Andy Katz's Really Early 2012-13 Top 25 | Syracusefan.com

Andy Katz's Really Early 2012-13 Top 25

Without Noel, the 12-15 range is where we'll be. So this is a pretty accurate early guess.

Getting Noel changes everything. Top 5 obviously.

Also not sure about Indiana #1. Rumors are that Watford might leave.

Kentuckey won't dip much at all? I think he's a little crazy on this one (assuming they don't land Muhammed or Noel - and I don't think he's assuming anything).

Kentuckey won't dip much at all? I think he's a little crazy on this one (assuming they don't land Muhammed or Noel - and I don't think he's assuming anything).

Agreed. They may lose their top six guys. That is a lot. I would guess they will be closer to 15.

i think this poll is a joke, should atleast wait a week for all the kids going pro to declare

If you took IU's roster, and put them on, say, Virginia Tech, there's no way they're preseason #1. They will be very good, sure. But people love ranking a blue blood #1. Especially one that has been down for a while.

You gotta love it when a 'rebuilding' year means a top-15 team.

I'm already getting excited for next year.

Yep. If (when) Lamb and Teague leave, who plays point guard for them? No way should they even be Top 15 preseason if that's the case, much less Top 4. That's crazy.

Yep. If (when) Lamb and Teague leave, who plays point guard for them? No way should they even be Top 15 preseason if that's the case, much less Top 4. That's crazy.

Apparently they have some transfer from NC State coming in? I don't think Teague leaves though.

Ryan Harrow

those rankings are a joke right now... lot of unknowns... baylor, unc, kansas ahead of SU?

Wait a minute - where's Georgetown? Didn't our friends on HoyaTalk say Noel would be surrounded with amazing talent?

You gotta love it when a 'rebuilding' year means a top-15 team.

I'm already getting excited for next year.

Not to mention, that is a perfect place to be in the polls--poised for a quick jump into the top 10, but not overrated going in.

I think next year's team [even sans Noel] will be good enough to be top 10 caliber wire-to-wire. Looking forward to seeing what they can do.

This team isn't rebuilding, its reloading. 14 may or may not be where the pollsters put SU come November but that ranking will prove to be way too low. I tend to temper my expectations with this team but I see a top 10 if not top 5 team here, even w/o Noel. The starting lineup will presumably have three question marks who all also happen to be burger boys. Expect Rak and MCW to improve significantly as sophs as is often the case historically at SU. The recent trend of having one of the top subs in the country should continue in Southerland. I'll stop short going further there, but hell the team's so-called question marks or even weaknesses would be considered pluses/strengths for programs at the tail end of the top 25.

First let me say this poll by noted Jim Boeheim and Cuse hater Andy Katz is a asinine

He mentions Uk could still get Nerlens but he fails to mention the other 2 schools in consideration. Andy there are only 3 schools he is considering not 30 you could at least give us the courtesy of mentioning that

Even without Nerlens on our roster now. We should be anywhere between 6 and 10 and i am being realistic. And he puts us 14 i hope my guy MCW and my boy Triche get word of this and Jim Boeheim as well

Asinine Article

If Teague and Lamb leave along with Davis, Jones, and Gilchirst also losing Miller that team isn't even Top 25 unless they get Shabbazz and Noel. They would be losing their top 6 players

last 2 years i was spot on with my overrated teams (mich st and uconn).

my list from this ranking of potential overrated teams:

Louisville for sure
Kansas (he literally ranks them because of bill self. no other reason)
michigan state at 7? holy cow. do they have a monster class that i dont know about? again - only based on tom izzo.
North Carolina
Duke

I am leaving UK off of this list for now. But if they strikeout with oriaki, noel, and shabazz they are not a top 25 team. But i highly doubt they strikeout.

Syracuse is a top 10 team next year with or without Noel. Book it.

If you took IU's roster, and put them on, say, Virginia Tech, there's no way they're preseason #1. They will be very good, sure. But people love ranking a blue blood #1. Especially one that has been down for a while.
have you seen IU's recruiting class over the past few years? we aren't talking about va tech type classes here. crean has them playing with the big boys again.

granted, #1 might be astretch, but i do think they will be a top team

have you seen IU's recruiting class over the past few years? we aren't talking about va tech type classes here. crean has them playing with the big boys again.

granted, #1 might be astretch, but i do think they will be a top team

I agree they will be good. But if the name of that program was not Indiana, they would not be ranked #1.

Kansas #3? They lose their two best players on a team that had no depth this year. Even if their 2 big recruits are good they will not be Taylor & Robinson good as freshmen. I'm amazed that Pitino is able to keep his kids from making stupid decisions to bolt. Is there any doubt that if Siva and Deng played for SU they'd already have announced for the draft?

Triche
MCW
T Burg
Christmas
DC

South
Coney
BMk
Grant

That's a top ten team right there*. Cooley and Southerlans first off the bench is pretty sick.

* Full disclosure I wasn't sold on our 34-3 tea, going into the season.

Triche
MCW
T Burg
Christmas
DC

South
Coney
BMk
Grant

That's a top ten team right there*. Cooley and Southerlans first off the bench is pretty sick.

* Full disclosure I wasn't sold on our 34-3 tea, going into the season.

Todd Burgan?

Imagine if Samardo Samuels and Terrence Jennings weren't idiots and stayed at UL this season

Andy Katz has no love for the Big East. Louisville, Syracuse and Notre Dame. That's it.

Who the hell is T Burg?

Andy Katz has no love for the Big East. Louisville, Syracuse and Notre Dame. That's it.

Who the hell is T Burg?