Announcers for our game have to be Tirico/Dakich right? | Syracusefan.com

Announcers for our game have to be Tirico/Dakich right?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Mike Tirico lives in AA and is obviously a huge SU guy. Dakich has his son on the UM team and does Big Ten games.

I hope we get this duo for our ACC-B1G challenge game for the second year in a row. Since McDonough/Bilas/Raf and Lavinburger are no more MT/DD are my current favorite college basketball announce team.

I enjoy them also. Tirico is the rare ESPN announcer that actually tells me things I don't already know during our games rather than sticking to the usual Syracuse talking points. I like Dakich also.

I enjoy them also. Tirico is the rare ESPN announcer that actually tells me things I don't already know during our games rather than sticking to the usual Syracuse talking points. I like Dakich also.

Help me out here. What are the most common Orange talking points:

"They recruit players who are long just to play the zone."

My brain is just not working today. I need more caffeine. I just remember watching last year's games with the ACC announcers saying all the same dumb talking points. It kind of bothered me that they did not even know our player's names.

The zone, the Dome and attendance records, how long JB has been here. Gosh I'd have to think about other ones also Dave.

It's usually nothing bad and it's good information. It's just information diehard fans like most of us that post here have heard a thousand times. But I'm sure fans of other teams notice the same thing when their teams are on national tv.

Folks wanting to avoid that could opt for Orange All Access instead. When I rewatched the 2nd half of the Holy Cross game on it, I was surprised how different my take was on certain things compared to how it was watching it the first time on ESPN3.

That said, I like Tirico and am considering watching that version now that he was mentioned.

TexanMark said:
I heard a rumor that Jim called Pitino on his honeymoon to hire him? Anyone ever hear anything about that?

A million times. Right from the horses mouth. True indeed.

Help me out here. What are the most common Orange talking points:

"They recruit players who are long just to play the zone."

"Oh man, did Jimmy just crack a smile! He never smiles!"
"<remark about winters in Syracuse>"
(camera pans to GMac) "You may remember Gerry McNamara, he was heroic in the 2006 BET."

You know we've stumbled on a great drinking game here.

Or perhaps Boeheim Bingo.
Free squares for some version of: he never left Syracuse (not literally true but it sounds good), he played in the backcourt with Dave Bing and he's number 2 on the all-time Division 1 wins list.

"The best way to beat the zone is to find that soft spot by the foul line..."

The guy has been coaching Syracuse basketball for blankety blank consecutive years...amazing.

They've beaten that one to death since Clinton first stepped into the oval office.

On the beach in HAWAII. They will say HAWAII about 10 times. Because it makes Jim sound even more weird and ornery.

Uhhhh no one mentioned we never leave the state of NY until January. Of course they will then have to explain how AA is in the state of NY. Well they do get a lot of NY/NJ kids at UMich, so almost a NY State school.

We will see an old picture of Jim in the plaid jacket.

We will see a picture of Jim at the Duke game ripping off his jacket.

The guy has been coaching Syracuse basketball for blankety blank consecutive years...amazing.

They've beaten that one to death since Clinton first stepped into the oval office.

"All at the same school. That's really rare these days."

You see, that's what sets Dickie V apart. I don't believe any of these other jokers ever repeatedly demanded a statue of JB.

Just saw Tirico in the hotel lobby. Was on a 6AM flight after MNF...yeesh...

Just saw Tirico in the hotel lobby. Was on a 6AM flight after MNF...yeesh...

Wow, if MNF ends around midnight, and you have to be at the airport at least 90 minutes early, I can't even imagine how little sleep that translates to.

I get the impression that Tirico follows SU closely enough that he could do the game in his sleep if he needed to.

Last year it was mandatory that Jerami Grant's father/uncle/brother be referenced at least 3x each broadcast.

Wow, if MNF ends around midnight, and you have to be at the airport at least 90 minutes early, I can't even imagine how little sleep that translates to.

It will be tough for him, but he lives in AA, so he'll be in bed, in theory, not long after the final horn. In his jammy jams, I assume.

thumb.aspx