Anyone Else Watch Sleepy Hollow tonight? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone Else Watch Sleepy Hollow tonight?

Faegan

All Conference
Wow. Awesome. I NEVER, EVER get roped into anything but comedies, and I am hooked already. Holy crap.

Wow. Awesome. I NEVER, EVER get roped into anything but comedies, and I am hooked already. Holy crap.

Been looking forward to it for a while. Like that they laid the mythology out there in the first hour. Hope it does well because this is definitely the kind of show that I can enjoy.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Been looking forward to it for a while. Like that they laid the mythology out there in the first hour. Hope it does well because this is definitely the kind of show that I can enjoy.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I liked how they handled pretty much everything. I've been a huge Legend of Sleepy Hollow fan since I was a little kid.

I just watched it on Hulu. It was solid, though I'm always amazed in these "guy from the past winds up in modern times" stories how quickly the guy accepts all of the technology around him. I mean hell, if you had shown me an iPhone in 1995 I would have marveled at the thing for days.

I'm glad to hear it. Wasn't able to catch it last night. Think I'll make it a priority now.

I just watched it on Hulu. It was solid, though I'm always amazed in these "guy from the past winds up in modern times" stories how quickly the guy accepts all of the technology around him. I mean hell, if you had shown me an iPhone in 1995 I would have marveled at the thing for days.

I thought it was funny when he didn't know how to use a car door.

I thought it was funny when he didn't know how to use a car door.
That was about the only moment when he seemed truly baffled by modern technology, yes. I hope they do more of that going forward, because seriously, a dude from the 18th century is walking around in a world where we have cell phones and microchips and Roombas. He has to be at least a LITTLE awestruck, damnit.

That was about the only moment when he seemed truly baffled by modern technology, yes. I hope they do more of that going forward, because seriously, a dude from the 18th century is walking around in a world where we have cell phones and microchips and Roombas. He has to be at least a LITTLE awestruck, damnit.

Plus it could be a well of humor.

OK, just finished up watching the first episode on Hulu. Looks awesome. I'm in.

Also, I have a crush on the main actress in it. She caught my eye in 42. Seems like a good actress.

Also, I have a crush on the main actress in it. She caught my eye in 42. Seems like a good actress.

She's also better know as Sarah Ward, a.k.a. Ernie Davis's girlfriend in The Express. Very attractive young woman and quite talented.

She's also better know as Sarah Ward, a.k.a. Ernie Davis's girlfriend in The Express. Very attractive young woman and quite talented.
I did not realize that was her. Next time they do a board hottie thing, she should get some consideration given the connection.

I thought the idea was ridiculous and had no plans to watch it until I saw that they had a solid production team and good preliminary reviews. So, I checked it out and the pilot was awesome. Episode 2 took a step back, a reminder that we are watching network tv after all. They have a suspension of disbelief issue and it has nothing to do with plotlines involving witches, demons, re-incarnated Crane, or the Four Horsemen - that stuff is pretty much working. The problem is that the modern day characters are too shallow and not acting "realistically", which can get frustrating.

I'm still all in, but it looks like I'll be griping about minor details each week.

I thought the idea was ridiculous and had no plans to watch it until I saw that they had a solid production team and good preliminary reviews. So, I checked it out and the pilot was awesome. Episode 2 took a step back, a reminder that we are watching network tv after all. They have a suspension of disbelief issue and it has nothing to do with plotlines involving witches, demons, re-incarnated Crane, or the Four Horsemen - that stuff is pretty much working. The problem is that the modern day characters are too shallow and not acting "realistically", which can get frustrating.

I'm still all in, but it looks like I'll be griping about minor details each week.

The second episode was all over the place. It reminds me a lot of Fringe so far. The first season of Fringe was a bit of a mess but then it turned into a great show. These shows seem to take a bit to develop. Regardless, still find Sleepy Hollow to be incredibly entertaining in a mindless/suspend disbelief kind of way.

Just watched episode 2. Still on board.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it so far. Always cool to see the guard from Shawshank. I was bummed he was killed off in the pilot, but just like Harold of Harold & Kumar fame, death does not seem to be a big deal in this show in terms of on-screen appearances.

I'm not saying it's as good as Lost, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, etc., but I'm enjoying it and will continue to watch it. It is my favorite new show for this year so far.

Not bad so far, I enjoyed the four episodes I e seen. Seems like supernatural/Buffy but with Crane and an officer.

Bunch of different story lines that this could go. Be very interesting how this will continue.

I'm not saying it's as good as Lost, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, etc., but I'm enjoying it and will continue to watch it. It is my favorite new show for this year so far.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not put Walking Dead in the same sentence with Breaking Bad, here. That's just crazy talk.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not put Walking Dead in the same sentence with Breaking Bad, here. That's just crazy talk.

I am an unapologetic Walking Dead fanboy. It's funny though, on another forum I frequent, TWD discussion thread is 50/50 fans of the show and people that just complain about how bad it is.

Just wanted to bump this - thanks to Hulu I've caught up on every episode of Sleepy Hollow. Fun show, really entertaining. Obviously it's kind of goofy, but I really like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom