ACC vs. SEC | Syracusefan.com

ACC vs. SEC

This would be interesting...

http://espn.go.com/college-football...yes-schedule-includes-one-sec-game-every-year

My guess is that it never comes to pass, but I hope to be wrong.

I would just like to see ALL teams (good/bad, north/south, east/west) stop scheduling for success and/or profit and just sign contracts for 12 or 13 or 14 REAL games per year.

* To have FCS games count is a travesty of sport.

* For large schools with leverage to declare "we have to schedule 8 home games" is a joke.

* For P5 teams to schedule like whimps is embarrassing. Examples of this in 2013 (played one or less "real" OOC opponent) were Rutgers, Wake, BC, Maryland, Tennessee, Mizzou, Kentucky, Nebraska, Arizona. There are likely more, but I got tired of clicking links.

I hope someday the P5 can get together and come up with some sort of NFL-esk scheduling model (after the conference schedule of course).

* For P5 teams to schedule like whimps is embarrassing. Examples of this in 2013 (played one or less "real" OOC opponent) were Rutgers, Wake, BC, Maryland, Tennessee, Mizzou, Kentucky, Nebraska, Arizona. There are likely more, but I got tired of clicking links.

I have absolutely no problem with SU playing Villanova and Central Michigan next season. None.

I have absolutely no problem with SU playing Villanova and Central Michigan next season. None.

Nor do I since the rules allow it.

But I wish they'd change the rule so that FCS doesn't count for bowl eligibility. I'd rather they level the playing field and everyone get rid of them, unless you're not worried about the impact of not counting the win.

We need to keep scheduling the MAC.

But I wish they'd change the rule so that FCS doesn't count for bowl eligibility. I'd rather they level the playing field and everyone get rid of them, unless you're not worried about the impact of not counting the win.

I think the FCS schools would bitch about missing out on the payday that comes with getting your ass handed to you by a P5 school.

I think the FCS schools would bitch about missing out on the payday that comes with getting your ass handed to you by a P5 school.

Sure. But who would be listening?

Let me say that, under the present system, SU should play Nova, Wagner or Stony Brook, etc. every year.
That does not mean the present system does not SUCK.

In my propsed CFB world where scheduling FCS is illegal (are the NY Yankees playing the Buffalo Bisons this year?), I am NOT against teams scheduling non-P5 schools. So, bring on the MAC. Bring on CUSA. Bring on the Sun Belt.

But Alamama A&M or Florida A&M or Missouri State? Weak. Grab a sack.

And the new CFB Playoff Committee should have to balls to select a strong 10-2 team (or something similar) that plays a strong, strong schedule. Scheduling for undefeated is soft and unbecoming.

Syracuse - Missouri
Clemson - South Carolina
Georgia Tech - Georgia
Florida St - Florida
Louisville - Kentucky
Wake Forest - Vanderbilt
Virginia Tech - Tennessee
Virginia - Auburn
Miami - Alabama
North Carolina - LSU
North Carolina St - Texas A&M
Duke - Ole Miss
Boston College - Mississippi State
Pitt - Arkansas

Syracuse has a BIG problem on its hands after 2014. In 2015 the only OOC we have scheduled right now is Central Michigan. I think all the other major conference teams already have a full schedule. I don't see much available in 2016 either. Looks like some terribly weak schedules coming up OOC.

Sure. But who would be listening?
Continuing to allow games with D-1AA teams to count (and hence, continuing to have these games played, usually with large payouts to the D-1AA teams) would probably go a long way towards having all the D-1AA teams vote 'Yes' on the P5's proposals for autonomy. Unless I have misunderstood who is eligible to vote. D1 is D1 in terms of voting, I think.

I would just like to see ALL teams (good/bad, north/south, east/west) stop scheduling forsuccess and/or profit and just sign contracts for 12 or 13 or 14 REAL games per year.

I'm not quite sure understand what that means.
Every conference games is a "real" game.
If one OOC game is a good Power 5 team, and one OOC game is a middling Power 5 team, and one OOC game is a Non-Power 5 team, and one OOC team is a FCS team, how is that bad? That's just nice balance, and the kind of schedule we should want everyone to have. (Unless they do away with the FCS teams across the board-- for everyone.) So really there is only ONE OOC game in there that is not a "real" game.

I just don't understand the need to push teams to play Top 25 teams every week. That may make for nice TV, but it's not good for the sport IMO.

Syracuse - Missouri
Clemson - South Carolina
Georgia Tech - Georgia
Florida St - Florida
Louisville - Kentucky
Wake Forest - Vanderbilt
Virginia - Auburn
Miami - Alabama
North Carolina - LSU
North Carolina St - Texas A&M
Duke - Ole Miss
Boston College - Mississippi State
Pitt - Arkansas
I don't want to be locked into playing Missouri every year.

Yeah i'd like to mix it up too. Just trying to throw something out there. These 6 would seem to be pretty set though:
Clemson - South Carolina
Georgia Tech - Georgia
Florida St - Florida
Louisville - Kentucky
Wake Forest - Vanderbilt

Yeah i'd like to mix it up too. Just trying to throw something out there. These 6 would seem to be pretty set though:
Clemson - South Carolina
Georgia Tech - Georgia
Florida St - Florida
Louisville - Kentucky
Wake Forest - Vanderbilt

I'm in favor of the 9 game conference schedule. (Assuming the NCAA isn't going to drop back to 11 games -- which it isn't -- and assuming that we are not expanding to 13 games, which would be criminal.) Therefore, since in my mind we would be talking about 3 OOC games each year, I am opposed to scheduling agreements like this with the SEC.

wake and vandy just cancelled there series so I wouldn't lock them in

I'd like a P5 scheduling agreement where each conference plays a road game against one P5 conference and a home game against another P5 conference each season - conference matchups selected on a rotating basis similiar to the AFC/NFC division games. Let the conferences involved select the actual game opponents. For uneven-sized conferences, the extra teams would play each other (e.g., if the B12 was playing at the SEC and hosting the ACC, 10 SEC & ACC teams would get B12 matchups and the four leftover ACC teams would play at the four remaining SEC teams).

That leaves one or two games for the individual schools to schedule as they see fit, depending on if they play an 8 or 9 game conference schedule. Some will take 1-AA tuneup games, others may select mid-majors (MAC, CUSA, AAC), and some may choose traditional P5 rivals.

Me either, but over the years we have developed a nice rivalry with them for some reason. Particularly in basketball.

wake and vandy just cancelled there series so I wouldn't lock them in
Really? I believe Wake and Vanderbilt are the smallest power 5 conference schools in terms of enrollment so it's naturally a good matchup. Then again, there are some other small schools in the ACC to choose from.

All4SU said:

I'd love it but I also live just outside Kansas City :)

Syracuse has a BIG problem on its hands after 2014. In 2015 the only OOC we have scheduled right now is Central Michigan.
Not true.
2015 is booked, just not announced.

Not true.
2015 is booked, just not announced.
No hints , come on , the seasons over , the bowl is done , signing day is past , we need something to get us to spring ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom