Am I missing something with this 660 HR chase | Syracusefan.com

Am I missing something with this 660 HR chase

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I understand that Arod is supposed to be paid a big bonus for 660 but if there was no bonus on the line would people be making a big deal about Arod passing Willie Mays. I don't remember this much of a deal with Barry Bonds and isn't Willie Mays his godparent. I'm a Yankee fan and I think it's wrong if they don't acknowledge it but let the courts decide about the bonus. I think fans will acknowledge it but I don't get the Yankees take on not acknowledging the number "660" or "661". Maybe it's just me.

I understand that Arod is supposed to be paid a big bonus for 660 but if there was no bonus on the line would people be making a big deal about Arod passing Willie Mays. I don't remember this much of a deal with Barry Bonds and isn't Willie Mays his godparent. I'm a Yankee fan and I think it's wrong if they don't acknowledge it but let the courts decide about the bonus. I think fans will acknowledge it but I don't get the Yankees take on not acknowledging the number "660" or "661". Maybe it's just me.

As I remember, it was a pretty big deal when Bonds passed Mays. The top three were Aaron, Ruth and Mays for so long (and still are in my book) that ESPN and MLB network broke in for each at bat until he hit the homers.

As I remember, it was a pretty big deal when Bonds passed Mays. The top three were Aaron, Ruth and Mays for so long (and still are in my book) that ESPN and MLB network broke in for each at bat until he hit the homers.
Maybe. I just don't remember it for 660.

if you give arod his for doping up.. then give mays his 80+ back for going in the military and give ted williams about 100 too.

if you give arod his for doping up.. then give mays his 80+ back for going in the military and give ted williams about 100 too.
Make that 200, Williams served in two wars WWII and Korea.

Make that 200, Williams served in two wars WWII and Korea.
Add a couple hundred more for the short porch in Yankee Stadium if they ever made that trade.

Early season baseball needs something to talk about.