Adrian Autry "Orange Nation" 2-15-24 | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry "Orange Nation" 2-15-24

Could not agree more with Coach on NOT booing our players.

I wasn’t a fan of continued booing of Joe - I get a bit of heckling, but he gave SU four years, graduated and then left to pursue another opportunity which broadens his life experience. I know he’s not “ours” right now, but he’s still always going to be orange- he is an alumni.

That being said booing Justin was/is sad. He may not be producing what fans want right now, but he’s still a member of our team. If you think your sending a message to the coach about not wanting him in the starting lineup, I think you’re short sighted- remember he hears this and it’s certainly not going to help him improve.

Could not agree more with Coach on NOT booing our players.

I wasn’t a fan of continued booing of Joe - I get a bit of heckling, but he gave SU four years, graduated and then left to pursue another opportunity which broadens his life experience. I know he’s not “ours” right now, but he’s still always going to be orange- he is an alumni.

That being said booing Justin was/is sad. He may not be producing what fans want right now, but he’s still a member of our team. If you think your sending a message to the coach about not wanting him in the starting lineup, I think you’re short sighted- remember he hears this and it’s certainly not going to help him improve.
I think coach should address the students before the next game

Sticky the portion where Red starts at about 2:10 re: PLAYS, please.

Booing Justin was sad as hell. Really horrible and I feel terrible for him. I hope the students who booed understand their mistake and never do it again.

Sticky the portion where Red starts at about 2:10 re: PLAYS, please.
He’s absolutely correct. If you run a certain set on offense and you don’t get anything from it, the players still have to continue to play and recognize reads and options. That’s what he means when you have to play basketball. If you’ve played enough pick up, you know you don’t run plays but just make good basketball plays.

He’s absolutely correct. If you run a certain set on offense and you don’t get anything from it, the players still have to continue to play and recognize reads and options. That’s what he means when you have to play basketball. If you’ve played enough pick up, you know you don’t run plays but just make good basketball plays.
Of course, he's correct. That was my point.

I don't think enough people understand that you have to put rebounding numbers in their proper context; Assuming teams of similar size and depth, a M2M style, and without a strong inclination one way or the other towards sending everyone to the glass vs. keeping guys back to limit transition chances, rebounding 30% of your misses and 72% of your opponents' are decent benchmarks to aim for.

Those percentages matter much more than the raw totals in determining whether or not you had a good night on the glass. But then you have to further adjust for our lack of size and depth, so those benchmarks should come down a little bit.

In the win over UNC, we rebounded 14% of our misses and 60% of UNC's. But that 60% number was better than the first meeting (55%) - And that was when Benny and Naheem were still available. So all things considered, Tuesday was about as good a night on the glass as we can hope for. Expecting us to outrebound anyone is a fool's errand, IMO.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom