Analogy | Syracusefan.com

Analogy

stlorange

Scout Team
As a tax lawyer in a big firm, I'm always asked complicated questions that my partners/clients often expect to be answered immediately. My standard response is: Do you want it quick or do you want it right? After the last few days, I think that philosophy may also apply to our current coach search.

As a tax lawyer in a big firm, I'm always asked complicated questions that my partners/clients often expect to be answered immediately. My standard response is: Do you want it quick or do you want it right? After the last few days, I think that philosophy may also apply to our current coach search.
It's too bad you can't do both.

I'm an engineer, when dealing with Private entity clients, they are the same way. They want it real fast and real cheap. Some real half @$$ work.

I spent a lifetime in a trading room where you gave to do it right and quick. The key to surviving is to have a healthy respect for the market. You can't be timid in a roaring bull market of it passes you by.

I spent a lifetime in a trading room where you gave to do it right and quick. The key to surviving is to have a healthy respect for the market. You can't be timid in a roaring bull market of it passes you by.

boiler-room.jpg

This isn't capturing marginal value, it's making a hire you are stuck with for 5 years, at least the consequences.

All this panic about getting/not getting "the guy" is what makes for bad deals. Artificial time constraints and giving the other side a gun to point at you is just bad negotiating.

It's not about being timid, it's about being smart. There's a country full of football coaches, there will be somebody with a whistle and a practice plan August 1st.

stlorange said:

Any southern clients who respond yes I want it right quick.

This isn't capturing marginal value, it's making a hire you are stuck with for 5 years, at least the consequences.

All this panic about getting/not getting "the guy" is what makes for bad deals. Artificial time constraints and giving the other side a gun to point at you is just bad negotiating.

It's not about being timid, it's about being smart. There's a country full of football coaches, there will be somebody with a whistle and a practice plan August 1st.
So how has that been working for the program the last 20 years?

I want it right, but after many years of watching bad to mediocre football, I want something to hang my hat on soon,

Both. My standard response is flat tax. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom