AJ Long medically disqualified due to multiple concussions..transferring | Syracusefan.com

AJ Long medically disqualified due to multiple concussions..transferring

He said "... Looking forward to what else happens here in my my next 2-3 years."

Saw this a few hours ago btw, didn't really know what to think of it.

AJ had an Instagram post that said thank you for the past 2-3 years, looking forward to the next 2-3 years. He also said HERE in the post, which to me implies he isn't going anywhere.

Nunes didn't say he was gone either, just that the post was curious.

I think it's much ado about nothing

He said "... Looking forward to what else happens here in my my next 2-3 years."

Saw this a few hours ago btw, didn't really know what to think of it.
Safety?

Just saw that.

Didn't understand what it what was all about.

He must see the writing on the wall.

If he's really leaving, this is not a good thing for the program.

Long is arguably the 3rd string qb at this point with two more coming in next year. It's not that big a deal. Hopefully he would never see the field here again but I guess he could be a back up, so who knows

I am responding to this regardless of what AJ's IG post meant.

Not for anything, and with all due respect to AJ, but IMO the writing is on the wall. At this point if Dungey continues to improve, coupled with Mahoney now as the backup, I just don't see a very bright future for AJ at Syracuse. Add in Rex Culpepper and Lindsey Scott for next year and it seems like Lester is moving forward without him in the plans. Lester wants his own kids at QB, not someone else's.

I could be completely wrong, but that is what I am seeing. I wish that kid the best in whatever happens because he has been an incredibly loyal Cuse advocate. Injuries have undoubtedly derailed his development between the shoulder last year and now the hand this year. That's a shame, but Shafer and Lester have to act in the best interests of the program.

IthacaBarrel said:
Long is arguably the 3rd string qb at this point with two more coming in next year. It's not that big a deal. Hopefully he would never see the field here again but I guess he could be a back up, so who knows
I don't want anyone to go but I also don't like the wailing over anyone going somewhere else where they get to play and maybe be a hero.

I am responding to this regardless of what AJ's IG post meant.

Not for anything, and with all due respect to AJ, but IMO the writing is on the wall. At this point if Dungey continues to improve, coupled with Mahoney now as the backup, I just don't see a very bright future for AJ at Syracuse. Add in Rex Culpepper and Lindsey Scott for next year and it seems like Lester is moving forward without him in the plans. Lester wants his own kids at QB, not someone else's.

I could be completely wrong, but that is what I am seeing. I wish that kid the best in whatever happens because he has been an incredibly loyal Cuse advocate. Injuries have undoubtedly derailed his development between the shoulder last year and now the hand this year. That's a shame, but Shafer and Lester have to act in the best interests of the program.

On this one you are on the wrong trail Rocco.

He posted this like 10 hours ago on Instagram. I saw it at the time and the "here" gave it away. Was a weird post but didnt seem to me at all like he was leaving.