ACC Tournament projection 5.0 w/who we want to win this week. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tournament projection 5.0 w/who we want to win this week.

Ok, pro, so your argument as to how we are CURRENTLY in?
What's yours as to why we're OUT - other than because Joe Lunardi said and because we only have 2 road wins?

It's possible that we can both be currently in the field (for whatever that means, which is nothing) and still have work to do. If the last 6 or 8 teams in the field lost out, they wouldn't be in the field.
I mean you're right. All brackets right now are as of today. There are teams like UNC that is safe no matter; but whatever seed they are in that bracket are as of today - you will rarely find a bracket that is being based on projections/how the season will finish

What's yours as to why we're OUT - other than because Joe Lunardi said and because we only have 2 road wins?

We are a hugely flawed team, when evaluated subjectively!:) geeez, look at our regular season and our trends. Wow, if you think we are in based on projections, then sorry for your flawed disassociation :);)

We are a hugely flawed team, when evaluated subjectively!:) geeez, look at our regular season and our trends. Wow, if you think we are in based on projections, then sorry for your flawed disassociation :);)
Yes we are only the flawed bubble team that is inconsistent. Wake Forest, TCU and Marquette have all been a model for consistency this year!

srsly, your posts on this subject are worthless - do yourself a favor and find/study the posts by jncuse and a couple others and educate yourself... and yes, if the field was selected today SU would be in

I get it. But, we have 3 great wins at home, and after that we are a neurotic, inconsistent team at best.
All the bubble teams are neurotic, inconsistent teams. We have something most of them don't...3 top 25 wins.

All the bubble teams are neurotic, inconsistent teams. We have something most of them don't...3 top 25 wins.
I agree, but ultimately I am concerned about our road and out of conference record. Obviously a different year and different factors, but I firmly believe our wins vs uconn and A&M last season were a huge factor in why we got in. I'm not saying we won't get in this year ,but if we only win one more game (g tech) and lose first game in acc tournament , it's gonna be a long 3-4 days from then to selection Sunday.

Random question; is the bubble ever good? I feel like every year we have a "historically" weak bubble.

Since the first 4 was added it was weakened a lot. Adding four more bubble teams in has made the bubble really weak.

Right, that's what I'm thinking. So we need to stop talking about the bubble being weak every year. This is what it is.

again...20 Wins... or we sweat it out.

We aren't getting 20 wins unless UVA loses to Pitt and FSU beat Miami.

This current team can't beat UNC. Our rebounding is so bad and UNC's rebounding is so good we can't beat them.

Yes that's why, and everyone else, should consider the GA Tech game a must win. If we have to win two in Brooklyn, North Carolina is the last matchup I want.

Last edited:

This current team can't beat UNC. Our rebounding is so bad and UNC's rebounding is so good we can't beat them.
guess im a little late to the party here, are we locked into the 8-9 game??

if so...rut-ro.

guess im a little late to the party here, are we locked into the 8-9 game??

if so...rut-ro.
We are 75% locked into the 8-9 game. We have to win to avoid 10-15 game. If we beat GT we need FSU to beat Miami and Pitt to beat UVA. VPI-Wake is watchable as well because we need Wake to lose to avoid them on the bubble but VPI losing would help us if FSU/Pitt won.

I agree, but ultimately I am concerned about our road and out of conference record. Obviously a different year and different factors, but I firmly believe our wins vs uconn and A&M last season were a huge factor in why we got in. I'm not saying we won't get in this year ,but if we only win one more game (g tech) and lose first game in acc tournament , it's gonna be a long 3-4 days from then to selection Sunday.
No doubt our OOC wins were big last year, especially top 10 A&M. This year our OOC win against Monmouth (#43 RPI) actually looks good now.

Their only hope in a ACCT game vs. UNC is that under Roy they've had some underwhelming looks like they don't give a crap games. Hopefully that team shows up next Thursday to give SU a chance.

The prize is the NCAAT not the ACCT. To rest easy on Selection Sunday we must beat Ga Tech Saturday and beat Miami in the 8/9 game. Then we will be 100% in. If we beat Ga Tech then lose to Miami it's maybe 70% and you never know. If we lose to Ga Tech we are likely out even if we beat Miami (IMO). It's too bad we likely end up in the 8/9 and would face UNC if we win that first game. UNC is the only team we have no chance against. We would have a chance against anyone else. So our ceiling in the ACCT looks like 1 win if we are in the 8/9 game. But we made this bed by losing to BC in that first ACC game.
I don't agree with this

So going into the weekend, our ideal scenario is?
Florida St beats Miami
Pitt upsets VA
Cuse beats GT

From the bracket creator, it seems like the only way to get the #7 seed. Plus Wake could be #10 due to tie breaker with GT, and a perfect chance to beat them in the ACCT and vault ahead of them in the bubble watch. Finally night games, so don't have to worry about missing work! (for some a positive, but an issue for me)

So going into the weekend, our ideal scenario is?
Florida St beats Miami
Pitt upsets VA
Cuse beats GT

From the bracket creator, it seems like the only way to get the #7 seed. Plus Wake could be #10 due to tie breaker with GT, and a perfect chance to beat them in the ACCT and vault ahead of them in the bubble watch. Finally night games, so don't have to worry about missing work! (for some a positive, but an issue for me)
H/T OrangeXtreme

thanks! Very clear. Wasn't thinking we could get to #6, interesting
We can get the 6 seed.
If Wake beats VPI
Pitt beats UVA
FSU beats Miami
Syracuse beats Georgia Tech
We would be the 6 seed but Wake could jump us on the bubble if they won on the road in VPI.
Thus I want only Pitt/FSU/SU to win and we get the 7 seed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom