Are people on this board underestimating what we lose in terms of Dion's defense? | Syracusefan.com

Are people on this board underestimating what we lose in terms of Dion's defense?

We'll lose his penetration ability. His D can be replaced. Remember his defensive stats were padded against the sisters of the blind.

MCW will more than make up for Dion defensively. He might not get the steals Dion did, but he's longer than any G we've had in a while at the top and he's still extremely quick. Scoop was the weak link in the D this year, Dion was the strongpoint. I can't speak for Cooney, but MCW/Triche will be just as good if not better than the top of the zone was this year.

MCW will also average 4 or more rebounds a game. He has a great knack for going and getting the ball.

MCW will more than make up for Dion defensively. He might not get the steals Dion did, but he's longer than any G we've had in a while at the top and he's still extremely quick. Scoop was the weak link in the D this year, Dion was the strongpoint. I can't speak for Cooney, but MCW/Triche will be just as good if not better than the top of the zone was this year.

I agree with MCW being good at the top. He won't have the quickness, but from his brief stints he seemed pretty disruptive up top. He was out of position at times, but that will get better. Triche is competent, and I guess we'll see what we get from Cooney.

For the limited time that it happened I thought that Dion and MCW were the best defense we had when they were in there together. I am sure JB would put me in the same status as everyone else that I don't know what I am talking about. I know I liked what I seen. Fast, Long and when they turned you over it was 2 the other way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom