Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 237 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many threads and comments would appear on this board if we were recruiting a transcendent player like Carmelo in this day and age? I'll put the over/under on posts at 10,000 comments!

We are recruiting players of that level. Or at least as close to that as anyone can tell before they ever play a college game. That's not what blows the threads up, it's the incredible delays and odd events that occur once it seems like the guy is 99% ours, and especially when it drags well past normal time windows. That has been the situation with AW since mid July and was the situation with TT for endless weeks before that.

We are recruiting players of that level. Or at least as close to that as anyone can tell before they ever play a college game. That's not what blows the threads up, it's the incredible delays and odd events that occur once it seems like the guy is 99% ours, and especially when it drags well past normal time windows. That has been the situation with AW since mid July and was the situation with TT for endless weeks before that.

I don't follow recruiting as close as some of you. With that being said, I haven't seen a player that we were in the running for lately that I felt could legitimately carry us to a championship. I've looked back at some of those games in the tourney and I'm still amazed at how dominant he was as a freshman. I could be wrong...

I don't follow recruiting as close as some of you. With that being said, I haven't seen a player that we were in the running for lately that I felt could legitimately carry us to a championship. I've looked back at some of those games in the tourney and I'm still amazed at how dominant he was as a freshman. I could be wrong...

Of course, but we didn't know that about Melo before he played here. We knew he would be good, but did we think of him any differently than say Hami Diallo right now? Probably not.

So funny to see all the VCU people trashing SU for days and claiming our humorous, sarcastic, or Devils advocate posts were "backpedalling" all now piling on that AW3 really isn't that great and it was only cuz he was a local guy that they had any interest in throwing him a bone.

Of course, but we didn't know that about Melo before he played here. We knew he would be good, but did we think of him any differently than say Hami Diallo right now? Probably not.

True, at least not until that first game against Mamphis!

So funny to see all the VCU people trashing SU for days and claiming our humorous, sarcastic, or Devils advocate posts were "backpedalling" all now piling on that AW3 really isn't that great and it was only cuz he was a local guy that they had any interest in throwing him a bone.
sour_grapes.jpg

They too see the writing on the wall my friend.

I believe White committed to Cuse, at least silently back in July and continued to take visits. I don't see the reason not to announce his decision.

You've made that very clear. Notwithstanding that everyone here pretty much acknowledges that it isn't the norm, but he isn't obligated to tell anyone other than the coaching staff of the school he is going to attend. Everyone else including the VCU staff will find out eventually, if that is the way he wants to handle it.

Do you feel like you owe every telemarketer who calls you to offer you a product an answer? In some ways recruiting is the same way, lots of schools offer that doesn't mean the recruit was truly interested or asking for an offer.

You've made that very clear. Notwithstanding that everyone here pretty much acknowledges that it isn't the norm, but he isn't obligated to tell anyone other than the coaching staff of the school he is going to attend. Everyone else including the VCU staff will find out eventually, if that is the way he wants to handle it.

Do you feel like you owe every telemarketer who calls you to offer you a product an answer? In some ways recruiting is the same way, lots of schools offer that doesn't mean the recruit was truly interested or asking for an offer.

If White met with VCU then yes, he's obligated to let them know he's not choosing them. This isn't a telemarketer calling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom