Another reason why I love this this team... | Syracusefan.com

Another reason why I love this this team...

cto

Administrator
Nick Resavy (former walk-on and current grad assistant) has been Baye Moussa Keita's best friend (and mentor for all things USA and SU) for four years. Also, Baye's darling girl friend Alma is from Eastern Europe (I think Croatia, but I'm not sure).

Anyhow, last Wednesday, Baye's parents arrived in Syracuse from Senegal, and were staying at the home of Alma's parents. Baye calls Nick... and says you have to come here (to home of Alma's parents) to meet my parents. So Nick drives to Alma's home. Meanwhile, Baye goes off with Alma to get a haircut, leaving at home... Baye's parents and Alma's mother ---none of whom speaks English.

So here is English-speaking Nick, with Senegal dialect-speaking Mr. and Mrs. Keita, and Croatian (?) -speaking mother of Alma. Somehow, they managed to communicate... and Nick took them all to the Mall where Baye's parents bought presents for their daughters back in Senegal, and where they all had a great time. Nick said it was one of the best, most fun, afternoons of his life.

Last edited:
6.jpg

Nick Resavy (former walk-on and current grad assistant) has been Baye Moussa Keita's best friend (and mentor for all things USA and SU) for four years. Also, Baye's darling girl friend Alma is from Eastern Europe (I think Croatia, but I'm not sure).

Anyhow, last Wednesday, Baye's parents arrived in Syracuse from Senegal, and were staying at the home of Alma's parents. Baye calls Nick... and says you have to come here (to home of Alma's parents) to meet my parents. So Nick drives to Alma's home. Meanwhile, Baye goes off with Alma to get a haircut, leaving at home... Baye's parents and Alma's mother ---none of whom speaks English.

So here is English-speaking Nick, with Senegal dialect-speaking Mr. and Mrs. Keita, and Croatian (?) -speaking mother of Alma. Somehow, they managed to communicate... and Nick took them all to the Mall where Baye's parents bought presents for their daughters back in Senegal, and where they all had a great time. Nick said it was one of the best, most fun, afternoons of his life.
Hope Baye's parents didn't have to take a taxi from NYC to get Alma's house. Can you shed any light on if Baye is going to play proball anywhere, stay in the US or go home. Granted what ever pro league he plays in is low level but it might still be a better paycheck than otherwise.

Hope Baye's parents didn't have to take a taxi from NYC to get Alma's house. Can you shed any light on if Baye is going to play proball anywhere, stay in the US or go home. Granted what ever pro league he plays in is low level but it might still be a better paycheck than otherwise.
Pro basketball? You're joking here right.

It's not out of the question that he could pick up work overseas. Athletic 6'10" shot blocker type - there's a role for him. Obviously, not the NBA, but I could see him fitting in somewhere in Europe.

Baye says he is checking out some pro league possibilities because it's something he may like to do for a few years. Longer term, he plans to return to Senegal where he hopes to become active in the pre-college education field. He is very grateful for the opportunity given to him, and he wants, as they say, "to pay it forward."

EastCoast2 said:

Why would he be joking?

The poster made it clear it would be at a lower level. Have you ever looked at some of the players playing in Europe or other places overseas? These are not all stars by any measure.

Did we watch the same Baye Keita play for four years.
Yes but only one person is showing their ignorance. There are 416 professional basketball leagues in 271 countries around the world. Very few of which are likely superior to Division 1 NCAA basketball in which Baye was a solid contributor. I think he might be able get paid to play somewhere.

Gosh almighty. I post what I think is a cute SU "human-interest" story in the slow off-season... and someone tries to turn it into yet another thread bashing an SU player. Please lighten up, pal. You'll feel a lot better.
Certainly not bashing Baye. If you'd like to see what that looks like, I can provide some real analysis on his basketball skill set. One poster asked if he would play serious professional basketball and I found that humorous. Is it against the rules to say that one of our players isn't great at basketball? I witnessed the Cooney witch trials this season but is Baye off limits also?

Certainly not bashing Baye. If you'd like to see what that looks like, I can provide some real analysis on his basketball skill set. One poster asked if he would play serious professional basketball and I found that humorous. Is it against the rules to say that one of our players isn't great at basketball? I witnessed the Cooney witch trials this season but is Baye off limits also?

Read the room bro.

Anything that is not deleted is obviously not "off limits." I just found it sad that what started as a light-hearted thread about a cute off-the-court story, suddenly turned into criticism of a player's on-the-court shortcomings.

The poster to whom you refer said, "Granted what ever pro league he plays in is low level but it might still be a better paycheck than otherwise."
How you could go off on that remark is really a sad commentary on your judgment.

The poster to whom you refer said, "Granted what ever pro league he plays in is low level but it might still be a better paycheck than otherwise."
How you could go off on that remark is really a sad commentary on your judgment.
Is it really sad though? I'm not sure what people are trying to argue here. I'm implying that Baye is not good at basketball and that's about it.

Anything that is not deleted is obviously not "off limits." I just found it sad that what started as a light-hearted thread about a cute off-the-court story, suddenly turned into criticism of a player's on-the-court shortcomings.
I find it sad that he left Syracuse a worse basketball player than when he arrived, although maybe not 100% his fault

Wow. That is all I have to say. AND also really nice story about Resavy