Any DC hotel recommendations | Syracusefan.com

Any DC hotel recommendations

Obie9

Co-Winner 2017 2nd Chance Challenge
Will pay up to $250 a night. Not familiar with the area. I've been told the metro will likely shut down before the games end, so would have to taxi back to the hotel if not in walking distance. Have car, but unsure of event parking in the area. Would like to be with other fans. Any recommendations. Thanks.

I booked a room at the renaissance. It was close to the arena, and had pretty good reviews. Room was 200 for Saturday night. I can't make it down for Thursday, so it's a reservation designed to be cancelled if worst comes to worst, or changed to another hotel if I hear the place is a hole.

I booked a room at the renaissance. It was close to the arena, and had pretty good reviews. Room was 200 for Saturday night. I can't make it down for Thursday, so it's a reservation designed to be cancelled if worst comes to worst, or changed to another hotel if I hear the place is a hole.

Mayflower Renaissance? Sold out. Believe it is the team hotel.

Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown. Just a few blocks from the arena.

stayed at the fiarfield in at 500H street? for the G'town game a few weeks ago.
Located next to the Irish Channel? decent sports/irish bar.
Clean hotel, free breakfast about $175 a night.
Short walk to the verizon center.

When I have friends that come to town the Donovan is a popular spot.

stayed at the fiarfield in at 500H street? for the G'town game a few weeks ago.
Located next to the Irish Channel? decent sports/irish bar.
Clean hotel, free breakfast about $175 a night.
Short walk to the verizon center.

Thanks for the suggestion. Prices much higher now. Quoting $319 a night, which is not much less then the Mayflower.

If you'll give him a foot massage, Bayside will let you sleep at his house.

Grand hyatt was nice, 3 blocks from verizon center. Only issue is construction during the day

If you'll give him a foot massage, Bayside will let you sleep at his house.

All right. The feet only!!!!! Nothing else.

Grand hyatt was nice, 3 blocks from verizon center. Only issue is construction during the day

Beautiful hotel. Sold out. Are others having lodging issues, or just me?

My boss is a Miami fan and he's booked at the Sheraton in Arlington. I want to say it was $180/night.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

So we are going with the Key Bridge Marriott. Stayed there a few years ago for a Georgetown game. It was the team hotel at that time and fairly nice. Located across the street from Georgetown University. Will walk over and have lunch/dinner at the Tombs wearing our Syracuse gear and our new Florida Gulf Coast Shirts. If anyone else is looking, $125 a night, with $20 parking. Close to metro. Give a shout if staying here, can talk college hoops over a few drinks. Go SU!!!!

Me a dottering old fart? Weren't you the one who wore white linen pants, a green jacket and hush puppies to Mason's wedding?

I clearly looked good. OrangeinDC still consults for style.

So we are going with the Key Bridge Marriott. Stayed there a few years ago for a Georgetown game. It was the team hotel at that time and fairly nice. Located across the street from Georgetown University. Will walk over and have lunch/dinner at the Tombs wearing our Syracuse gear and our new Florida Gulf Coast Shirts. If anyone else is looking, $125 a night, with $20 parking. Close to metro. Give a shout if staying here, can talk college hoops over a few drinks. Go SU!!!!
Good choice. Have stayed there a few times.

Those getting desperate can also look in downtown silver spring which is on the red line like the verizon center (I know it won't help after midnight, but you may find something for $150 which would offset cab ride back). Several hotels near intersection of georgia ave and colesville road there

Good choice. Have stayed there a few times.

Thanks, sounds weird, but was concerned because the cost was so much lower then other hotels in the area. We were hoping to stay near other SU or even Miami/Marquette/Indiana fans. Stayed at the Oklahoma team hotel in Albany. Was one of the best times we have had at an NCAA event. Their band and cheerleaders performed in the lobby before the team loaded the bus before each game and during the off day for a pep rally. Hotel was decked out in Oklahoma colors/banners etc., and we were heckled & booed (good-natured) each time we walked through the lobby. I know JB is not a fan of this stuff, but it really adds to the weekend experience for the fans who come to support the team.

CTO, Maybe we will finally meet this weekend.:)

Don't know current prices or availability, but for a downtown hotel, I used to like to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn on 14th Street between H an I. convenient to Metro and Verizon Center is walkable from there.

Out of DC proper, I also used to stay in Rosslyn. There's a Holiday Inn there that was decent, and a few others in the area, and there's a Metro stop nearby.
The last couple years I was doing work in DC, I often ended up staying in Crystal City - there are a number of hotel choices there, one of the more reasonable ones being the Hampton Inn. Again, all of these are within a block or two of a Metro station, plus there are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area.

I'm sorry guys I'm new around here, are we not allowed to post links? I'm only asking because I posted a link in here for Hotels in DC and I also posted a Free Poster Design that people can download and both were removed almost immediately: Anyhow here is the direct link it's the best link I found for DC hotels, you can sort by community. If this is not allowed I'm very sorry I've never just had posts removed due to containing a link so I'm confused.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/washingtondc/35_indacc.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom