Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t bother me at all that he posted a couple pics of our recruit from that tourney.
Would it bother you if he was trying to convince him to leave?

honestly, with the PR offensive that he has stepped up against our program, would that not be his next logical move?

honestly, with the PR offensive that he has stepped up against our program, would that not be his next logical move?

I’ve posted my thoughts.

Weitsman certainly has a huge ego and isn't reluctant to make himself part of
the discussion when it comes to NIL. However, the guilty party in all of this
fiasco are the universities and their administration. They have let college football
and basketball revenues become a major player financially, while still promoting
the NCAA and it's policy of protecting the concept of "amateurism" within the
system. It's a relationship that will never work.

Until academic institutions collectively acknowledge that their athletic programs are
"businesses" which should be run accordingly, and get NCAA policy out of the picture,
there will always be situations like Weitsmen. SU is only concerned about his antics because
of the threat of NCAA issues. If it weren't for the NCAA threat, SU administration and fans alike would all be more than happy to accommodate Mr Weistman and many more like him.

I hope he has better things to do then try to f over Syracuse. But maybe not, who knows

Has there been any mention of his suite, which he added many luxury upgrades to?

No idea who owns what if he opts to completely separate.

Tired of hearing about this TBH. Our worst stretch of success as a program has come with him as the “super fan”. Yeah there’s probably no correlation and it’s merely coincidental but it’s still true. First time I heard his name was when he drove in a blizzard only to see Isaiah Stewart choose Hop and Washington lol that should’ve been a sign right there.
I live right outside of Springfield. I wouldn't have gone out in that blizzard if I was sure that kid was going to Syracuse.

The guy supports SU and people complain because hes what.. flashy. I guess Jims a lousy judge of character considering they are good friends.
Jim might very well be a lousy judge of character. We don't know. It would be foolish not to admit that there are issues that an academic institution might have with a guy like this.

Jim might very well be a lousy judge of character. We don't know. It would be foolish not to admit that there are issues that an academic institution might have with a guy like this.

Right?

Downright dopey to suggest otherwise.

Also, not to be a jerk, but do we REALLY know how good of friends they are? They could very well be best pals. OR, they are "friends" because of how much money AW has donated to Jim's charities. To be fair, AW has posted pics with 100+ celebrities, rappers, athletes and famous influencers and, says they're all one of his best friends. I just don't know how one man has so much time to make so many best friends from so many different walks of life.

The guy supports SU and people complain because hes what.. flashy. I guess Jims a lousy judge of character considering they are good friends.
Also, not to be a jerk, but do we REALLY know how good of friends they are? They could very well be best pals. OR, they are "friends" because of how much money AW has donated to Jim's charities. To be fair, AW has posted pics with 100+ celebrities, rappers, athletes and famous influencers and, says they're all one of his best friends. I just don't know how one man has so much time to make so many best friends from so many different walks of life.
Adam frequently referred to Jim as his "best friend," but Jim never referred to Adam that way. Based on what I know, Adam would not have ranked in the top 100 of Jim's best friends. I'm not going to name any non-public people (i.e. private citizens who are not in the spotlight), but there are scores of them whom Jim would consider closer friends. And, even in the public spotlight, there are many folks who Jim would consider closer friends, e.g. Dave Bing, PJ Carlisimo, Carmelo and countless more.

Last edited:
Adam frequently referred to Jim as his "best friend," but Jim never referred to Adam that way. Based on what I know, Adam would not have ranked in the top 100 of Jim's best friends. I'm not going to name any non-public people (i.e. private citizens who are not in the spotlight), but there are scores of them whom Jim would consider closer friends. And, even in the public spotlight, there are many folks who Jim would consider as closer friends, e.g. Dave Bing, PJ Carlisimo, Carmelo and countless more.
Yeah as exhibited in the press conference when he referred to AW as “a guy”…SU has done the right thing saying nothing

Adam frequently referred to Jim as his "best friend," but Jim never referred to Adam that way. Based on what I know, Adam would not have ranked in the top 100 of Jim's best friends. I'm not going to name any non-public people (i.e. private citizens who are not in the spotlight), but there are scores of them whom Jim would consider closer friends. And, even in the public spotlight, there are many folks who Jim would consider as closer friends, e.g. Dave Bing, PJ Carlisimo, Carmelo and countless more.
Seriously, 100. Your definition of close friend has to be different than mine.

I just don’t care about Adam Weitsman.

I think his influence was way overblown. What recruits did he help bring in? How much was he paying? What benefit to the program did it bring to have Stefon Diggs playing on his phone as we were losing by 15-20?

I agree and I don't care about him either. I said pretty much the same thing earlier in one or two of these threads. He promised to bring in game changers and never did. Flip wasn't the only one that got away.

I think people are/ were bent out of shape more so about the perceived optics on both sides of AW's departure than the actual substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.