East is so much better off creating a league for the sport they only really care about - basketball. They no longer have to pretend that they care about conference members football destiny and can just concentrate on their own member's tradition and strength - basketball. They will be fine unless the other conferences put pressure on the NCAA to change up the rules to divert the new Big East's ability to focus only on one sport in the guise of a "level playing field". I bet there are a number of programs very unhappy with the Big East's ability to stay relevant in basketball.

Last edited:
Duke
Unc
Lvilee
Cuse
-----
Pitt
ND
NC St.
Virginia/Wake?
-------
Everyone else.

I feel like Wake will reassert itself back to the discussion within the next 2 or 3 years.

Imagine how bad the ACC's RPI would be if it didn't have Syracuse this year!

Duke
Unc
Lvilee
Cuse
-----
Pitt
ND
NC St.
Virginia/Wake?
-------
Everyone else.

I feel like Wake will reassert itself back to the discussion within the next 2 or 3 years.
They've been pretty worthless for about 10 years running now.

So, did you come in first?
By a mile, but our forced quitting disqualified us. My mother worked at the school during lunch, and just HAD to report her feelings to the appropriate administrator. I burned my grief by inventing a small football made of 2 empty milk cartons and some tape. Big hit at recess. But the smell a month later when it inevitably busted open...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom