Class of 2015 - ACC Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ACC Recruiting

anomander

Living Legend
This potentially could be a banner year as far as ACC recruiting goes. Using 2 4 7 class ranks the ACC currently has 8 schools in the top 33 (not including ND who has a top 10 class). Mind you this doesn't include Louisville, Virginia, and Virginia Tech, who all typically have top 40 classes. If anything shows just how far the ACC has come just look at today where Duke beat out USC for a 4star TE out of California. The last time that happened was most likely never. This just shows you how 1 great season (despite beating up creampuffs) can jump start your program.

I think the ACC is set up to make a nice move on the national scene. Not only does the ACC usually pump out the most NFL draft picks behind the SEC, but now there seems to be the coaching staffs in place. I can see the ACC battling the PAC12 for bragging rights to be the 2nd best conference in another 5 years.

The ACC is becoming a glamour conference now as it should with the current NC and another contender in Clemson. It's looking like a long term trend.

I'd like to see Syracuse beat out USC for a 4 star recruit.

The ACC is becoming a glamour conference now as it should with the current NC and another contender in Clemson. It's looking like a long term trend.

If we consistently can beat out our peers in the ACC for recruits we will be just fine. And start winning enough games and having a Duke 2013 type year every once in awhile so that we can eventually beat out USC for a recruit or two. Baby steps...

USCe and USCw! Wasn't the CBA wr offered by USC that you know who signed?

This potentially could be a banner year as far as ACC recruiting goes. Using 2 4 7 class ranks the ACC currently has 8 schools in the top 33 (not including ND who has a top 10 class). Mind you this doesn't include Louisville, Virginia, and Virginia Tech, who all typically have top 40 classes. If anything shows just how far the ACC has come just look at today where Duke beat out USC for a 4star TE out of California. The last time that happened was most likely never. This just shows you how 1 great season (despite beating up creampuffs) can jump start your program.

I think the ACC is set up to make a nice move on the national scene. Not only does the ACC usually pump out the most NFL draft picks behind the SEC, but now there seems to be the coaching staffs in place. I can see the ACC battling the PAC12 for bragging rights to be the 2nd best conference in another 5 years.

Hence why I say the SEC dominance with the BCS era is coming to a close. Yes they are still the big boys on the block, for now, but the bully got hit on the nose last year, and you know if you stand up to a bully, they begin to fade away. The ACC was the bottom feeder, or so many say, of the power 5 conferences and always placed just ahead of the ole BE, but not any longer. SEC is still number 1 followed by the B1G (Although what have they really done to earn that, and they get the likes of Rutgirls and the Terps this year) and I have the Pac 12 batteling out for third and 4th with the ACC (which for either could be challenging the B1G in a couple of years) followed and IMO in last in the P5 by a depleated Big12 conference with 2 pinnacle underachievers in OU and Texas. As much as I hate to say it, we need some teams to step up with National Recognition like Miami and VT for starters, whom both have struggled for some years now. Syracuse rising to the top of this group will be much tougher than it was in the BE, so work to be done for sure. I have to admit the program under HCSS has things going in the right direction. What we are missing is a signature win to set the stage. Yes, the BC win was nice, the WV wins and U of L, but I am talking signature win, like Coach Mac's win over #1 Nebraska. Coincidentally, we may have a #1 game again at the Dome this year, been a long long time, in a galaxy far far away....

That is what I am talking about!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom