Andreau Kirby Euless Trinity Overlooked | Syracusefan.com

Andreau Kirby Euless Trinity Overlooked

Texas Otto

2nd String
OL Andreau Kirby (6-3, 340), Euless Trinity: It's rare when a Trojans offensive lineman goes unnoticed, but Andreau only played one full season after suffering minor injuries earlier in his career. The all-district and Super Team selection uses a great combination of power and surprising

Read this in the Star-Telegram this morning and was kinda shocked. Understanding that the kid had some injury issues and only played one season, but he plays for one of the elite programs in all of Texas. A program known for producing big athletic linemen I think he will be a gem for any program that takes a last minute chance on him!

OL Andreau Kirby (6-3, 340), Euless Trinity: It's rare when a Trojans offensive lineman goes unnoticed, but Andreau only played one full season after suffering minor injuries earlier in his career. The all-district and Super Team selection uses a great combination of power and surprising

Read this in the Star-Telegram this morning and was kinda shocked. Understanding that the kid had some injury issues and only played one season, but he plays for one of the elite programs in all of Texas. A program known for producing big athletic linemen I think he will be a gem for any program that takes a last minute chance on him!
send this to shafer

That'd be an awfully nice program to get a foothold in...

That'd be an awfully nice program to get a foothold in...

Agreed which is why I was so shocked when I opened the paper this morning and saw this kid was one listed with no D1 offers. Two state championships in the last four years at the class 5A division 1 level. My daughter went to Trinity and played soccer football coach actually forced the women's soccer team to move their fall soccer class time so his players wouldn't be distracted, football rules the roost at Trinity.

Agreed which is why I was so shocked when I opened the paper this morning and saw this kid was one listed with no D1 offers. Two state championships in the last four years at the class 5A division 1 level. My daughter went to Trinity and played soccer football coach actually forced the women's soccer team to move their fall soccer class time so his players wouldn't be distracted, football rules the roost at Trinity.
Yeah I've seen Euless Trinity on FSSW a few times since living in north Texas since 2005, and have seen that they are always a dominant program.

It would be awesome to get in with them and Carroll. And to a lesser degree, maybe Allen or one of the many McKinney schools, since they often seem to have some pretty good players.

Yeah I've seen Euless Trinity on FSSW a few times since living in north Texas since 2005, and have seen that they are always a dominant program.

It would be awesome to get in with them and Carroll. And to a lesser degree, maybe Allen or one of the many McKinney schools, since they often seem to have some pretty good players.

Where in Texas are you?
I moved to Dallas via NYC in 2008

My dad is from Syracuse and I'm an alum. Class of '03.

Question is now that we have had at least one recruit de-commit does the coaching staff make a phone call and take a chance with this kid or another one on the list in the article? I think we really do need to get a footheld back in TX.

Not trying to be an a**hole but SU has never had a foothold in TX. People overuse terms like pipeline and foothold. SU is always going to fight harder than most for kids in far away places like TX and is unlikely to gain a foothold anywhere in TX. Leverage old relationships that the staff might have - but there is a finite amount of time and money for recruiting and throwing it at pie in the sky regions "because you have to be in TX' is an absurd waste of time and money. The odds of getting anything more than picked over second tier talent are slight anyway and just because a kid is from TX or FLA does not make him a player.

Not trying to be an a**hole but SU has never had a foothold in TX. People overuse terms like pipeline and foothold. SU is always going to fight harder than most for kids in far away places like TX and is unlikely to gain a foothold anywhere in TX. Leverage old relationships that the staff might have - but there is a finite amount of time and money for recruiting and throwing it at pie in the sky regions "because you have to be in TX' is an absurd waste of time and money. The odds of getting anything more than picked over second tier talent are slight anyway and just because a kid is from TX or FLA does not make him a player.

I actually beg to differ. Go back to Mac's old rosters and even P's I think you will find on average 3-4 players from TX all of whom contributed to the success of the era. You go where the players are and there isn't an error when I say that ISU, Purdue, Stanford, FL name a school (even all three academies who play D1) recruit TX because it has the best talent in the country and not all of the quality kids can go to TX D1 schools. Heck that is why a sorry state school like UTSA feels like they can move up to D1 in football bacause they know the talent base and feel like I do that TX is still underrecruited. So I respectfully disagree with your premise.

I would take a "second tier talent" in Texas in a heart beat. Texas produces like 200-400 D1 prospects every year. I would like to get sum of dat!

I actually beg to differ. Go back to Mac's old rosters and even P's I think you will find on average 3-4 players from TX all of whom contributed to the success of the era. You go where the players are and there isn't an error when I say that ISU, Purdue, Stanford, FL name a school (even all three academies who play D1) recruit TX because it has the best talent in the country and not all of the quality kids can go to TX D1 schools. Heck that is why a sorry state school like UTSA feels like they can move up to D1 in football bacause they know the talent base and feel like I do that TX is still underrecruited. So I respectfully disagree with your premise.
They picked some kids off - I am fine with that. That is not a foothold. And I do not think it was 3 or 4 contributors per team - of course its all how you define contributors. No time to research it so we will have to agree to disagree there.

SU's best TX footballer is on the lax team.

I would take a "second tier talent" in Texas in a heart beat. Texas produces like 200-400 D1 prospects every year. I would like to get sum of dat!

I second this and say we are still underrecruited there are so many athletes here that go D 1-AA or 2 that could definitley add to a D1 roster (ahem Sam Houston Stae is in the D-1AA championship game like 3 years in a row).

I second this and say we are still underrecruited there are so many athletes here that go D 1-AA or 2 that could definitley add to a D1 roster (ahem Sam Houston Stae is in the D-1AA championship game like 3 years in a row).

Sam Houston nearly beat Baylor and could probably be competitive with some of the lower tier teams in the Big East.

I did a quick look at the foothold of the 90's for guys I think are Texans - Doug Womack, Eric Chenoweth, Charles Burton, Aaron Lewis and Tre Mathis. Five in a decade with only Womack and Chenoweth contributing anything. Yet all of those teams were top 25 and all were beating big programs because they accented solid NE recruiting (solid talent evaluations) with FLA guys - an easier sell for SU.

Again - there are only so many hours and dollars to go around. Wasting them in TX would be the wrong move. No one there gives a crap about SU and the occasional recruit than wants a Newhouse or Maxwell will find SU.

Bingo!!!!!
No one is saying that there is not talent in TX - I played my first three years of HS ball in Houston before coming back north so I know exactly what TX HS football is all about. But you are dreaming if you think SU would be able to nail down enough guys from TX to make it worth the time and effort.

I r
I took the time to look at the foothold from the 90s and found 5 guys in a decade. Again - I never said TX HS football is not above average - it is simply not the answer for SU.

We need to focus more on Texas-North (aka Ohio...)

Plenty o' D1 Talent and they all can't go to Ohio St.

I think you recruit Texas through coaching connections. Similar to the way we went into Georgia recently, and are now carving out some mid west areas. Probably going to be hit or miss, here and there, depending on who is on the staff.
Which is what I said earlier - if a coach has a connection to a TX kid or his coach or a kid has a connection to SU and is interested, you jump on it and do what you can. But you cannot a lot of time and effort there otherwise.

I did a quick look at the foothold of the 90's for guys I think are Texans - Doug Womack, Eric Chenoweth, Charles Burton, Aaron Lewis and Tre Mathis. Five in a decade with only Womack and Chenoweth contributing anything. Yet all of those teams were top 25 and all were beating big programs because they accented solid NE recruiting (solid talent evaluations) with FLA guys - an easier sell for SU.

Again - there are only so many hours and dollars to go around. Wasting them in TX would be the wrong move. No one there gives a crap about SU and the occasional recruit than wants a Newhouse or Maxwell will find SU.

Why are we spending so much time and effort in Florida? I'm certain it's because it's WORTHWHILE. And I would bet we can use the same recruiting pitches in Florida that we use in Texas. Relationships can be built.

And just because we didn't have Texans in our 90's teams doesn't mean we can't have Texans in our team now. You can definitely be succuessful adding Texas talent to your team. See Oklahoma State and Kansas State (and probably Missouri) whose rosters are majority filled by Texans.