According to Andy Katz | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

According to Andy Katz

There is no doubt that the B1G covets UNC and UVA for nos. 15 and 16. But political considerations inside those states will be make that very difficult. The Virginia legislature will not allow either UVA or VaTech to go to another conference if it results in harm to the other school. They want to see both in a good situation. Same situation in NC for UNC and State. IMO the biggest risk to the ACC comes from the SEC. If they were to expand they would target NC State and VaTech. That gets them into new territory. With State and VaTech in an improved financial situation, the state legislatures would then allow UVA and UNC to accept membership in the B1G. That is the nightmare scenario. If that comes to pass, it won't matter who the ACC takes as #14.

UConn CANNOT get in the B1G unless some team in NY State does.

Not necessarily "can't," just "won't."

There is no contiguous state requirement within the Big Ten bylaws as has been mistakenly believed. But the last two days the Big Ten has clearly made a big deal about going that route nonetheless.

From one of the guys that broke the MD to B1G story:

Jeff Ermann@insidemdsports
Still hearing informed talk that #UNC and #UVA are likely top choices for two more #BigTen spots. May have offers -- can't confirm that yet.

Fwiw, Ermann use to write a lot of articles for us.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

There is no doubt that the B1G covets UNC and UVA for nos. 15 and 16. But political considerations inside those states will be make that very difficult. The Virginia legislature will not allow either UVA or VaTech to go to another conference if it results in harm to the other school. They want to see both in a good situation. Same situation in NC for UNC and State. IMO the biggest risk to the ACC comes from the SEC. If they were to expand they would target NC State and VaTech. That gets them into new territory. With State and VaTech in an improved financial situation, the state legislatures would then allow UVA and UNC to accept membership in the B1G. That is the nightmare scenario. If that comes to pass, it won't matter who the ACC takes as #14.
I'm in Charlotte, and if this came to pass they'd be riots in the streets.
UNC & Duke are the big dogs of the ACC, and short of a UT-LHN/ND-NBC like hookup, I can't see them going anywhere.
Now of course if the SEC steps in and provides a landing spot for NCState, VT, and maybe Duke, then we're talking.

at this time yes its way better. They have a good football stadium ON CAMPUS which is another thing they have going for them

Their stadium is not exactly on Campus. Nipper Stadium is on campus, that Carrier Dome is on campus. Cardinal stadium is adjacent to campus.

Semantics but I am a niggler.

Fwiw, Ermann use to write a lot of articles for us.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I was complimenting him the other day on Twitter for the job he's done reporting through the past week. He did a tremendous job, and if he says they have offers, I would be inclined to believe him. I know they are high on the Big Ten's list but I don't know what the 'invite' status is at the moment.

That's not fair.

Some people might know them as the team that won the Big East by default one season and got curb stomped by Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl that 400 UConn fans attended.

Why does this post nt have more likes?

44cuse

Even though SU is an ACC member, I was actually rejoicing for a moment when I heard MD was leaving the ACC for the B1G.
Keeping in mind this is the same ACC that has thoroughly gutted the Big East conference. MD is the first team to exit the ACC since South Carolina did in the early '70s. Losing MD is not a huge deal since the conference has added SU, Pitt and partially ND during the last year or so.

Even though SU is an ACC member, I was actually rejoicing for a moment when I heard MD was leaving the ACC for the B1G.
Keeping in mind this is the same ACC that has thoroughly gutted the Big East conference. MD is the first team to exit the ACC since South Carolina did in the early '70s. Losing MD is not a huge deal since the conference has added SU, Pitt and partially ND during the last year or so.
Hate to admit it, but I too loved the instant karma that was occurring.
If we were on the outside of the ACC we'd be reacting like alot of other fanbases: "As ye reap, so shall ye sow".

he has been told that UConn has no shot because of Calhoun burning bridges and what happened before in 2004. Maybe BC does have some pull. Wouldn't seem like it though.

Others reporting from UL that there have been talks between the ACC and the UL Prez and AD.
I always thought that Calhoun was arrogant but I didn't realize he exhibited that trait . burning bridges wasn't his responsibility. That is the AD's job.

How shi.tty does UConn fan feel about their situation right now?
seems to me that same thing had been said numerous times about ru, as well as folks poking fun at the being stuck in the be. we never learn.