Announcers for the Syracuse-Penn State game | Syracusefan.com

Announcers for the Syracuse-Penn State game

Alsacs

Living Legend
Mike "Holy Cow I am an ACC basketball homer" Patrick and Ed Cunningham.
I was hoping for Sean McDonough and Chris Spielman but we are stuck with Patrick for three plus hours.

Mike "Holy Cow I am an ACC basketball homer" Patrick and Ed Cunningham.
I was hoping for Sean McDonough and Chris Spielman but we are stuck with Patrick for three plus hours.
Looks like it's on mute for me.

I guess you have no choice but to come to the game! ;)
I am going but I DVR the game and judge the importance of games based on the announcers. We aren't getting the "C" or "D" announcers for our games like we have had on national TV like the Louisville game last year on ABC, but we getting "B" team under McDonough and Spielman in Patrick and Cunningham.

Ed Cunningham is a decent color announcer, but Mike Patrick is one of my least favorite announcers because of his ACC basketball calls which are hard to listen to sometimes.

I am going but I DVR the game and judge the importance of games based on the announcers. We aren't getting the "C" or "D" announcers for our games like we have had on national TV like the Louisville game last year on ABC, but we getting "B" team under McDonough and Spielman in Patrick and Cunningham.

Ed Cunningham is a decent color announcer, but Mike Patrick is one of my least favorite announcers because of his ACC basketball calls which are hard to listen to sometimes.

He's the Slim Whitman of play by play.

"I'll be calling yooooooooooooooooou"

Beats the announcers we had for last years opener...
Last year we had Beth Mowens(who is an SU grad and isn't like Pam Ward who stunk. Mowens is a good announcer" and Joey Galloway who was the only media talking head in the country to pick Syracuse to win the Big East and he turned out to be right.

Satellite Radio: Sirius 117/XM 202

Not sure on who is calling the game for S/XM.

Doesn't Sirius XM just pick up local feeds? So I'm assuming it's either gonna be the Cuse feed or the PSU feed.

Honestly...one of the ONLY reasons i didn't want to go to the ACC was Mike Patrick. He annoys me more than Dick Vitale and i didnt think that was possible. Im so glad im going to be at the game..but when i come home and watch it many times on DVR as i always do...ill have to watch it on mute. I wish you could DVR the radio broadcast haha.

Doesn't Sirius XM just pick up local feeds? So I'm assuming it's either gonna be the Cuse feed or the PSU feed.
We are the 'Home' team, and channel 117 is listed under the Home feed, so I assume they are picking up the Syracuse feed.

But Syracuse is now ACC. I guess that means Patrick will be openly rooting for us. Coupled with the fact that we are the perceived underdog, Patrick will have an aneurysm everytime SU does something well.

Anyone know who is doing the game and where on Sirius Radio?

My experience with the satellite radio is that you'll hear the same radio crew that does the games for the SU sports network. I think Matt Park and Coach Mac are the announcers. Channel 117 on Sirius.

On a semi related note one of the few things that made me smile during the GRob years was hearing a suicidal sounding Dave Sims stuck broadcasting all those awful Noon games on the Big East network.

My experience with the satellite radio is that you'll hear the same radio crew that does the games for the SU sports network. I think Matt Park and Coach Mac are the announcers. Channel 117 on Sirius.

Park and Gedney.