Any chance Pitt withdraw from Peach Bowl due to Covid 19 outbreak and we are replacement? | Syracusefan.com

Any chance Pitt withdraw from Peach Bowl due to Covid 19 outbreak and we are replacement?

0F7ACFF3-D44E-40D9-89A7-111BD42AD4BF.gif

Pitt has no quarterback anyway. We are better than Pitt without Kenny Pickett.
Any team that comes in as a last-minute replacement and has a good player injured will get the wrath of hell from fans/media for greed over the appropriate practice time.

If this were basketball and a team or two go dowin prior to March Madness, I love coming from the dead of the NIT draw to mess with the nation’s head. But not football.

Walker isn't playing for MSU.

I think the guys on our team would love a shot at someone like this.

I would have absolutely zero interest in a Syracuse filling in game at this point. Season is done, new coaches coming in, team has not practiced. This proposed scenario has crash and burn written all over it. No thanks.

I would have absolutely zero interest in a Syracuse filling in game at this point. Season is done, new coaches coming in, team has not practiced. This proposed scenario has crash and burn written all over it. No thanks.

What if we played well and won?

Tucker goes off and gets 1st Team AA for next season and starts the year with short odds for Heisman.

I bet we play better than we did against Ville/NC State/Pitt.

I'm holding out to replace Cincinnati.

Is Pitt having problems, or are you just speculating?
Panthers shared the same practice complex with Steelers. Since there are many Steelers getting Covid 19 and cannot play this Sunday, I assume some Pitt players can also easily get Covid 19.

Personally, I've closed the book on last season, and am looking ahead optimistically to next year, when we could have a functional offense coupled with another solid defense and improved ST play.
I can't think of any compelling reason to back into a bowl game at this point (but lots of negative ones).

As much as I’d like another game and for Tuck and company to play in a bowl, after the Louisville blowout following the bye I fear we would get humiliated after so much time off. Let’s just enjoy these bowls.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

This team did not earn a trip to the Gator, Peach, etc. If you want a participation awards, go root for Rutgers where they are rewarding there program after a 5-7 season.
Absolutely no way we should put our players at risk in a meaningless bowl game. The safety of the players should be the most important thing.

Schiano disagrees. Which is why, amongst other reasons, that he is a douchenozzle
The players were still on campus as finals just ended yesterday. You can have academic calendars like that at local commuter schools.

Nope. SU didnt earned a bowl game. I wouldnt have wanted SU to accept the Gator Bowl if offered,
If we received an offer from a pre Christmas Bowl...due to APR considerations I would have gladly supported it. I think we would have beat most of these opponents. A few of them I would want no part of...

If we received an offer from a pre Christmas Bowl...due to APR considerations I would have gladly supported it. I think we would have beat most of these opponents. A few of them I would want no part of...
Well thats different. Im talking Gator Bowl. I hold high regards for that bowl.

The players were still on campus as finals just ended yesterday. You can have academic calendars like that at local commuter schools.

Finals ended yesterday but they started last week. I’m sure they left as they each finished just like SU. SU campus was 1/2 empty after a couple days of finals. Some don’t even have a final just a final project or something not needing to go to a classroom.

Finals ended yesterday but they started last week. I’m sure they left as they each finished just like SU. SU campus was 1/2 empty after a couple days of finals. Some don’t even have a final just a final project or something not needing to go to a classroom.
Most of our guys left last week. Have to think the same with Rutgers. That has to be weird for kids to be home for Christmas, and then find out that they have no Christmas... For a bowl they didn't earn, but will make others $$.

I wonder how many Rutgers players don't show? They don't let them go home for Christmas, to make sure everyone is there. That will be interesting. I presume all the upperclassmen will be there.

If somehow it was us? Could we sport a team with 20 in the portal?