ACC to me is... | Syracusefan.com

ACC to me is...

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
1. FSU/ Clemson

2.Miami/ Vt ( because of their defense)

3a GT

3b Everybody else

Before sallies get wadded panties, I understand gt isn't great I just still think their scheme gives teams in 3 b fits at times

Was really impressed with the effort today, Shafer did a great job getting kids up to play. Thought we would have a hangover from last week. Like I said, nc st and su are very evenly matched talent and coaching wise.

Great game

To me the ACC is FSU and everyone else.

1. FSU/ Clemson

3a GT

3b Everybody else

Before we get wadded panties, I understand get isn't great I just still think their scheme gives teams in 3 b category fits.

Was really impressed with the effort today, Shafer did a great job getting kids up to play. Thought we would have a hangover from last week. Like I said, nc st and su are very evenly matched talent and coaching wise.

Great game

That will change. Within 3 years, Syracuse should be in the (2) category, or at least the (3a) category.

1395265_643611759016457_711416209_n.jpg

1. Clemson
2. Florida State
3. Miami
4. Virginia Tech
5. Georgia Tech
6. Maryland
7. North Carolina
8. Boston College
9. Syracuse
10. Pittsburgh
11. Duke
12. Virginia
13. Wake Forest
14. NC State

1. Clemson
2. Florida State
3. Miami
4. Virginia Tech
5. Georgia Tech
6. Maryland
7. North Carolina
8. Boston College
9. Syracuse
10. Pittsburgh
11. Duke
12. Virginia
13. Wake Forest
14. NC State

After watching our game at Maryland today, I think you have them too high. You have us about right, and we barely lost to Maryland because we missed a 42 yard field goal with 10 seconds to go that would have beat Maryland. Maryland should be down that list closer to us. The rest look about right. And I agree with the OP that there isn't much separation between 6-14.

1. Clemson
2. Florida State
3. Miami
4. Virginia Tech
5. Georgia Tech
6. Maryland
7. North Carolina
8. Boston College
9. Syracuse
10. Pittsburgh
11. Duke
12. Virginia
13. Wake Forest
14. NC State

Put SU in GT's spot and that's about right. Maryland should have lost to a really bad UVA team today at home. UNC is a mess. BC is punching above it's weight. GT is so run heavy, they get behind and they are done.

Put SU in GT's spot and that's about right. Maryland should have lost to a really bad UVA team today at home. UNC is a mess. BC is punching above it's weight. GT is so run heavy, they get behind and they are done.
Agreed. UNC is a terrible football team.

I really like the Conference - love being in the ACC!

I think we hit as hard as any team in the Conference.

If we can develop at QB and do something to open lanes for our WRs we may have something this year.

I really like the Conference - love being in the ACC!

I think we hit as hard as any team in the Conference.

If we can develop at QB and do something to open lanes for our WRs we may have something this year.

Agreed. Wish we could shuffle the teams a bit.

1. FSU/ Clemson

3a GT

3b Everybody else

Before sallies get wadded panties, I understand gt isn't great I just still think their scheme gives teams in 3 b fits at times

Great game

The problem is that NCSt was missing 4 starters including their QB, best WR, and starting tackle - I think NCSt's O and their coaching would have looked a helluva of lot better with those three playing.

The problem is that NCSt was missing 4 starters including their QB, best WR, and starting tackle - I think NCSt's O and their coaching would have looked a helluva of lot better with those three playing.
At the risk of being thrown out in the cold... if NC State has all their players we lose yesterday. There first string QB isn't great but is a heck of a lot better than the one they had in there yesterday. We need to get our offense taken care of or we are in a world of hurt, 300 yards rushing isn't going to be common.

Do we get all of our guys back at full strength too?

At the risk of being thrown out in the cold... if NC State has all their players we lose yesterday. There first string QB isn't great but is a heck of a lot better than the one they had in there yesterday. We need to get our offense taken care of or we are in a world of hurt, 300 yards rushing isn't going to be common.

How do we know if they win with the starter? He's thrown three passes all season and has never been a starting QB before.

How do we know if they win with the starter? He's thrown three passes all season and has never been a starting QB before.
Obviously its just my opinion but the game was so close that I feel if they had all their people they would have won. Their 4th string QB had more passing yards than Hunt. I'm just throwing it out there but don't you think its feasible that their 1st string guy is better than the 4th string one, a walk on? Who know maybe your right and Mitchell stinks. Also he wasn't the only starter missing. They were also missing a starting WR and OG. They stalled on some drives, again its a guess, but maybe they don't stall on as many with their starters playing. Happy for a win regardless.

Obviously its just my opinion but the game was so close that I feel if they had all their people they would have won. Their 4th string QB had more passing yards than Hunt. I'm just throwing it out there but don't you think its feasible that their 1st string guy is better than the 4th string one, a walk on? Who know maybe your right and Mitchell stinks. Also he wasn't the only starter missing. They were also missing a starting WR and OG. They stalled on some drives, again its a guess, but maybe they don't stall on as many with their starters playing. Happy for a win regardless.

4th string guy was also throwing against a soft defense that was playing to prevent touchdowns.

The battle for 5th place is on. Winner of this weekend's game is the frontrunner. As I said in another post, being 5th place in the ACC this particular season, given the names at the Top 4, and given SU's first year under this staff, would be quite an accomplishment. Don't know that it will happen, but it's ours for the taking.

We didn't use our named starter at QB for game 1. We also were missing a starter at WR and a starter at CB. We lost a starting LB for the whole 2nd half. Throw in a starting K and a starting KR/backup RB if it helps the argument. We've all got our problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom