Another excellent no call | Syracusefan.com

Another excellent no call

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder

Clearly no advantage gained - they get there at the same time but the Dukie had to go immediately into the acting phase.

How much time do Duke players spend on their acting lessons?

Clearly no advantage gained - they get there at the same time but the Dukie had to go immediately into the acting phase.

I was just thinking this exact thing!!!!! Instead of having fake classes like they have at UNC all the Duke players are taking drama classes. And they are getting good grades too! What a bunch of drama queens.

Jones may want to consider weight training.

LOL!!!

Those Trenton New Jersey boys are tough! Malachi crushed that dude.

That was a foul on Richardson. We've had more than our fair share of garbage calls or no-calls in crunch time that could easily have costed us a win like the one in the same gym two years ago. Lets not be hypocrites when we benefit from one.

not sure i see one player have more control than the other.. pretty much arrived at the ball at the same time.

not sure i see one player have more control than the other.. pretty much arrived at the ball at the same time.
You know, the more I look at the replay,you're right. At actual time I felt like the Dookie guy had the ball in his grasp when he got nailed. I will tell you I held my breath for like 10 seconds at the end when we made contact at their desperation heave last play of the game.

That was a foul on Richardson. We've had more than our fair share of garbage calls or no-calls in crunch time that could easily have costed us a win like the one in the same gym two years ago. Lets not be hypocrites when we benefit from one.
You know, the more I look at the replay,you're right. At actual time I felt like the Dookie guy had the ball in his grasp when he got nailed. I will tell you I held my breath for like 10 seconds at the end when we made contact at their desperation heave last play of the game.

Glad you came around on this one.

Why does he throw his arms like that?

I have to say though, I remember Paul Harris doing that, a lot. It was so annoying and almost never worked. That's the lesson I guess.

K should just make this their logo and be done with it.
download.png

Normally I'd agree. I feel like Zapruder here, but Richardson came in from the left. Dukie's arms when flying UP instead of carrying Richardson's momentum. Maybe it wasn't acting - it might have been just subconscious body language, as in how dare anyone just take my ball away?!

Bottom line, had Dukie not acted surprised or tried to sell a foul, the impact of the collision would not have garnered any special attention. He did not have clean possession. If the shoe was on the other foot, we'd be looking for ways to spin it as a foul, too... but for once, we were aggressive and got rewarded.

Dcuse said:

No way. Got there at the same time, ball just bounced towards Richardson after the contact.

EDIT: just read the rest of the thread, disregard.

There's another thread going that includes an article showing the sequence essentially frame by frame. Jones got there just a fraction of a second before Mal, and had his hands on the sides of the ball. Mal came in with one hand and knocked the ball down. I guess that gives us sort of a reason why Jones' hands were coming up, but nothing close to as far as he shot them in the air. I still don't think there was a foul at all.

Seems that a double-foul (which I hate) and possession arrow should have been the fair call.

Or a foul on Plumlee, who was obviously trying to hit Roberson rather than control the rebound.

Seems that a double-foul (which I hate) and possession arrow should have been the fair call.

Or a foul on Plumlee, who was obviously trying to hit Roberson rather than control the rebound.
I agree with giving Plumlee the foul since he pushes Roberson down and he wasn't whistled for a travel ONCE (I don't think).

On the play where Roberson landed on Plumlee in the lane and almost got hurt, they showed the replay and the reason Plumlee was on the ground was because he took a total dive with no contact whatsoever to try to draw a charge. Roberson could have gotten seriously injured by landing on a player lying on the ground, but nothing was said about the flop by Plumlee. There should be a technical for a flop that blatant.

I agree with the OP, there's no call there. It's a loose ball, and neither player had established possession when the contact occurred. Moreover, both were playing the ball and both initiated some of the contact. Players need to understand that if you're prepared to lay out for the ball, someone else probably is also. In fact, the FIBA rule book openly states that when there's a loose ball and both players have equal opportunity, there may be contact and it may even be severe, but it doesn't necessarily constitute disadvantage, or a foul.

Is this the play where Jones got "bit"? In reality him throwing up his arms hit Cooney in the kisser?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom