Anyone still think Tiger is going to win another major? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone still think Tiger is going to win another major?

Jack had back issues as well. He actually changed his swing plane to compensate. Tiger has the same kind of talent so, I wouldn't count him out. That said, backs are pretty essential in a golf swing!

Nope. His body won't hold up at this point. And I don't see Tiger the type to hang on for many more years if he continues playing this poorly and not having a chance to win every time out.

No. He doesn't know where the ball is going. His putting is not what it uses to be and there is a lot of talent on the PGA. He is no longer feared, and I don't think he is mentally the same guy he once was. Personally I wish he could come back to his former self because it would make for great theater specially with Mcilroy around. I am rooting for either Lefty or Ricki Fowler to win the PGA.

Yes. He's hurt. Needs time off to get healthy. One only needs to look what at Phil and Ernie did this week to realize players can still play in their 40's if healthy. It's not rocket science its golf. The difference between these guys is not that much. I do agree with one thing that Faldo said this week. The "Tiger era" is certainly over, but he is still good enough to compete when he is physically prepared.

No. He doesn't know where the ball is going. His putting is not what it uses to be and there is a lot of talent on the PGA. He is no longer feared, and I don't think he is mentally the same guy he once was. Personally I wish he could come back to his former self because it would make for great theater specially with Mcilroy around. I am rooting for either Lefty or Ricki Fowler to win the PGA.

I'm no golf guy, but I think the highlighted bit above is the best thought in this thread. No one will be intimidated by him anymore. They now know he's not a robot, heck, he can barely control his personal life, so there's nothing to be afraid of anymore. He's just another player on the course now, regardless of the color shirt he's wearing.

Yes. He's hurt. Needs time off to get healthy. One only needs to look what at Phil and Ernie did this week to realize players can still play in their 40's if healthy. It's not rocket science its golf. The difference between these guys is not that much. I do agree with one thing that Faldo said this week. The "Tiger era" is certainly over, but he is still good enough to compete when he is physically prepared.

The problem is that he has't been physically prepared in 4 or 5 years. His body has quit on him and he keeps trying to will power his way through it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom