Anyone else exhausted?!?! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else exhausted?!?!

My wife and I used to have season tix and she followed pretty closely. She’s been so disengaged from the team for awhile and CFB with the portal and NIL. For two days I’ve been trying to explain how insane all of this is. I’m in now way doing it justice. Words just can’t describe what we true fans on this board are going through. When I say true fans on this board, I mean we fans on this board are the true fans that no matter how bad things have been for 20+ years we keep watching every game and hoping. We’re being rewarded for that now.
My wife got irritated a few times when she saw something new and asked me why I didn’t tell her! I’m like, I’m trying honey.. it’s a lot!

What I would do for one more CaliCuse hype post or Orangeeyes digging into the depth of bowels of the dark web to find another Cuse article about this chaos.

Thank you to those keeping information flowing and entertaining for those out of towners especially CuseLegacy and OrangeXtreme

They’re both in their absolutely glory right now.

I can’t keep up. It’s chaos. Just when I think I’m caught up…..boom. Four more offers, portal guys…more threads...

I feel like the entire state of New Jersey is coming to Syracuse this weekend….most via College Station…

And there really isn’t an end in sight.

Are we sure there aren’t two Fran Browns?!?! Dude is everywhere….does he sleep? Eat?

I means it’s a “good” chaos, but holy sheet.

And say a prayer for Cuselegacy….i don’t want her job…
90 Day Fiance Madness GIF by TLC

It is so great to be relevant again.

Just to be in the conversation for some top recruits feels amazing.

We have a chance to land some great players and the biggest limitation we have is available NIL money.

If you want to make a difference, an immediate difference, consider donating to a Syracuse NIL fund now.

Give these coaches a level playing field and they will get the results we all want so badly.
Nil going to be a problem I fear.

Nil going to be a problem I fear.
if the strategy is to buy a pile of 5 and 4 star players, yep. But I don’t think that’s what’s going on here.

It's a few days and, Fran is pulling this off but It's going to be really hard for him to land these kids as he doesn't even have a staff yet. Just the fact he is getting these visits is huge.
I cant imagine what he's going to accomplish after a full year. Pide Pipper

I can’t keep up. It’s chaos. Just when I think I’m caught up…..boom. Four more offers, portal guys…more threads...

I feel like the entire state of New Jersey is coming to Syracuse this weekend….most via College Station…

Are we sure there aren’t two Fran Browns?!?! Dude is everywhere….does he sleep? Eat?

Energy is being breathed back into the program.

In the past 5 years I’ve taken a company on the verge of bankruptcy and another out of a 363 sale, turned them around and flipped them for 10x the invested capital. Neither was a small company (5,326 jobs saved).

When I arrive, one of the key points of my opening town hall is to tell people.. “what you’ve been through is very difficult. Change is also difficult. No marathoner wakes up and says I want to be a marathoner and then immediately runs 23miles. For the immediate future, I need you to embrace the work we are going to do. When you run low on energy, come see me and I’ll let you borrow some.”

When you’re living your passion, internal clocks are tightly wound and sleeping 7 hours a night is rarely possible. Eating is for sustenance, not pleasure. The passion is felt and doesn’t need to be communicated. Leadership by example is more effective when it comes to changing cultures.

We appreciate all your hard work! Can I buy you a bourbon in Boca Rotan in 2 weeks?
corpjet, thanks for the kudos!

No on the bourbon but you can buy me a double Tanqueray Gin and Tonic, "Summer in a Glass",as long as the rim is rubbed with line and there is enough lime in the drink with all that beautiful ice.

Last edited:
We appreciate all your hard work! Can I buy you a bourbon in Boca Rotan in 2 weeks?
corpjet: By any chance do you fly one?

I had my pilots license and soloed in prep school not far from the school Blair Academy in Northern NJ, grass field in a yellow J3 Cub with a carrier pilot with about 5000 hours teaching me in the back seat.

Not sure if this is anywhere else but this guy is recapping it all on X. Let him do the work. It is impossible to keep up with. Almost better to just let the dust settle. But Brown knows how important the first couple weeks are and he is making a good impression.

Take a breath!
* How many open spots do we have for “24”? I don’t know.
* When the “new coach hype lessens” many recruits will opt for a top 20 team.
* I remain optomistic that we will catch a few good recruits.

I have a monitor for my work set up just for syracusefan.com right now :cool:
That's funny cause I have one of three monitors set up just for work..I need the other two for Syracusefan and recruiting.

In the past 5 years I’ve taken a company on the verge of bankruptcy and another out of a 363 sale, turned them around and flipped them for 10x the invested capital. Neither was a small company (5,326 jobs saved).

When I arrive, one of the key points of my opening town hall is to tell people.. “what you’ve been through is very difficult. Change is also difficult. No marathoner wakes up and says I want to be a marathoner and then immediately runs 23miles. For the immediate future, I need you to embrace the work we are going to do. When you run low on energy, come see me and I’ll let you borrow some.”

When you’re living your passion, internal clocks are tightly wound and sleeping 7 hours a night is rarely possible. Eating is for sustenance, not pleasure. The passion is felt and doesn’t need to be communicated. Leadership by example is more effective when it comes to changing cultures.
Just READING about your town hall made me tired. Don't know how you do it. Although, I drove home for every home game during the GRob years from Boston when I lived there.. so I know what hard work is all about.

I must agree Jake. I do all the evaluations for each offer. It took me a long time to catch up to Legacy yesterday.

But it sure is great! :)
Awesome work Bill!! Thanks for all your hard work keeping us up to date.

Have you visited the OrangeUnitedNIL page?