After reading the IU board... | Syracusefan.com

After reading the IU board...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
I only have one thing to say:

Our boys need to win this game for Ron Patterson. Our coach and program are slimy? Crean threw that kid under the train like a piece of meat. I'd say that qualifies as pure, Grade A slime. He'd sell his grandmother for an NCAA title. He's a crazed, sideline lunatic who should be muzzled and chained to the bench. One little push and he's Kelvin Sampson Part 2, that's how close to the edge he is.

As AC/DC once said, if you want blood, you got it. Call down the thunder, Hoosierfan. Call it down.

Is that a douchey enough post to stir the pot? ;)

I LOVE HILLJACK COUNTRY!!!!

What blows my mind is going to other boards and when people talk about our roster, they talk about Dirty and MCW, and to an extent, Triche.

They almost never mention CJ Fair, despite the fact that he's, you know, our best player. He's so criminally underrated nationally.

I only have one thing to say:

Our boys need to win this game for Ron Patterson. Our coach and program are slimy? Crean threw that kid under the train like a piece of meat. I'd say that qualifies as pure, Grade A slime. He'd sell his grandmother for an NCAA title. He's a crazed, sideline lunatic who should be muzzled and chained to the bench. One little push and he's Kelvin Sampson Part 2, that's how close to the edge he is.

As AC/DC once said, if you want blood, you got it. Call down the thunder, Hoosierfan. Call it down.

Is that a douchey enough post to stir the pot? ;)

I LOVE HILLJACK COUNTRY!!!!

I'm more than a little annoyed at the SU fans over on that cesspool of a message board sucking their knobs and apologizing for what is being said here.

I have no respect for their history or the succession of scum coaches they've had. Knight beating on kids, Sampson and rampant cheating, and now Crean.

They've been irrelevant for the better part of 20 years and now they think they belittle our history and tradition. F them.

Our guys owe JB a win against Indiana in the tournament. As much as we want this game, I can't imagine how much our coaches and players want it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm more than a little annoyed at the SU fans over on that cesspool of a message board sucking their knobs and apologizing for what is being said here.

I have no respect for their history or the succession of scum coaches they've had. Knight beating on kids, Sampson and rampant cheating, and now Crean.

They've been irrelevant for the better part of 20 years and now they think they belittle our history and tradition. F them.

Our guys owe JB a win against Indiana in the tournament. As much as we want this game, I can't imagine how much our coaches and players want it.

What drives me nuts is the one dude saying, "hey, you should troll [specific poster, I won't dignify it by saying who]!" What a douche thing to say. Who the hell does that?

Some guy on the Indiana sbnation made this post:

I wouldn't quite say that

The Big East is a brand of basketball that is overall a tier below the Big Ten, likely on par with the Big 12 but above the Pac 10 and WELL above the SEC.
It is high time that everyone come to grips with the fact that ESPN has had a marketing contract with the Big East and takes credit for establishing the conference as a ‘Power’ conference. There are some seriously talented players that play in the Big East but the brand of basketball they play is utter crap. Syracuse is near the top of their heap, but no one should ever confuse a Jim Boeheim coached team with a contender. They aren’t even ‘little brother.’ They’re more like ‘little brother’s obnoxious friend who always talks about how good he is.’ They’ve had Carmelo Anthony and absolutely nothing else.Ever.
Get down there firstest with the mostest - Branch McCracken
They think Bobby Knight's tough, they should have seen McCracken - Bobby "Slick" Leonard

by PocketHoosier on Mar 24, 2013 | 9:40 PM

I laughed out loud.

More brilliance from the Hoosier faithful

Syracuse does not play smart nor disciplined basketball. I think we can frustrate some of their players.

Another thing is the players have to go back to school and with the way things have been going with Syracuse you have no idea who might be playing for them next week. They do have to take drug test during NCAA tourneys right? They could lose three of their starters before the Sweet 16 game.

Some guy on the Indiana sbnation made this post:

I laughed out loud.

Lol that conference that hasn't produced a champion since 2000. That conference has the only major conference team to never get an NCAA invite. The Big "10" is so historically weak with some of its programs that the addition of rutgers and its final four actually adds to the tradition.

Lol that conference that hasn't produced a champion since 2000. That conference has the only major conference team to never get an NCAA invite. The Big "10" is so historically weak with some of its programs that the addition of rutgers and its final four actually adds to the tradition.

Well that and what really made me laugh. Which was the suggestion that the way the Big Ten plays basketball is in any way great. But all you need to know about the person who posted that is in this:
Those 3 titles (wow, 3 whole titles!!) still don’t change the fact that you expect Big East basketball to be played on concrete with chains for nets with crack whore cheerleaders andESPNcommentators remarking at how lovely the sores look on their lips.
It’s absolutely disgusting to watch.
(in case you didn’t get the reference, the Big East is nothing more than an attempt to legitimize ghetto ball…and that means that the conference is an evil endeavor. That tripe doesn’t belong anywhere but some nameless playground in some nameless cesspool in some faceless city with absolutely no one watching.)
Get down there firstest with the mostest - Branch McCracken
They think Bobby Knight's tough, they should have seen McCracken - Bobby "Slick" Leonard
byPocketHoosieronMar 25, 2013 | 3:39 AM

Classy.

Well that and what really made me laugh. Which was the suggestion that the way the Big Ten plays basketball is in any way great. But all you need to know about the person who posted that is in this:

Classy.

Some midwestern good ole' boy pining for the days when dunking was illegal.

Classy.

If the BE had more of his preferred players I imagine he would find it scrappy like Aaron Craft. But because there aren't that many Craft's or Zeller's or hobbits in the BE, our cheerleaders are crack whores. Classy indeed.

Hell, IU can't even beat these guys, what chance do they have against us?

breaking-away-large.jpg

GO CUTTERS!

More brilliance from the Hoosier faithful

Syracuse does not play smart nor disciplined basketball. I think we can frustrate some of their players.

Another thing is the players have to go back to school and with the way things have been going with Syracuse you have no idea who might be playing for them next week. They do have to take drug test during NCAA tourneys right? They could lose three of their starters before the Sweet 16 game.

I think you have your sarcastic font on.

But I am not sure why... both statements are pretty much true.

I think you have your sarcastic font on.

But I am not sure why... both statements are pretty much true.

Oh - so we're going to lose two or three starters this week due to failing drug tests? Good to know.

I find it a little hilarious that a few people there seem to be under the impression that a faster tempo and pace to the game favors them. I admit I have not watched them much, and I know they have some good athletes, but I don't think they understand that we are absolutely, unequivocally at our best when we get out and run. We were built to run. I for one would love a fast paced game.

I find it a little hilarious that a few people there seem to be under the impression that a faster tempo and pace to the game favors them. I admit I have not watched them much, and I know they have some good athletes, but I don't think they understand that we are absolutely, unequivocally at our best when we get out and run. We were built to run. I for one would love a fast paced game.
The reason why is that Zeller is dominant in transition. Cuse needs to play this game like the 2003 National Title Game. Shoot and only send 1 guy to the offensive boards and everyone else gets back. Zeller= Nick Collision, Hullis= Kirk Hinrich, but they also have a poor man's Russell Westbrook in Victor Olapido. Olapido isn't an athletic or shoot as well as Westbrook, but has a similar defensive lockdown style. We can not get into a track meet with Indiana. We have to play them like we play Georgetown in the BET grind it out, slow the pace, and hope somebody makes shots. Indiana struggles in a controlled tempo type of game like Wisconsin is known for.

The reason why is that Zeller is dominant in transition. Cuse needs to play this game like the 2003 National Title Game. Shoot and only send 1 guy to the offensive boards and everyone else gets back. Zeller= Nick Collision, Hullis= Kirk Hinrich, but they also have a poor man's Russell Westbrook in Victor Olapido. Olapido isn't an athletic or shoot as well as Westbrook, but has a similar defensive lockdown style. We can not get into a track meet with Indiana. We have to play them like we play Georgetown in the BET grind it out, slow the pace, and hope somebody makes shots. Indiana struggles in a controlled tempo type of game like Wisconsin is known for.

I don't see that working well. Our offense this season is predicated on offensive rebounds. To sacrifice that strength of our offense would make scoring a huge challenge. We're not a good enough shooting team to be one-and-done every possession.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom