Another Rocky Night in the Top 25 | Syracusefan.com

Another Rocky Night in the Top 25

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
#4 Auburn, #5 Butler, #10 Kentucky, #16 Wichita State, #25 Creighton all went down.

Only #2 Baylor, #18 Seton Hall (over #5 Butler) and #9 Florida State won.

I don't think seeds 14-16 have any chance at all. People are totally overstating that any team can win.

In prior years there has been a divide somewhere after 8-12 teams This year it is just deeper, or alternatively the top seeds is just weaker... I think 4-6 seeds are really no weaker than prior years, and will have a much stronger chance to win than normal.

I don't think seeds 14-16 have any chance at all. People are totally overstating that any team can win.

In prior years there has been a divide somewhere after 8-12 teams This year it is just deeper, or alternatively the top seeds is just weaker... I think 4-6 seeds are really no weaker than prior years, and will have a much stronger chance to win than normal.
This.

the top teams are losing in conference. Other than Duke losing to Stephen F Austin, the “low majors” haven’t done too much

UConn too

I sort of view the American conference as too good but to be a mid major. They are closer to major than mid-major, as they are regularly getting 3-4 tourney seeds a year. (there is no clear definition of major vs mid-major -- it's not just the P5 as certainly the Big East is currently a major -- I think the American is the #7 major, the weakest by far but still enough of a gap between them and most others).

That being said, I still like to call UConn a mid major.

Evansville over Kentucky?

But Kentucky is nowhere near an elite team this year. They are a #5 seed in the matrix, and #24 in KenPom.

Put a typical #5/#6 seed in that game, and losses will happen. It is not a new phenomenon. The weakness in the blue bloods are making the top few seed lines weaker, but I am not sure if it really stretches much beyond that.

There's some really good teams out there. It just isn't UNC and UK and there's no Zion this year.

People aren't used to seeing the Baylor's, San Diego States, WVU's, Butlers, and Seton Halls being the best teams.

I'll take this year over last year watching ESPN suck Dukes you know what...

There's some really good teams out there. It just isn't UNC and UK and there's no Zion this year.

People aren't used to seeing the Baylor's, San Diego States, WVU's, Butlers, and Seton Halls being the best teams.

I'll take this year over last year watching ESPN suck Dukes you know what...

I mean, if you remove the whole ESPN component from it, watching Zion was a treat. One Zion game had more highlights than the entire ACC highlight reel this season could pull together! :)

I can't disagree on ESPN going overboard though. It was beyond painful. Still, kid was something special if you could get past that.

Hate to bring this name up, but Butler was awfully close in 2010 (they were Horizon League at the time)

Almost won it from half court. That's all I care to remember about that Butler run

Dayton down 11 right now on ESPN2
Edit. Now Dayton up 3 in only 5 minutes of clock time.

Last edited:

Going out on a limb there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom