Allen Griffin | NoDestination | Syracusefan.com

Allen Griffin | NoDestination

Happy Food GIF by Regal

Listening to this got me excited all over again. It left me with the impression that we may have turned down several portal players due to personality / fit issues (including some of the more heavily recruited players talked about on the recruiting forum). Seems like a smart strategy after last year.

These interviews have been really well done. I wish Grif would have said more about Carlos and Davis and the role they might play next season.
If they haven’t actually signed, I am not sure he can.

Excellent interview on both sides.

Some good insights on a lot of topics.

Chance was discussed in the middle of the interview... about how hard he has been working, the medical/training staff, etc. But late in the interview, Griff was asked about last years 'team' vs this years team, and he talked about how it will be a true team not relying on one, etc. He went out of his way to mention two guys in his team example.. JJ passing to Chance, Chance passing to this guy.

You can tell he is excited about the next portal recruit/s... and how they can be really selective based on how they love what they already have in next year's team.

Get your popcorn ready... LGO!

Nice listen. Interesting tidbits about the types of culture guys they want.

TEAM concept vs Q or Judah..go win the game.
"Old players" vs 5 sophs on the floor.
All this is/sounds well and good...no question.
One thought that kind of troubles me...
With this background...how did we lose Malik?

These interviews have been really well done. I wish Grif would have said more about Carlos and Davis and the role they might play next season.
I wish they had time where he could have asked Griff why Patterson really decided to leave.

TEAM concept vs Q or Judah..go win the game.
"Old players" vs 5 sophs on the floor.
All this is/sounds well and good...no question.
One thought that kind of troubles me...
With this background...how did we lose Malik?
1. Maliq was recruited at the height of spring in Durham. It is psychedelic. Perhaps he enjoys tripping?
2. Maybe, just maybe, he wants to play in the NCAA Tournament?
:rolleyes:

And Griff was Kadary’s primary recruiter I think so I’m sure they’re still close and have a good relationship.

Hopefully by now they do.

Griff and Kadary are very close and always have been. Griff continued to recruit Kadary even when he was given a red light on him. Basically came to cuse simply bc of Griff. I’ll leave it at that for now

It didn’t end that way.

Griff and Kadary are very close and always have been. Griff continued to recruit Kadary even when he was given a red light on him. Basically came to cuse simply bc of Griff. I’ll leave it at that for now
It didn’t end that way.

But JB being gone is a massive factor regardless I’d assume ……

But JB being gone is a massive factor regardless I’d assume ……
yes but he's not really gone, he has an office in Einsley. JB did make some nice public comments this year about Kadary, maybe it's palatable for KR to forgive and forget. JB is just a figurehead at this point and not involved, he may be far enough removed for KR.

yes but he's not really gone, he has an office in Einsley. JB did make some nice public comments this year about Kadary, maybe it's palatable for KR to forgive and forget. JB is just a figurehead at this point and not involved, he may be far enough removed for KR.
You have no idea how he feels toward Boeheim, you have no idea how he feels about Willard or Holloway either. Maybe he thinks Boeheim is more of a straight dealer than those guys, who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom