are their coaches shows any more? | Syracusefan.com

are their coaches shows any more?

upperdeck

Living Legend
I thought TW had one, is that gone now with Spectrum? CNY had one with Niko is that still happening?

I still miss the old sunday morning recap show with Coach Mac back in the day.

I recently switched from Spectrum to Fios. Looked like Spectrum discontinued that stuff but there is a Fios channel that may be picking it up. There has not been any programming as yet. This is in Capital District.

Nope, its a world of paranoid coaches. Coaches that draw a line between them and the media. Its a different time. Rough, as a program like ours that are trying to win back part of a fanbase after years of futility. Add in, a HC that allows his S&C coach to talk before his coordinators or any position coaches. Thats the world we live in and yes, it isn't very inviting or engaging.

I recently switched from Spectrum to Fios. Looked like Spectrum discontinued that stuff but there is a Fios channel that may be picking it up. There has not been any programming as yet. This is in Capital District.
I have had Fios for a couple of years, In the CNY area, they have a channel reserved for content that airs on the company formerly known as Time Warner. I think Fios sued for the right to show TW's exclusive SU content and won the right, but decided it wasn't willing to pay for it. Anyway, I have never seen anything on that channel but the text that indicates it will show SU sports content. I don't think it will.

When the ACC sold the tier 3 rights for all its schools to ESPN recently (last year?), games like Central Connecticut that used to be a lock to be shown on TW got moved to ACC Network Extra. I think it included rights to the TV versions of the coaches shows as well.

Spectrum is showing some SU content; a special on the SU road show to promote the sports programs that happened this summer, and there are previews of the ACC football season that air regularly. The coaches show are industry standard things. They provide extra income for the coaches and serve as an additional outlet to promote the programs and build bonds with the fans.

I can't believe they would disappear. Hope that right now they are figuring out how the shows will be distributed. Will Spectrum do it? Or more likely, MSG, YES, SNY or other sports networks?

Nope, its a world of paranoid coaches. Coaches that draw a line between them and the media. Its a different time. Rough, as a program like ours that are trying to win back part of a fanbase after years of futility. Add in, a HC that allows his S&C coach to talk before his coordinators or any position coaches. Thats the world we live in and yes, it isn't very inviting or engaging.

Wins are the only thing that matters. We live in BandWagonVille, USA. Nothing brings back those who left more than wins.

surprised no response from Niko.. Perhaps he is busy wondering around the state fair?

I have had Fios for a couple of years, In the CNY area, they have a channel reserved for content that airs on the company formerly known as Time Warner. I think Fios sued for the right to show TW's exclusive SU content and won the right, but decided it wasn't willing to pay for it. Anyway, I have never seen anything on that channel but the text that indicates it will show SU sports content. I don't think it will.

When the ACC sold the tier 3 rights for all its schools to ESPN recently (last year?), games like Central Connecticut that used to be a lock to be shown on TW got moved to ACC Network Extra. I think it included rights to the TV versions of the coaches shows as well.

Spectrum is showing some SU content; a special on the SU road show to promote the sports programs that happened this summer, and there are previews of the ACC football season that air regularly. The coaches show are industry standard things. They provide extra income for the coaches and serve as an additional outlet to promote the programs and build bonds with the fans.

I can't believe they would disappear. Hope that right now they are figuring out how the shows will be distributed. Will Spectrum do it? Or more likely, MSG, YES, SNY or other sports networks?
Seems like this would be awesome content for the espn app and for the ACC network. SU shows would a must watch every week and watching the other team shows, or just listening to them in the background would be great on a slow night.

In addition to the radio airwaves, Orange fans throughout New York state can watch Babers and Park each week on "Syracuse Sidelines." The 30-minute television show dedicated to Syracuse football airs on Spectrum News Thursdays at 7 p.m.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom