Another dumb OT thread: prettiest country you've visited... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Another dumb OT thread: prettiest country you've visited...

some of the places some of u picked are pretty, but limited.

A drive in the Nottheast that is very much worthwhile--the Kankamagus Highway through the White Mountains in New Hampshire.

A lot of natural landscapes mentioned.

DUBAI- As for a modern man-made city & landscape, my vote is Dubai, UAE. I recently went for two weeks...incredible. World's tallest building, 7 star sailboat shaped hotel, enormous palm shaped islands littered with 5 star hotels. World's 3rd largest indoor ski slope...all in the middle of the desert. Anyone else been?
Yes, I lived / worked there for several years in the 90's...the place is a man made architectural nightmare! Like many of us landscape architects, architects, planners we flocked to Dubai to get paid $ on projects that weren't around in the US. I won't say which one I worked on...but it's in your post above.

Reactions: cto
I'm with you on New Hampshire, Vermont, and upstate NY.

You've got to go downeast in Maine...north of Portland...the coast up around Boothbay/Camden and further north. A lot of people go to Maine and they hit the heavily touristy areas south of Portland. It's convenient. Not bad, but not the best of Maine. Some great islands off the coast...like Vinalhaven.

I have actually been there, my sister lived up there for a few years. I didn't really care that much for it, although it was more rugged, it isn't what I would term beautiful. But then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I recently returned from a trip to eight Baltic countries... and I totally (and unexpectedly) fell in love with Norway. The mountains, the fjords, the waterfalls, the pastoral panoramas, the quaint rural villages...were just amazing. I've been to many "exotic" places, and more than 40 countries, but Norway was such an unexpected treat.

Just curious as to what other neat places (that you have loved) that I may have missed -- and would like to visit.
Overall, Switzerland is beautiful throughout.