Amba Etta-Tawo | Syracusefan.com

Amba Etta-Tawo

bnoro

Lurker
Can't say enough about his performance last night. It's been a long time since we had a deep threat that was not only fast, but could catch the ball. He's got a long name, so I'm starting the petition now.

His nickname has to be ET.

ET_Moon.jpg

Can't say enough about his performance last night. It's been a long time since we had a deep threat that was not only fast, but could catch the ball. He's got a long name, so I'm starting the petition now.

ET_Moon.jpg
Yes sir!! We said the same thing in the middle of the game. Gotta go with simply ET

Maryland fans said he couldn't catch the damn ball.....I would expect a few more visits this week to Empire Vision centers

ET_Moon.jpg
As arbiter of nicknames, I approve.

Get him some Reese's Pieces.

He showed off some really impressive hands yesterday. Ultimately, I don't expect him to be nearly that prolific every game. Post guys like him often only make an impact 1 or 2 key plays a game.

But this was an example of the coaches working the fifth year transfer market to improve the quality of our WR corps.

He showed off some really impressive hands yesterday. Ultimately, I don't expect him to be nearly that prolific every game. Post guys like him often only make an impact 1 or 2 key plays a game.

But this was an example of the coaches working the fifth year transfer market to improve the quality of our WR corps.
He's going to have a big year, which could make us an interesting 5th year player destination until we get big time blue chippers in.

He's going to have a big year, which could make us an interesting 5th year player destination until we get big time blue chippers in.

Really wish we'd landed the 5th year transfer WR from BGSU who ended up at Alabama.

Really wish we'd landed the 5th year transfer WR from BGSU who ended up at Alabama.
Might be a blessing in disguise we didn't. Might have put a microscope on things.

Hmm... not following you there, let's take this one off-line.
Oh, nothing like that. Just wouldn't want the staff to walk in and even have the potential to be accused of tampering.

Maryland fans said he couldn't catch the damn ball...I would expect a few more visits this week to Empire Vision centers
Probably didn't have a QB who knew where to throw the ball, or didn't have the ability to get it there.

Oh, nothing like that. Just wouldn't want the staff to walk in and even have the potential to be accused of tampering.

Ah, I got you (re: the appearance of tampering).

RF2044 said:
He showed off some really impressive hands yesterday. Ultimately, I don't expect him to be nearly that prolific every game. Post guys like him often only make an impact 1 or 2 key plays a game. But this was an example of the coaches working the fifth year transfer market to improve the quality of our WR corps.

Not in this offense. Both WR's will see lots of different kinds of plays and yards. They will throw deep more than 1-2 times a game, depending on coverage. He had a bubble yesterday too for maybe 5 yds.

I think he'll continue to have a big year.

Not in this offense. Both WR's will see lots of different kinds of plays and yards. They will throw deep more than 1-2 times a game, depending on coverage. He had a bubble yesterday too for maybe 5 yds.

I think he'll continue to have a big year.

Hope you're right, time will tell.

RF2044 said:
Hope you're right, time will tell.

Dieter and Lewis both had huge seasons for BG. There is no way he sees only 1-2 plays per game. There are too many possessions. All the receivers will have lots of opportunities.

Dieter and Lewis both had huge seasons for BG. There is no way he sees only 1-2 plays per game. There are too many possessions. All the receivers will have lots of opportunities.

Your reading comprehension is off. I said that post / fly pattern guys often only impact one or two key plays per game, not that he is only going to get two passes thrown his way per game.

It remains to be seen whether he's more than than just a post threat. He's off to a good start towards showing that he is.

RF2044 said:
Your reading comprehension is off. I said that post / fly pattern guys often only impact one or two key plays per game, not that he is only going to get two passes thrown his way per game. It remains to be seen whether he's more than than just a post threat. He's off to a good start towards showing that he is.

No. I understood. My point is that he's able to do more or he wouldn't be out there. This offense requires both outside WRs to run the full tree.

Going to turn into one of the greatest decisions he will make. At even half the production of Friday night the combination of physical tools and statistics will garner at least a combine invitation. AET literally changed from a tortoise into a hare and in the process opened up a possibility that he can play at the next level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom