Anyone else planning on going to DC for Georgetown? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else planning on going to DC for Georgetown?

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
I'm considering it. I've never been to DC for a game before (although I have been to DC dozens of times for work at my previous gig).

• Does Cuse tend to have any time of local presence there?
  • Any type of University-sponsored events? Do folks from this board tend to have any type of pre-game meet up?

• Does the University have a dedicated section for visiting fans?
  • Is there a way to buy tickets that gets you in there?

Was thinking about it but will be in DC the weekend before it and don’t really want to make the trek twice.

You'll never have problems getting tickets at Georgetown.

I'm considering it. I've never been to DC for a game before (although I have been to DC dozens of times for work at my previous gig).

• Any type of University-sponsored events? Do folks from this board tend to have any type of pre-game meet up?

I've been to almost every SU/G'town game in DC in the past 15-20 years. We usually have about 1/3 of the fans in the arena, so there is no designated SU section.

I personally HATE sitting in the upper deck of Capital One Arena (former Verizon Center). It feels like you're watching the game from outer space. It will definitely cost more, but I would sit in the lower bowl if you can swing it cost-wise. As evil as I find StubHub, I always get my tickets through there. I'll be attending with my wife, son, Mom, sister and brother-in-law, so I'm hoping ticket prices will come down a bit so I don't have to spend a fortune.

As others have said, Clydes is where most SU fans congregate before the game. It gets VERY crowded. You often see Derrick Coleman there. He will usually take a picture with anyone who wants one.

Went the last time. Scored free tickets to a suite through a family member. Was fun (minus the outcome). Def agree with sitting in lower level if you can.

I’m thinking about it. My daughter lives in DC. So I’ve got a great place to stay. Haven’t firmed anything up yet. Perfect weekend game.

Live here and didn't realize I had booked a trip to Cozumel for that same weekend. Super pissed about it.

Unless something has changed it does not look like Georgetown is selling upper deck tickets for this one.
Man that is depressing. I remember Seton Hall was the same way with our last game there.

Yeah, I guess the powers that be figured out who all sat up there.
Are you sure thats correct? Stubhub has seats available right now in six different sections in the 400 level.

I absolutely love Clyde’s. I’d get there early, like 10-30 mins before they open (for a noon game)I head straight to the upstairs bar, and open a tab. Place gets crazy packed. If ya don’t hold on to your bar stool, it can be a wait for a drink. I order in pairs. I think the first year I closed my tab out after the game because the line was nuts.

I’m 25% in for this year

Are you sure thats correct? Stubhub has seats available right now in six different sections in the 400 level.

I went to the Georgetown site a couple of weeks back to buy mine. Wasn’t going to sit up there but there were none for sale.

Happy to be wrong on this!

Been to all Cuse-Hoya games there for the last 20 years as well.
Clyde's will be so packed that you cannot move, so get there very early before they open.

See you all there! It will be a blast! Go Orange!

I absolutely love Clyde’s. I’d get there early, like 10-30 mins before they open (for a noon game)I head straight to the upstairs bar, and open a tab. Place gets crazy packed. If ya don’t hold on to your bar stool, it can be a wait for a drink. I order in pairs. I think the first year I closed my tab out after the game because the line was nuts.

I’m 25% in for this year
Also- There’s usually a Cuse sponsored event upstairs at Clyde’s. They cap out at a certain number, so another reason to get there early.
There was another event the night before the game, but I forget what it was called. Otto was at both

Also- There’s usually a Cuse sponsored event upstairs at Clyde’s. They cap out at a certain number, so another reason to get there early.
There was another event the night before the game, but I forget what it was called. Otto was at both
The night before was a university sponsored event.

I've been to almost every SU/G'town game in DC in the past 15-20 years. We usually have about 1/3 of the fans in the arena, so there is no designated SU section.

I personally HATE sitting in the upper deck of Capital One Arena (former Verizon Center). It feels like you're watching the game from outer space. It will definitely cost more, but I would sit in the lower bowl if you can swing it cost-wise. As evil as I find StubHub, I always get my tickets through there. I'll be attending with my wife, son, Mom, sister and brother-in-law, so I'm hoping ticket prices will come down a bit so I don't have to spend a fortune.

As others have said, Clydes is where most SU fans congregate before the game. It gets VERY crowded. You often see Derrick Coleman there. He will usually take a picture with anyone who wants one.
I have always wondered if they have Derrick or Carmelo or anyone nba wise come back and help with individual work. Carmelo can teach Benny a million moves. Albeit we don’t have a Coleman clone yet but we will next year with Freeman. Ronnie could come back and show Mcloud and Patterson some moves and defensive positioning. Flynn could teach Judah when to push it and when not too. We have the Pepe’s. Why not use them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom