Class of 2014 - Andrew Wiggins | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Andrew Wiggins

Wiggins is on his offical visit right now to Fla St. They just showed him vs Flordia. They said he is down to KY and Fla St...When did we get bounced?

Wiggins is on his offical visit right now to Fla St. They just showed him vs Flordia. They said he is down to KY and Fla St...When did we get bounced?

FSU and UK are the heavily vested but we are still included with Ohio State, UNC and Kansas, per ESPN.
Zagsblog doesn't even include us from last Wiggins article. Btw, in order to refrain from vomiting, please ignore the title of the article.
:bang:
Nevertheless, methinks there is the media's agenda behind this circus, as if they have a say in where he goes from all their UK-Lovin'. Still, a while back, he said it himself, he was all ears, and hopefully still is. Wherever he goes, he's going to be amazing for exactly one season.

probably before he said he wanted more schools to recruit him.

I think the better question is when were we recruiting him??? I haven't seen one thing about us visiting him, him visiting us or even a phone call. I think this whole Cuse/Wiggins thing has been something the fans have made up, we have never been a player in this.

I think the better question is when were we recruiting him??? I haven't seen one thing about us visiting him, him visiting us or even a phone call. I think this whole Cuse/Wiggins thing has been something the fans have made up, we have never been a player in this.
Not made up. We offered him. Click here or here, both legit.

Went to the FSU vs Mercer b-ball game (which FSU lost) on Sunday. They looked awful. This is the reigning ACC Champs and a pre-season Top 25 team!! They are now 4-3, losing to South Alabama, Minnesota and Mercer. Now on Weds, with Wiggins visiting, they have to play #5 Florida. If they play on Weds like they played on Sunday, it will be a massacre. I have tickets to the FSU vs North Carolina, dook, NC St and BC games as well. YIKES!!

Maybe he wasn't paying attention to the game . . . .

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...rew-wiggins-stands-more-022616483--ncaab.html

Interesting. Now, if you want Wiggins and they want Wiggins, who do you think is going to get some Wiggins.

A9ZLMpYCAAMT_PF.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-12-05-at-4.43.03-PM.jpg

Interesting. Now, if you want Wiggins and they want Wiggins, who do you think is going to get some Wiggins.

A9ZLMpYCAAMT_PF.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-12-05-at-4.43.03-PM.jpg
I pick the place with the hot chicks. Thanks for girls from Florida.

Not made up. We offered him. Click here or here, both legit.

When is the last time there was a visit... or a phone call... or a text... We have not been recruiting him. Did we offer last year? Sure, but when is the last time we were REALLY recruiting this kid? Show me one article that mentions a cuse call, you probably can't. I can definately show you an article where his coach mentions the schools who have contacted him and Cuse is not on the list.

When is the last time there was a visit... or a phone call... or a text... We have not been recruiting him. Did we offer last year? Sure, but when is the last time we were REALLY recruiting this kid? Show me one article that mentions a cuse call, you probably can't. I can definately show you an article where his coach mentions the schools who have contacted him and Cuse is not on the list.
Yeah, I saw that article too, and your realistic approach to solving this puzzle is probably more accurate than my hopes.
But I can still dare to dream, right? ;)

Obviously this is dated, about 5 months old. But it is not as though people were making up the idea that he had interest in Syracuse. If he was still telling people in July that we were in his top 5, you can bet the staff was keeping in touch, even if they didn't think it was particuarly likely that he would come.

Personally I don't think it was very realistic to think about him coming here with the logjam that we are likely to have at the forward position next season, but he clearly was interested in us enough to list us in his top 5. CJ, Jerami, Rak, Johnson, Roberson. Would Wiggins play certainly; would he definitely beat out a Senior CJ Fair and a Junior Rak....might be a tough row to hoe given JB's propensity to be loyal to his upperclassmen.

Zagsblog - SU in Top 5

In the hypothetical situation of him coming here I think he would have played the off gaurd position. I would also say that if he is as good as everyone says then he would start over anyone we already have.

We have no schollies left and have no forwards leaving for the draft. Let it go, people! It's not happenin!

Went to the FSU vs Mercer b-ball game (which FSU lost) on Sunday. They looked awful. This is the reigning ACC Champs and a pre-season Top 25 team!! They are now 4-3, losing to South Alabama, Minnesota and Mercer. Now on Weds, with Wiggins visiting, they have to play #5 Florida. If they play on Weds like they played on Sunday, it will be a massacre. I have tickets to the FSU vs North Carolina, dook, NC St and BC games as well. YIKES!!
Let me remind you that I told you not to sleep on my alma mater, the mighty Mercer University Bears :) We haven't started quite as well as I was hoping with our PG Langston Hall missing games, but we're not a bad team now.

Not only was the whole sorority unleashed on him but his parents were also honored at the half-time of the game. What.
When you're recruiting against Calipari and especially when it comes to FSU b-ball. You just have to pull all stops to get a talent like that, no matter how desperate and ridiculous it may seem.

Syracuse is dead to him

Posted this in another Wiggins thread:

Andrew Wiggins trims list, sets tentative visit dates

By Jeff Borzello | Recruiting Blogger
February 12, 2013 10:19 am ET
The nation's top-ranked high school basketball player is ready to progress in his recruitment.
After taking an official visit to Florida State in early December, Andrew Wiggins has been relatively quiet in terms of cutting down his list or taking visits. On Tuesday, the Canada native made tentative plans to take three more official visits.
Kentucky (vs Miss St) is tentatively set for Feb. 27, Kansas (no game) for March 3 and North Carolina (vs dook) on March 9.
“It's tentative until parents confirm they can go,” Huntington Prep (W.Va.) coach Rob Fulford told CBSSports.com.
If the tentative dates work out, Wiggins would be attending games against Mississippi State (Kentucky), West Virginia (Kansas) and Duke (North Carolina).
Moreover, Ohio State and Syracuse have been eliminated from Wiggins' list. The four aforementioned schools are all that remain for the No. 1 prospect in the class of 2013.