Akers (FSU) injury? | Syracusefan.com

Akers (FSU) injury?

florange44

Scout Team
Last week I was watching the first half of FSU game with a Seminole friend. Sometime in the second quarter, Cam Akers was returning a kickoff and got hit low, like a helmet to the knee, hyperextension and everything. He went down and they carried him off. We both remarked that he's done for the year.

I've looked for any information on the injury and haven't seen it. Is there anything official out there?
I believe he's out and they are being coy. This is big for us, he's the game breaker in the backfield.
The #2 is good too (Patrick) but he's not the speed guy that Akers is.

We'll take any advantage we can get.
LGO!

Florange44

Last week I was watching the first half of FSU game with a Seminole friend. Sometime in the second quarter, Cam Akers was returning a kickoff and got hit low, like a helmet to the knee, hyperextension and everything. He went down and they carried him off. We both remarked that he's done for the year.

I've looked for any information on the injury and haven't seen it. Is there anything official out there?
I believe he's out and they are being coy. This is big for us, he's the game breaker in the backfield.

LGO!

Florange44
Injury report are no longer mandatory. (How are you supposed to bet?)

LGO!

Florange44

Did he not return to the game?

All notes out of FSU yesterday said he was perfectly fine.

LGO!

Florange44

i'd rather him play dinged up vs next man up who prob is another 4-5 star guy. Similar to the Clemson situation last year when we got their dinged up qb...

i'd rather him play dinged up vs next man up who prob is another 4-5 star guy. Similar to the Clemson situation last year when we got their dinged up qb...
Like LSU last year. The defense played so much better when Guice was in the game than when Williams was in.

LGO!

Florange44
Akers was still running the ball as of the last FSU drive of the game

FSU's Week 3 Depth Chart vs. Syracuse

Florida State released its depth chart for Saturday’s contest against Syracuse, and there are a few notes worth sharing.

- The most noteworthy development is the absence of starting right tackle Landon Dickerson, who was not on FSU’s flip card ahead of last week’s game against Samford. Dickerson suffered an ankle sprain in the opener versus Virginia Tech and was expected to miss some time with the injury. Derrick Kelly started in his place at right tackle, and it looks like FSU will continue to have Kelly work there this week. Brady Scott, who played in several spots but finished the Samford game as FSU’s first-team left tackle, is listed as the No. 2 right tackle. Abdul Bello is listed as the No. 2 left tackle behind Jauan Williams after missing last week’s game with an undisclosed injury. This is a position that's worth monitoring as FSU went with six rotations last week and has utilized at least 10 so far this season.

- FSU’s wide receivers were filled with “ORs” upon the release of the initial depth chart ahead of the Virginia Tech game. That’s been narrowed down. Keith Gavin and Tamorrion Terry are now listed as the first-team outside receivers, while D.J. Matthews has distinguished himself as the first-time slot wide receiver ahead of Nyqwan Murray.

8655804.png
(Photo: 247Sports)
- RB Khalan Laborn is not listed after suffering a dislocated kneecap. He’s expected to miss at least several weeks.

- DeCalon Brooks has apparently solidified himself as the starting Money linebacker (listed at “Sam” here). He missed the opener with a concussion and was previously listed as a co-start with Adonis Thomas (now No. 2).

- Zaquandre White makes an appearance as the No. 2 Star linebacker behind Jaiden Woodbey. White has apparently flashed in practice and worked some on special teams last week after missing the opener.

- Isaiah Bolden (shoulder) left last week’s game. He was the No. 2 cornerback behind Kyle Meyers. A.J. Lytton worked some in his place against Samford. He’s currently the No. 2 corner on FSU’s depth chart.

Thanks sutomcat . I was looking for this.

Although Wes Durham just said on ACC network that “we’ll find out about cam Akers later today”.

Laborn is a 5* guy who was one of the only shining moments in the VaTech game.

Patrick has actually run better than Akers this year, but Akers is the home run hitter, and nobody would suggest that Patrick start ahead of him. I've heard nothing of injury issues regarding Akers.

That Dickerson one is a huge one...our offensive line is...offensive.