Adopt a Platoon Drop Off | Syracusefan.com

Adopt a Platoon Drop Off

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Folks-

northacuse has stepped up to run the Adopt a Platoon Drop off at the Wake Forrest Tailgate. He will be in the Fine lot no later than an hour and a half before gametime with appropriately marked containers for both cash and item donations. He will store these items until we get a unit and a location.

This will provide us with a nice shipment that the soldiers will receive soon after they hit boots on ground, and let them know that syracusefan.com will be taking care of them, while they are over there taking care of us.

I will be in town for the BC game, (we know cusetroop, you tell us everyday) I'm excited, alright?!... we will have another drop off then as well.

TexanMark has donated the first $50 for shipping. (what a guy, what a guy)

Here's a list of ideas -
body wash, baby whipes, loofah sponges, cheap flip flops, deodorant, lip balm, lotion, shaving gel, razors, sunblock, bug spray, floss, detergent, foot powder, antacids, toothpaste, toothbrush, baggies, hand sanitizer, slim jims, beef jerky, pepperoni, speghettios, channed chili, sliced salami, chowder/stew, chef boyardee, salsa/hotsauce, popcorn packets, gatorade powder, oatmeal, pop tarts, putting, fruit cups, drink singles, pouched/canned tuna, dried fruit, trail mix, coffee, cocoa packets, pringles, cheetos, cheese/peanut butter crackers/tuna or chicken salad kit, cheezits/doritos/combos, carnation breakfast packets, granola/cereal/protein bars.
Note - they say no chocolate, or things that melt... But my grandmother sent me a box of brownies every month, and they were always fine.

Big ups to northacuse for offering to help out, and store the items for us. Not like he needed his garage anyway!

Any questions, lemme know!

Last edited:
What if we can't make the Fine Lot drop off tomorrow? Should we try future games or arrange a one on one drop with Northacuse?

What if we can't make the Fine Lot drop off tomorrow? Should we try future games or arrange a one on one drop with Northacuse?

Petey (can I call you Petey?) We will have another one for the BC game (Did you hear that I will be there?).

If you cant make that, maybe shoot northacuse a PM, and you fellas might be able to work something out.

I have a feeling the Fine Lot turnout tomorrow is going to be pretty pitiful. ;)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, man... me and early mornings dont go well. Thanks for the heads up, lol

If you are a local yokel like myself, I can arrange to pick up donations either this coming Monday (Oct 28) or Friday (Nov 1). Send me a PM and I will try my best to make an arrangement that will work.

Petey (can I call you Petey?) We will have another one for the BC game (Did you hear that I will be there?).

If you cant make that, maybe shoot northacuse a PM, and you fellas might be able to work something out.

Petey, huh? Hmmmmm...I'll have to think about that one. Only JoeCollege has that privilege right now. However, a night of drinking and Sasquatch hunting in Alaska might change that. ;)

Really?! You will be here for the BC game? No way?! I hadn't heard that. ;) Seriously, looking forward to offering you an ice cold PBR and shaking your hand for keeping an eye on ol' Kim Jong Un for us.

I figure I'll have to work out a drop off on the side. My weekend schedule is about to become chock full of basketball.

Folks-

northacuse has stepped up to run the Adopt a Platoon Drop off at the Wake Forrest Tailgate. He will be in the Fine lot no later than an hour and a half before gametime with appropriately marked containers for both cash and item donations. He will store these items until we get a unit and a location.

This will provide us with a nice shipment that the soldiers will receive soon after they hit boots on ground, and let them know that syracusefan.com will be taking care of them, while they are over there taking care of us.

I will be in town for the BC game, (we know cusetroop, you tell us everyday) I'm excited, alright?!... we will have another drop off then as well.

TexanMark has donated the first $50 for shipping. (what a guy, what a guy)

Here's a list of ideas -
body wash, baby whipes, loofah sponges, cheap flip flops, deodorant, lip balm, lotion, shaving gel, razors, sunblock, bug spray, floss, detergent, foot powder, antacids, toothpaste, toothbrush, baggies, hand sanitizer, slim jims, beef jerky, pepperoni, speghettios, channed chili, sliced salami, chowder/stew, chef boyardee, salsa/hotsauce, popcorn packets, gatorade powder, oatmeal, pop tarts, putting, fruit cups, drink singles, pouched/canned tuna, dried fruit, trail mix, coffee, cocoa packets, pringles, cheetos, cheese/peanut butter crackers/tuna or chicken salad kit, cheezits/doritos/combos, carnation breakfast packets, granola/cereal/protein bars.
Note - they say no chocolate, or things that melt... But my grandmother sent me a box of brownies every month, and they were always fine.

Big ups to northacuse for offering to help out, and store the items for us. Not like he needed his garage anyway!

Any questions, lemme know!
Does this displace sending individual packages? Either way, could we send stuff/money to CNY (former local)? My local CVS has a great deal on Chapstick.

Does this displace sending individual packages? Either way, could we send stuff/money to CNY (former local)? My local CVS has a great deal on Chapstick.

This is just for a big shipment when they first get in country. Get them set up nice. After the initial shipment, it will be on you to take care of your respective soldier. We should have a list of names, and information about each soldier sometime in November. Unit deploys in January

Good deal -- will send my guy or gal a printout of the "Marrone's tenure here" thread. They'll have no idea what's up.

I'm seeing SU flip flops in afghanistan's future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom