Alabama or Oklahoma State? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Alabama or Oklahoma State?

No need to apologize. You are who you are. And you showed you resort to name-calling and a 3rd grade school yard mentality when you can't debate an issue in a civil manner. No need to apologize though; I just dismissed your entire stance because of the way you presented it. I would be happy to talk about this issue with anyone else in an adult nature though.

Have a good day! Happy Holidays!
There's nothing to debate. You're theory is way off base and just wrong. But Happy Holidays to you as well!

My issue how is Alabama really the national champ if they should beat LSU this time? They will both have lost 1 game each .. to each other. So because Alabama loses the first and wins the second they are somehow the better team and the champ? If there is a rematch I am hoping LSU crushes them to leave no doubt who the best team in the country is.

There's nothing to debate. You're theory is way off base and just wrong. But Happy Holidays to you as well!
No, You're opinion differs from mine. The theory is logical and will in my opinion turn out to be true. You can't have a civil conversation with someone who has a different opinion. That's the difference.

The "right" or "wrong" will be determined after the game is played and once the ratings come out and once the stories of the advertising dollars come out from Darren Rovell and such. Then we will see who is right or wrong. But you are unable to grasp that concept and just want to resort to name-calling and just flat out made stuff up this morning and put words in my mouth to prop up you're weak argument. Which is fine, but that is also why I dismiss your entire stance and... well you!

They would be champs because they won when it mattered. Every other sport has playoffs, and that leaves the possibility of rematches. 18-1 Pats went 1-1 vs the Giants so I guess they should have had to play again right?

No, You're opinion differs from mine. The theory is logical and will in my opinion turn out to be true. You can't have a civil conversation with someone who has a different opinion. That's the difference.

The "right" or "wrong" will be determined after the game is played and once the ratings come out and once the stories of the advertising dollars come out from Darren Rovell and such. Then we will see who is right or wrong. But you are unable to grasp that concept and just want to resort to name-calling and just flat out made stuff up this morning and put words in my mouth to prop up you're weak argument. Which is fine, but that is also why I dismiss your entire stance and... well you!
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. None.

My issue how is Alabama really the national champ if they should beat LSU this time? They will both have lost 1 game each .. to each other. So because Alabama loses the first and wins the second they are somehow the better team and the champ? If there is a rematch I am hoping LSU crushes them to leave no doubt who the best team in the country is.
If that plays out it could play out with playoff as well. The only way it doesn't is if winner is unbeaten unless you want a best of series which is just silly

Alabama already had a shot to beat LSU, someone else deserves a shot against them

Okie light would be my pick over a rematch, although I think Bama would give the Tigers a tougher game. Nick Saban should be held to his own standards, and he argued in 2003 that conference champions should get preference in the BCS game. I don't care for the Crimson Dwarf, and hope that his lobbying on TV yesterday backfires.

Your stupid post made my argument for me. You really think that sponsors are going to run from a LSU-Alabama national championship? If so I take it back. You aren't dumb, you're insane. You're enamored by scoring, that's fine. Oklahoma St lost to a terrible Iowa St team, Alabama lost to everybody's #1 LSU team in a game they clearly outplayed them. I pray for a rematch.
LSU is the best team, to date, this season. Alabama had a chance (on their home field, no less) to beat them. They didn't. It's time for the Tide to step aside and give someone else a chance.

OSU. It wont happen because the country is in love with the SEC. Cant wait until 40 days from now I get to see another snorefest. Wait... all of the exhibition...I mean bowl games in between will help pass the time.:crazy:

Until then I will be watching college basketball games every night. Get a real postseason and I will jump back in.

Who ya got?

For me, OSU's 5 BCS top 25 wins vs. Alabama's 2 seals it. In fact, Alabama has beaten only 3 FBS teams with more than 6 wins all year.

Oklahoma State just by a hair. Bama had their shot to beat LSU at home, and they came up short. If that 9-6 game was at LSU, I might be more inclined to give Bama a chance at a rematch.

OSU's O vs. LSU's D would be legendary.

Give me Okie State. Alabama had their shot, and if anyone can do anything against LSU's D it may be Okie St's offense. I think LSU takes it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who ya got?

For me, OSU's 5 BCS top 25 wins vs. Alabama's 2 seals it. In fact, Alabama has beaten only 3 FBS teams with more than 6 wins all year.

Agree, this should be a no brainer. How is it that Bama is ranked ahead of the Pokies ???

That aside - LSU-Bama re-match ...BORING...not sure that I would even bother to watch it.

LSU-OSU......EXCITING !!!

oSU but I'm sure it won't happen. Bama already had their shot, as a home game no less.

Agree, this should be a no brainer. How is it that Bama is ranked ahead of the Pokies ???

That aside - LSU-Bama re-match ...BORING...not sure that I would even bother to watch it.

LSU-OSU......EXCITING !!!
If Bama lost to say Kentucky or Vandy (the equivalent of Iowa St) people would be up in arms over them being in the mix. OSU is a good story, but you shouldn't lose to the 8th best team in the Big 12 and expect to play for the national championship.

Alabama is probably going but its wrong and will make for a bad BCS game that will draw low ratings and be hard to sell to the general public. Nobody wants to see this rematch outside of Alabama.

BCS-LSU vs Alabama
Rose-Wisconsin vs Oregon
Fiesta-Stanford vs Oklahoma St
Orange-WV vs Clemson
Sugar-Michigan vs TCU (if they move up enough spots)...if not then K-State

The Rose and Fiesta will be better watches than the BCS.

OSU. Bama hasn't beaten a Top 10 (at the time) team all year. Had their shot against LSU and couldn't get it done. Having said that, I have no doubt it will be LSU-Bama in the title game.

OSU. It wont happen because the country is in love with the SEC. Cant wait until 40 days from now I get to see another snorefest. Wait... all of the exhibition...I mean bowl games in between will help pass the time.:crazy:

Until then I will be watching college basketball games every night. Get a real postseason and I will jump back in.

Is the country in love with the SEC? I doubt many die hard B1G, Pac, ACC, or Big 12 especially, will be geared up to watch an all SEC championship.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

If Bama lost to say Kentucky or Vandy (the equivalent of Iowa St) people would be up in arms over them being in the mix. OSU is a good story, but you shouldn't lose to the 8th best team in the Big 12 and expect to play for the national championship.
OSU certainly has a worse loss. They also have ~3 better wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom