ACC Schools losing money - impact on coaching hire? | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schools losing money - impact on coaching hire?

44Warrior

Walk On
Well the below linked article does not paint a pretty picture of the financial stautus of ACC schools. In light of our current situation (coaching search) I hope our current financial situation allows us to offer a decent salary to get the coach we want. We all know we cant throw money around in this search. Anyone with any inside info on how much Mark Coyle will be limited due to finances? Hope this ACC network gets done soon. GO CUSE!

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_f..._in_major_financial_trouble/s1_12794_19945069

Is it just me or did that article read extremely vague on the details? Not to mention seemingly being more of his opinion than demonstrable fact. Am I missing something?
For example, the Washington Post article he mentions doesn't specifically single out the ACC but talks about P5 programs in general. Also, the privates in the conference are not included in the articles supposition. Additionally, he mentions program's being "in the red" but doesn't differentiate between tens of millions or 1 million. It just seems like a lazily written article. JMHO

Last edited:
He basically says oh the ACC teams only get $20 million from ESPN deal and that's lower then $EC and Big Ten so the teams are in finical trouble. My response to the author

7e416e80091f075909ba4430125e1e85e1848eae_r.gif

Is it just me or did that article read extremely vague on the details? Not to mention seemingly being more of his opinion than demonstrable fact. Am I missing something?
For example, the Washington Post article he mentions doesn't specifically single out the ACC but talks about P5 programs in general. Also, the privates in the conference are not included in the articles supposition. Additionally, he mentions program's being "in the red" but doesn't differentiate between tens of millions or 1 million. It just seems like a lazily written article. JMHO
Vague? You are being generous. Very weak writing. Like the tagline states, rumors.

The author got his degree from the University of Phoenix.

Well, he will be getting his B.A. in journalism next spring from the University of Phoenix.
Here's his college career (from LinkedIn):

2015-11-24_20-16-34.jpg

Wasn't there a time when there were basic requirements for getting a job in sports journalism?

I didn't read the article (I'm on my phone with terrible Internet), but the ACC isn't losing money. At best it's a paper loss (as opposed to an economic loss) that exists for either administrative simplicity or, more likely, political reasons.

Regardless, if hiring a coach is a positive net present value investment, we will be able to pay for it, weather we "have" the money or not. We can get the money if we need to (i.e. if it makes sense).

I didn't read the article (I'm on my phone with terrible Internet), but the ACC isn't losing money. At best it's a paper loss (as opposed to an economic loss) that exists for either administrative simplicity or, more likely, political reasons.

Regardless, if hiring a coach is a positive net present value investment, we will be able to pay for it, weather we "have" the money or not. We can get the money if we need to (i.e. if it makes sense).

You and your logic! Take that nonsense and go elsewhere with it! We'll have none of that here.
Good day to you, sir. I SAID, GOOD DAY!!!