Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion…. | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion….

With the way head injuries are dealt with today, I highly doubt he plays. That makes the most sense because it basically gives him a solid 3 weeks off before the USF game. Hopefully Erv and Ish are ready to rock and we roll to 4-1.

Official injury designations don't get released until Thursday.

No news is simply no news.

I have to admit my first thought was trying to decipher the psychology in use by Shafer. Did he want LSU to think Dungey was probably out so they'd prepare for Wilson & Mahoney? Or did he want to make sure LSU had to prepare for Dungey as well? In the end, I think it's unlikely we see Eric on Saturday other than on the sideline cheering his team on. If he's my son, I want to give him some time to heal.

Well, looking back at things we were ~16.6 point underdogs at Clemson last year and held tough for most of the game.

Just FWIW...

I expect a Saturday filled with pulled stops, whimsy, mayhem, and surprise.

Look for a starting line up featuring Barry Baker the Touchdown Maker getting extensive time at RB, Chad Elliot at QB, and a whiz-bang linebacking corps of Idris Price and Jermaine Pierce to flummox the LSU offense.

I'd actually expect all of the above more than I would a Dungey start. I agree it's best to hold him out as a precaution. He's too valuable to risk for longer than a game or two. I do wonder if the game plan has had to be re-worked in terms of some held back wrinkles or special plays that could've been done with him at QB.

Not a conference game. Nothing had to be released.
Which makes it curious why Shafer would say anything. Was he just playing head-games with LSU?

I'm sure Shaf will say it's day to day. Why let out any info if you don't have to.

Which makes it curious why Shafer would say anything. Was he just playing head-games with LSU?

Are you serious. Tons of people lambasted him for not saying anything after the game. Now after a couple days he sort of gives some info and he should have said nothing?

SMH

Not directed right at you shen but just saying. I mean damned if he does or doesn't apparently.

i think in the post game, shafer did say something like dont ask because we dont want to give the opponent any heads up regardless. im not 100% sure my memory is accurate but i thought it was in regards to the first question as to whether eric was concussed.

Are you serious. Tons of people lambasted him for not saying anything after the game. Now after a couple days he sort of gives some info and he should have said nothing?

SMH

Not directed right at you shen but just saying. I mean damned if he does or doesn't apparently.
Actually, I'm not damning him either way. I'm fine with whatever he does or says. I just like the part of the game where coaches are careful with what they say and some things mean more, or something different, than what it appears on its face. Shafer's comments are part of the pre-game where we want LSU to be unprepared for some things we want to do. I didn't mean to convey criticism.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 16s17 seconds ago
Shafer said the staff is taking it day by day with Eric Dungey. Said he'll take "very few, if any" snaps this week.

LSU is not a throwing team, they will just run it 100 times. I think the only chance we have is to Shadow that beast of a RB they have with 2 guys, load the box with 8 and blitz 80percent of the time. If we have zero expectations to win this game, there is no reason we shouldn't just go all out at them on D every play

Shafer isn't throwing a smoke screen by saying Dungey is getting little to no reps. The kid just wont be ready to go and the game will be a show on offense. Hopefully we will be ready to roll after the bye and make a run at 8+ wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom