ACC tournament projection v.6.5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC tournament projection v.6.5

Alsacs

Living Legend
Midweek update on my gimmick infringement post of someone else’s gimmick.

1. Florida State 14-3
2. Louisville 14-4
3. Duke 13-4
4. Virginia 12-5
———-Bye into Quarterfinals
5. Syracuse 9-8 (beat UVA)
6. Notre Dame 9-8
7. Georgia Tech 8-9 ( 3-0 vs. CU/NCSU)
8. Clemson 8-9 ( 1-2 vs. GT/NCSU)
9. NC State 8-9( 1-3 vs. GT/CU)
———Byes into second round
10. Boston College 7-11
11. Miami 6-11 (beat VPI)
12. Virginia Tech 6-11
13. Pittsburgh 6-12
14. Wake Forest 5-12
15. North Carolina 4-13

All games are on ESPN, ESPN2 or the ACC Network in Greensboro, NC

First Round Tuesday March 10th

Game 1- #12 seed Virginia Tech vs.#13 seed Pittsburgh @ 12:00
Game 2 - #10 seed Boston College vs. #15 seed North Carolina @ 2:00
Game 3 - #11 seed Miami vs. #14 seed Wake Forest @ 7:00

Second Round Wednesday March 11th

Game 4 - #8 seed Clemson vs. #9 seed NC State @ Noon
Game 5- #5 seed Syracuse vs. Game 1 winner @ 2:30
Game 6 - #7 seed Georgia Tech vs. Game 2 winner@ 7:00
Game 7- #6 seed Notre Dame vs. Game 3 winner @ 9:30

Quarterfinals Thursday March 12th

Game 8 - #1 seed Florida State vs.Game 4 winner @ Noon
Game 9 - #4 seed Virginia vs. Game 5 winner @ 2:30
Game 10 - #2 seed Louisville vs. Game 6 winner @ 7:00
Game 11- #3 seed Duke vs.Game 7 winner @ 9:30

Semifinals Friday March 13th

Game 11 - Game 8 winner vs. Game 9 winner @ 7:00
Game 12 - Game 10 winner vs. Game 11 winner @ 9:30

Finals Saturday March 14th

Game 13 - Game 11 winner vs. Game12 winner @ 9:00

Remaining games this week

Saturday What we want
Pitt at NC State. Pitt
North Carolina at Syracuse SU
Florida State at Clemson FSU
Notre Dame at Wake Wake
Duke at Virginia UVA
Miami at Georgia Tech GT

Sunday
Virginia Tech at Louisville UL

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be missing something Alsacs. Why would we want UVA to beat Duke. Dont we want UVA as the 4 seed? Thanks in advance.

I must be missing something Alsacs. Why would we want UVA to beat Duke. Dont we want UVA as the 4 seed? Thanks in advance.
I guess to make our best win better?

I want Duke in the 2nd game of the ACC tournament. IMO they are the weakest of the Big 3 and I think we can beat them if we play them again. Especially if we get Carey in foul trouble.

I said go Georgia Tech and Virginia because we beat both and we want those wins as good as possible.
Plus I think if we are going to have a chance to win the ACCT we want Duke as the 4 seed and play them in game 2 rather than when we will be more tired.

Doesn't Georgia Tech have a post season ban? If so, I assume everyone below them moves up a spot.

Doesn't Georgia Tech have a post season ban? If so, I assume everyone below them moves up a spot.
This has been covered many times in other posts. They are appealing the ban, therefore they are able to participate in the ACC and NCAA until their appeal is decided upon. They could also self impose this year, but have not yet done so.

I want Duke in the 2nd game of the ACC tournament. IMO they are the weakest of the Big 3 and I think we can beat them if we play them again. Especially if we get Carey in foul trouble.
you think the ref's in greensboro would allow that to happen? He played the 2nd half with 4 fouls in the dome and didnt get a 5th i believe.

I like the idea of playing the Tech/Pitt winner and then UVa. The only downside to that slot is the 2:30 tips times. But it wouldn't be the first time I've had to watch hoops at work, so be it.

You have it all wrong - the 2:30 tip is the upside. Makes me take the afternoon off of work. :)

I don’t want any tobacco road team during this ACC tournament. For different reasons, that includes Wake too. Thats a team that could get hot for a couple games too

Can somebody help an idiot? It's something I rarely pay attention to. We're 6th in the standings behind ND but the 5 seed in the tourney ahead of them. Both 9-8, we've split games with them, so what gives us the 5 seed? Is it that UVA win in parenthesis coming into play?

Can somebody help an idiot? It's something I rarely pay attention to. We're 6th in the standings behind ND but the 5 seed in the tourney ahead of them. Both 9-8, we've split games with them, so what gives us the 5 seed? Is it that UVA win in parenthesis coming into play?
Tiebreakers are
1. head to head record
2. Then whomever has the best win against the top of the conference.
So since neither ND or SU beat any of the top 3 teams FSU/UL/Duke Syracuse beat UVA and ND didn't.
So our win over UVA is the best win between the 2 teams thus we get the higher seed.

Thanks Alsacs, never knew overall record did not matter in conference tournament seeding. But makes perfect sense.

This road is best for us IMO. Virginia in the third round then Florida state in the semis.

Out of the big three, who should we want to face/match up with best?

This has been covered many times in other posts. They are appealing the ban, therefore they are able to participate in the ACC and NCAA until their appeal is decided upon. They could also self impose this year, but have not yet done so.

Thanks! I didn't realize it had already been discussed. Unfortunately or fortunately, I'm not able to spend too much time on the message boards.

Out of the big three, who should we want to face/match up with best?
Florida State

I want no part of Duke in Greensboro, and even less part of seeing UL again.

I don't want to play anyone we have already beaten twice - I don't care how bad Pitt is.

I said go Georgia Tech and Virginia because we beat both and we want those wins as good as possible.
Plus I think if we are going to have a chance to win the ACCT we want Duke as the 4 seed and play them in game 2 rather than when we will be more tired.
Agree. Just read an article about this on syracuse.com. As of now, beating UVA would be a quad 2 win, while Duke would be a quad 1. IMO beating Virginia again wouldn't be enough anyway and we'd have Duke one day later, still having to beat them. IMO we have to beat one of Duke , Florida State or Louisville for a chance to make it. A CHANCE. I don't see any likely scenario of us making it without beating one of those teams. JMO.

If folks at Ga Tech are smart they'd self impose for this year as there's no chance they'll make the tourney. Minuscule chance of the appeal being successful and it would then be imposed for next year when they'll have a much better chance of making the tourney - Alvarado/Wright/Devoe/Usher all return (presumably)

I don't want to play anyone we have already beaten twice - I don't care how bad Pitt is.

The "it's hard to beat a team three times" thing is just a cliche. Someone said it once and everyone just ran with it.

We match up extremely well against Pitt and I would love to play them a third time just like we did last year.

If folks at Ga Tech are smart they'd self impose for this year as there's no chance they'll make the tourney. Minuscule chance of the appeal being successful and it would then be imposed for next year when they'll have a much better chance of making the tourney - Alvarado/Wright/Devoe/Usher all return (presumably)

Agree. It's a no brainer. Have no clue why they are fighting it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom