ACC refs | Syracusefan.com

ACC refs

Cuse4ever

Walk On
if the conference wants to have big time football they should get competent refs. I watch a lot of games Cuse isn't in and weekly the refereeing is atrosious. The SEC or Big 10 doesn't seem to suffer the same What moments in games. Also not to state the obvious but norther ACC teams get the shaft often.

Chip said:
No call on Duke intentional grounding, right in front of the ref's face was ridiculous.

In the end zone no less

Chip said:
No call on Duke intentional grounding, right in front of the ref's face was ridiculous.
Outside the center box

They really shafted SU when they called back that Duke return TD on a holding call

I don't understand where they spot the ball.

I think the atrocious officiating towards Syracuse has to do with Shafer's ferocity towards the refs while being a subpar coach. You can't act like Earl Weaver or Billy Martin when you stink.

Let's look at the other noobs... Chryst is rather reserved, not going after officials aggressively, and Petrino gets respect for being a great coach, so they don't get shafted like Syracuse does.

Maybe they are fixing games. It's high time that lawyers get involved in sports officiating , they file lawsuits about everything else.

And didn't we get penalized for bitchin' about it?
No, they called a late hit out of bounds... The ref was nonchalant about the flag drop, ran into the Duke bench where the return finished and just dropped it on the ground...

was he outside the tackle box? 2 parts to the play.. first the ref rules whether he threw it away and was in out of the box. 2nd the side judge rules did it go near a player or across the LOS.. then the 2 refs talk it out to make sure.. they didnt do either thing. add in the blatant tackle of the DT, which would also have caused a safety. why no review of the punt that stopped at the 6 inch line? they reviewed the duke TD pass was that even close to not being a TD? add the punt fair catch which seemed obvious? that led to a PF which led to the punt to the 1 which led to the INT at the one which led to the punt return.. a bad sequence that kept building on itself..

oh and people can complain about running toss sweeps in the endzone all they want but Texas AM almost lost the game today on the same call. we arent the only dumb team with dumb coaches.

was he outside the tackle box? 2 parts to the play.. first the ref rules whether he threw it away and was in out of the box. 2nd the side judge rules did it go near a player or across the LOS.. then the 2 refs talk it out to make sure.. they didnt do either thing. add in the blatant tackle of the DT, which would also have caused a safety. why no review of the punt that stopped at the 6 inch line? they reviewed the duke TD pass was that even close to not being a TD? add the punt fair catch which seemed obvious? that led to a PF which led to the punt to the 1 which led to the INT at the one which led to the punt return.. a bad sequence that kept building on itself..

oh and people can complain about running toss sweeps in the endzone all they want but Texas AM almost lost the game today on the same call. we arent the only dumb team with dumb coaches.
I thought the tip of the downed ball crossed the goal line when the player gained possession of it and then he brought it back into the field of play.

The refs aren't to blame for today's loss, we did that ourselves. But there were several horrendous calls that went against SU. Even replays bore that out. It was a joke the job the refs did today.

Millhouse said:
Outside the center box

Are you sure? Looked like he dropped straight back.

OttoinGrotto said:
I don't understand where they spot the ball.

All season. I think - "that's close, bring out the chains" and the guy is signaling a 1st down. It's insane.

upperdeck said:
was he outside the tackle box? 2 parts to the play.. first the ref rules whether he threw it away and was in out of the box. 2nd the side judge rules did it go near a player or across the LOS.. then the 2 refs talk it out to make sure.. they didnt do either thing. add in the blatant tackle of the DT, which would also have caused a safety. why no review of the punt that stopped at the 6 inch line? they reviewed the duke TD pass was that even close to not being a TD? add the punt fair catch which seemed obvious? that led to a PF which led to the punt to the 1 which led to the INT at the one which led to the punt return.. a bad sequence that kept building on itself.. oh and people can complain about running toss sweeps in the endzone all they want but Texas AM almost lost the game today on the same call. we arent the only dumb team with dumb coaches.

Millhouse likes Sumlin.

I will never understand the clock in college football, drives me insane. Runner/Receiver clearly goes out of bounds so I am thinking the clock should stop but as soon as the ball is spotted the clock starts running. Sometimes happens in the same scenario when the runner isn't even touched so there is not even any grey are and the clock runs. What is going on??

Are you sure? Looked like he dropped straight back.
On replay - the most he took was two steps to the side. If two steps takes you out of the box, well then F-it.

Was it a fair catch call on that punt return? What did the replays show?