Are there really still people optimistic about this season? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are there really still people optimistic about this season?

The SU alumni office should post this on their website for all the tri-state alums that didn't bother to cross the Hudson for the Met Life games.

Or for the alums who can't bother to make similar trips for football

Duke went 13 - 18 in 94-5...
If all of our losses were by two points or less, would anyone here feel any different.
Yes.
(Except for G-town and UConn...where all that matters is the final score).
The feeling would be different if the other games were competitive.

Ten of Duke's 18 losses were by 5 points or fewer in '94-95.
Three other losses were by 7 points.
They were only blown out a couple of times.

Jim Boeheim had an amazing run...never a losing season.
SU was considered an elite college basketball program.
Not any more.
This is not just a down season.
It is a startling debacle.

Hopeful for some changes, but they aren't going to happen. So, I'm just hopeful that somehow our recruiting magically improves with one of the worst assistants being a lead recruiter at times. Loyalty can only go so far. I've come to terms with it, at this point. Obviously, the problem will never be let go, and only move up a spot when JB retires.

Still trying to be optimistic that something finally "clicks" for this team and they get something going.
Thinking back to the early games when the team was shooting over 50% and how everyone was thinking this was one of the better teams JB has had.
Hard to figure out what happens - this is a really Jekyll-Hyde type of team
Personally, I think it's a mental toughness issue and they are just falling apart when they fall behind by 10+ points and start forcing things.
Almost seems like some of them are playing to tentative - maybe playing with fear of getting chewed out/benched if they make a mistake and end up playing too tight?
It's tough to remain optimistic, but I'm not going to check out on this team yet - still hoping they can figure something out enough to at least keep the "winning season" record going.

I mean, even if we play a great second half and somehow squeak out a win, I think anyone who is still optimistic that this season will end any way but disastrous should have their big, stubborn orange head checked out.

I honestly felt like the beginning of the ACC schedule was soft enough that we could win the first 5 games, but of course that was before the endless string of terrible results. Tonight was the end, for real. We're done for this year.

Honestly, I'm hopeful they can win one ACC game
It won't be this week. I watched both Miami and Pitt. If we can't beat BC then we are gonna be obliterated in both games. And just as an aside and in response to those who are saying this is a bad team I have to disagree. We have really good players who aren't playing well and who look like they've given up ... as JB does in his press conference. That is the sad part. And it all begins with very, very poor defense ... and mostly at the guard positions. There are many teams who would love to have the talent we have now.

It won't be this week. I watched both Miami and Pitt. If we can't beat BC then we are gonna be obliterated in both games. .

I disagree - a bad performance or loss in one game doesn't guarantee they'll play the same in other games. Totally different matchups in different games, different guys getting hot or cold shooting, etc.
However, I would expect Pitt to be a tough matchup for this team due to the style of defense Pitt plays.

We have really good players who aren't playing well and who look like they've given up

I agree with this. These guys are talented, good players - we've seen flashes of it. I think the problem is mostly a mental issue and if they can figure it out, they can still turn this season around.

I disagree - a bad performance or loss in one game doesn't guarantee they'll play the same in other games. Totally different matchups in different games, different guys getting hot or cold shooting, etc.
However, I would expect Pitt to be a tough matchup for this team due to the style of defense Pitt plays.

I agree with this. These guys are talented, good players - we've seen flashes of it. I think the problem is mostly a mental issue and if they can figure it out, they can still turn this season around.

What about bad performances in 6 games? I think those games are pretty good indicators of what we can expect the rest of the season.

I mean, even if we play a great second half and somehow squeak out a win, I think anyone who is still optimistic that this season will end any way but disastrous should have their big, stubborn orange head checked out.
Optimistic about this season: No

Optimistic about next season: Why not?

We are SPOILED with the longest streak of winning seasons if I'm correct

Every streak is broken eventually

2016-17 may be Cuse's year to break it

Oh well

Yes.
(Except for G-town and UConn...where all that matters is the final score).
The feeling would be different if the other games were competitive.

Ten of Duke's 18 losses were by 5 points or fewer in '94-95.
Three other losses were by 7 points.
They were only blown out a couple of times.

Jim Boeheim had an amazing run...never a losing season.
SU was considered an elite college basketball program.
Not any more.
This is not just a down season.
It is a startling debacle.
No

Too early to say that

Especially when Coach Krybaby is out with another back injury

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics