After hanging with the Louisville fans tonight... | Syracusefan.com

After hanging with the Louisville fans tonight...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
One thing is abundantly clear: to a person, not one of them wanted to see their boys face Syracuse again. They really respect our team and were relieved it was Michigan on the other side. Most felt they would have had a rough time beating us again.

Although our Orange weren't in tonight's game, I still had a blast at my first ever NCAA Final. I was hoping to see more of you Syracuse fans (no pun) hanging around, but oh well. There's always next year. ;)

One thing is abundantly clear: to a person, not one of them wanted to see their boys face Syracuse again. They really respect our team and were relieved it was Michigan on the other side. Most felt they would have had a rough time beating us again.

Although our Orange weren't in tonight's game, I still had a blast at my first ever NCAA Final. I was hoping to see more of you Syracuse fans (no pun) hanging around, but oh well. There's always next year. ;)

I wouldn't mind drinking with the Louisville fans next year, but they may not be as cool being they will have to play UK instead of UM ;)

Good to hear they respect us though. I'm glad to have some time away from them, out of the same mutual respect.

Let me know when you'll be back in town. I'll get my stuff out. Love what you've done with the place! :p

Only if said course has a windmill hole. And I haven't been kicked out by Mrs.College in weeks.

We were on Marta on Sunday night with a Louisville manager who was an awesome guy. He told us the team was thrilled to have Michigan and he personally didn't think they could beat us without Ware. All in all, I've always had good experiences with Louisville fans at the BET, they're super passionate and knowledgeable but they're way more interested in talking ball then they are trash. Everyone I met from U of L this weekend was great. Michigan fans? Not so much.

I was hoping to see more of you Syracuse fans (no pun) hanging around, but oh well. There's always next year. ;)
I had intended to be there, but without a dog in the hunt and the ease of recouping the ticket outlay, it was easier to simply enjoy the outdoor atmosphere, grab a bite at Hudson Grille while watching the first half and then driving home in time to catch the last 10 minutes.

Know many Louisville fans. All good peeps, awesome town, and all respect SU.

Know many Louisville fans. All good peeps, awesome town, and all respect SU.

Most of the Michigan fans I saw were either quiet or were obnoxious tools. There was no in-between. The Louisville female fans were so fine, while the UM co-eds hanging around looked like they had just come from a trailer park party. Saw 4 girls trying to essentially drag one into the arena because she could barely walk. Totally wasted. All class.

I wanted to puke when I saw the Fab 3 of 5 show up on the jumbo-tron. I yelled out "Where's Paul and Ringo?" and got a good chuckle from the Card fans around us.

The Louisville fans were really awesome. A woman came up to me and said "I hope y'all are rooting for us tonight. I admit I couldn't root for Syracuse on Saturday because I was afraid to play you guys again, but I really like you guys a lot. We have to stick together now." I told her I forgave her...this time. ;)

We were on Marta on Sunday night with a Louisville manager who was an awesome guy. He told us the team was thrilled to have Michigan and he personally didn't think they could beat us without Ware. All in all, I've always had good experiences with Louisville fans at the BET, they're super passionate and knowledgeable but they're way more interested in talking ball then they are trash. Everyone I met from U of L this weekend was great. Michigan fans? Not so much.
I sold my tickets to yesterday's game to some Louisville fans (it would have been too depressing to watch that game and I wanted to get back on the road to Syracuse) and they said the exact same thing. They would normally root for the big east team but were glad they didn't have to play us again, especially since Ware was critical in their games against us. They seemed like good guys and definitely knew their basketball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom