Are there really still people optimistic about this season? | Syracusefan.com

Are there really still people optimistic about this season?

shandeezy7

Living Legend
I mean, even if we play a great second half and somehow squeak out a win, I think anyone who is still optimistic that this season will end any way but disastrous should have their big, stubborn orange head checked out.

It's blind hope.

Can't say there is anything wrong with hope (ask Andy Dufresne), but there is not much to actually back the hope at all.

We are seriously bad.

Hopeful of improvement, but not expecting more than 7 or 8 wins at this point.

Hopeful that this wears down JB to the point of quitting after the season. That's not him, but just hoping...it's time.

Hopeful that Hop breathes fresh air and energy into the program.

Hopeful that alums can afford the buyout of Quade from WWW.

Hopeful we get back to a full roster next year (as sanctions allow).

It's blind hope.

Can't say there is anything wrong with hope (ask Andy Dufresne), but there is not much to actually back the hope at all.

We are seriously bad.
DOA...

This season is toast. Can't believe JB is going out this way. Stubborn to the end.

Hopeful of improvement, but not expecting more than 7 or 8 wins at this point.

Hopeful that this wears down JB to the point of quitting after the season. That's not him, but just hoping...it's time.

Hopeful that Hop breathes fresh air and energy into the program.

Hopeful that alums can afford the buyout of Quade from WWW.

Hopeful we get back to a full roster next year (as sanctions allow).

Honestly, I'm hopeful they can win one ACC game

I think it's obvious what the season holds in store. Can't see how this team wins 2 ACC games.

Yep I've lost faith. Awful start to 2017 for the phins and orange.

After following CUSE BBall since my my days at SU '72-'75, I finally given up watching for the season. After they were behind by 21 today, I turned it off. They are just unwatchable. No sense in me getting frustrated and being miserable after watching this crap. :-(

After following CUSE BBall since my my days at SU '72-'75, I finally given up watching for the season. After they were behind by 21 today, I turned it off. They are just unwatchable. No sense in me getting frustrated and being miserable after watching this crap. :-(

Totally agree. It certainly looks like they have quit so why should the fans continue to care when the players don't? Hell even JB seems like he is done.

We're done winning for this season. We've become the new BC of the ACC.

One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoos-Nest-Behind-the-scenes-1-1024x690.jpg

WE ARE!

Season ticket holders don't have the "luxury" of quitting. I'm not going to stop going to the games, but it will feel like trudging to doom every single game. I feel terrible for the players and don't understand WHAT is happening.

I'm hoping for 3 more wins.

Same here. 3-4 wins looks like the ceiling but I'm having a hard time seeing them. I just think there will be a few games where we just happen to shoot lights out and the other team is ice cold.

Season ticket holders don't have the "luxury" of quitting. I'm not going to stop going to the games, but it will feel like trudging to doom every single game. I feel terrible for the players and don't understand WHAT is happening.

The "WHAT" is the evidence of what's happening.

I mean, even if we play a great second half and somehow squeak out a win, I think anyone who is still optimistic that this season will end any way but disastrous should have their big, stubborn orange head checked out.

vegas is, bovada has us only +3300 to win it all. that is INSANE

Duke went 13 - 18 in 94-5. They followed that with a 18 - 13 in 95-6. They have done pretty well since then. I've been following the team since the Harper - Dean - Hicker era. I don't mind seeing Cuse lose. But I hate it when they don't compete.
If all of our losses were by two points or less, would anyone here feel any different. It is a measure of how spoiled the fans have become in the Boeheim era, that people are abandoning ship on January 1.

I have to leave two hours before the game starts and most of the drive is on back roads a winding two lane highway. When you add in the weather conditions in upstate New York, I certainly have the luxury of deciding not to go the game. I have season tickets because I love college hoops. Even though I realize that we are going to lose a lot of our home games this season, I hope to make it to all of the remaining games at the Dome. But it sure isn't going to be the kind of fun I've grown accustomed to with Cuse hoops.

I have to leave two hours before the game starts and most of the drive is on back roads a winding two lane highway. When you add in the weather conditions in upstate New York, I certainly have the luxury of deciding not to go the game. I have season tickets because I love college hoops. Even though I realize that we are going to lose a lot of our home games this season, I hope to make it to all of the remaining games at the Dome. But it sure isn't going to be the kind of fun I've grown accustomed to with Cuse hoops.
You are my hero. I live 3 miles from the Dome. They should have a ticker tape parade every time you walk through the door.

And you're not alone. Many of the faithful live more than an hour away and they make it to the Dome.

The SU alumni office should post this on their website for all the tri-state alums that didn't bother to cross the Hudson for the Met Life games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom