Class of 2015 - Any Chance for Bringing on any UAB Players? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Any Chance for Bringing on any UAB Players?

Janner

Starter
Im sure almost everyone is now aware of the soon to be closure of the UAB football program (there was athread on the Football board about this). The team was 6-6 this year and may be headed to a bowl. There are obvious some players who could step right in and contribute in a very meaningful way and the NCAA usually grants waivers for transfers in these situations to be able to play right away. For those "in the know" has anyone heard if the recruitment of players from UAB might be an option?

I think there are more than a few guys on that team that can help us, Ane I absolutely think we should vulture that program.

B338HOFIIAEzGpr.jpg:large

Very sad situation for the program, but I think we could use some seasoned players who can come in and contribute right away. Could be a win-win in finding some of these kids a new home and improving the team at the same time. This would be a better option, IMO, than going the JUCO route as far as filling gaps. I really really hope the coaches are willing to make some calls. Averaging 33 pts a game, hell id be willing to take a flyer on their OC too if it ment bringing in some of their better players ;)

Their RB looks pretty legit. Wonder if they have any veteran talent on their OL with a year or two left. Would be nice to add another player capable of starting with experience.

Vincent Hunter would be quite a coup.

Last edited:
Im sure almost everyone is now aware of the soon to be closure of the UAB football program (there was athread on the Football board about this). The team was 6-6 this year and may be headed to a bowl. There are obvious some players who could step right in and contribute in a very meaningful way and the NCAA usually grants waivers for transfers in these situations to be able to play right away. For those "in the know" has anyone heard if the recruitment of players from UAB might be an option?
How many UAB players would gain admission to SU?

How many UAB players would gain admission to SU?
They are fine academically. Their medical school is top tier. Dr James Andrews is on their faculty and is pretty well known.

They are fine academically. Their medical school is top tier. Dr James Andrews is on their faculty and is pretty well known.
Which of course has minimal relevance to their student athletes academics.

Can transfer to another school and not count against the scholly limits?

A vast majority of the UAB players were 2 star recruits, and their collegiate performance has to be judged against the quality of competition playing C-USA foes. I honestly doubt there are more than a couple who could make a meaningful contribution to the SU program.

A vast majority of the UAB players were 2 star recruits, and their collegiate performance has to be judged against the quality of competition playing C-USA foes. I honestly doubt there are more than a couple who could make a meaningful contribution to the SU program.
Go to the UAB website , roster , and read Vincent Hunter's bio. Please.

Last edited:
They would have given us all that we could handle this year

T.J. McCollum would be another great transfer prospect.

Go to the UAB website , roster , and read Vincent Hunter's bio. Please.
Vincent looks solid and would address a position of need, but as I said, I don't see more than a couple of UAB players who would represent an upgrade over our current players and verbals.

They would have given us all that we could handle this year

You mean they probably could have beaten us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom