...and that's how the season ends -- not with a bang, but with a whimper | Syracusefan.com

...and that's how the season ends -- not with a bang, but with a whimper

RF2044

Living Legend
Lost in the first round of the ACCT... again.

In the dreaded 8/9 game, after a thoroughly mediocre season landed us there.

We're unlikely to qualify for the NIT.

If we get into the CBI, I assume we'd turn it down. So the season is in all likelihood OVER -- at noon on a Wednesday.

The only question remaining is whether this outcome will also apply to our HOF coach's illustrious, 47 year career.

Ugh...

If we get into the CBI, I assume we'd turn it down. So the season is in all likelihood OVER -- at noon on a Wednesday.

The only question remaining is whether this outcome will also apply to our HOF coach's illustrious, 47 year career.

Ugh...
For his own sake, I hope so...

Ugh...

Not to mention based on Judah's emotional reaction.. well he gone..

So many things we did well. Two big comebacks early and late. Big run.
but what a fitting end.
just as my garbage was being picked up… dumpster fire year ended.

Judging by Judah's reaction, that was his last game in Orange.

Ugh...
aren't we always in the 8/9 game? Seems like we are every year.

EDIT - I’ll put and edit here so that no one else t replies to this — I was driving and listening to radio through my phone. I thought I heard almost 26 seconds left and Syracuse has the ball … and it was actually 36

——-/-
Listening to the game on the radio… but does the team not understand the concept of ensuring you get last shot in a tie game. Maybe I missed something because of radio.

Last edited:

Ugh...
8/9 game is this program’s ceiling until JB leaves. Much rather have Benny shoot that last one. Once he passed to black hole Joe the result was all too predictable

Ugh...
All because we simply frigging had to settle back in a zone with 7 frigging seconds left and did not press them up court, to even make their shot challenging

My only thought when that 3 went in was, “LOL”

Fitting way for a forgettable season to end. Let’s see what the program looks like come October…