Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have large donors to NIL. They just aren't self-aggrandizing like Weitsman. Could we have more? Sure.

But to pretend we don't is misinformation.
how much money do the SU collectives have? A range/guess is fine.

Trying to get an understanding because most people would say the SEC/Big 10 contract of $50M vs. $30M (1.7x) is an issue.

However, if recruiting is as much correlated to success as experts say (especially in football), then SU does feel behind the curve on NIL. Some schools are saying their goal is $20M+. If SU is $5M (which i would guess is high), then SU is 4x less than the top benchmark. Seems like an issue (if not now, then down the road).

Last edited:
how much money do the SU collectives have?
I don't know. I have heard from a very good source that we had the money for Jesse. That is the good news. Very good news. Now the bad news. We really didn't get our act together in a way that instilled confidence in the Edwards that they could get past the foreign part of the situation.

there are VERY few million dollar NIL deals, let alone multi million dollar NIL deals going on.
There's no transparency so nobody knows. No reporting requirement by NCAA as far as I can tell. The million dollar deals for high level QBs has been reported by media outlets.

I don't know. I have heard from a very good source that we had the money for Jesse. That is the good news. Very good news. Now the bad news. We really didn't get our act together in a way that instilled confidence in the Edwards that they could get past the foreign part of the situation.
Thanks. I edited my post you replied to with the reason behnid my ask, which i'll put below

Trying to get an understanding because most people would say the SEC/Big 10 contract of $50M vs. $30M (1.7x) is an issue.

However, if recruiting is as much correlated to success as experts say (especially in football), then SU does feel behind the curve on NIL. Some schools are saying their goal is $20M+. If SU is $5M (which i would guess is high), then SU is 4x less than the top benchmark. Seems like an issue (if not now, then down the road).

Last edited:
My first plane trip was a Mohawk BAC111 to NYC.

84454_1079159075.jpg
Landed at Hancock Field Feb 70 back from Vietnam/ Ft Ord California snowing ,slide on runway swerving side to side.Thought 1 year in Vietnam killed on a Mohawk flight landing @ Hancock field

We are in the goldrush phase. People are spending money irrationally right now, but remember, there's only 1 national champ in men's hoops and football every year. That's going to leave a lot of disappointed "investors." Imagine if you had several hundred thousand dollars of your own money on NIL deals in Arizona or Purdue this year? How might that affect your appetite for more NIL deals?

Major League Soccer was structured specifically to prevent spending arms races from destabilizing the league. It will calm down.

hopefully Jim can over time get Adam and the admin on the same page.

I would rather JB helps to continue to grow fundraising where we don't have to deal with Adam in the current ways of working with him.

There are other very well off people that have found a way to support Syracuse and at other schools without the way Adam operates. Amazingly, it can be done.

Landed at Hancock Field Feb 70 back from Vietnam/ Ft Ord California snowing ,slide on runway swerving side to side.Thought 1 year in Vietnam killed on a Mohawk flight landing @ Hancock field
Thank you for your service. You Vietnam guys weren't treated right when you got back and I'm sorry about that.

Yes but they work for the entire athletic department so they wouldn’t pay as much attention to basketball players than a basketball GM would

I already said a GM would be a great idea. But I’m not so sure the GM would or would have the marketing skills to work with an individual player in marketing them. The people we have now do.

I’m told the exact opposite on your bad news. We were locked and loaded.

This whole thing is like a real life version of Rodney Dangerfield’s “Back to School” with with AW playing the part of Thornton Mellon and Syverud playing the part of Philip, the elitist professor who desperately wants to expel Mellon.

My friend reminded me of one concrete (IE, not planned or potential) NIL deal. It just wasn't for one of our players. And for the record, it's cool that AW helped this guy out. I'm not knocking the deal itself. Also of note, per the article, he went through the Owl Collective.

FAU's Johnell Davis signs NIL deal with Adam Weitsman ahead of Final Four

Weitsman has signed an NIL agreement with Davis worth $10,000, facilitated by the NIL collective. As part of the agreement, the FAU player will do charitable work in the Boca Raton area at the conclusion of the NCAA tournament.

Sorry if this was already buried in the thread somewhere. I didn't have time to read all 35 pages.

I had a landing like that at Hancock on a 1-11 back around the same time. I used to fly between SYR and PIT fairly often when I was in college. You didn’t fly home via PIT by any chance?

I’m told the exact opposite on your bad news. We were locked and loaded.

...but the total was significantly less than the tampering competitors?? (WV, Kansas, etc?)

Status
Not open for further replies.