are we rooting for the Niners? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

are we rooting for the Niners?

I'm rooting for the Chefs.

chefs.png

I am rooting for the coach who was the offensive coordinator of the 28-3 game.
God bless Kyle Shanahan for his playing calling in the 4th quarter of that game.
Plus I want to see Jimmy G get halfway to Brady’s 6 SB titles.

Jimmy G is terrible lol I think i
Prefer the Chiefs, but defense usually wins these matchups and that Niner running games will eat KC alive

Idk, They did pretty well against the Titans' running game.

I think he did work on trying to help McNabb out. You are correct in the WRs though. At the time we had a very solid line in Runyon, Tra Thomas and Fraley. Reid drafted Jamaal Jackson and Shane Andrews (both 1st rounders, I believe) to help on the line. He also drafted Brian Westbrook to help with the offense. you are correct that we had a soft Dline and he didn't really find anyone to help there. But I also believe we had a lot of issues in the secondary (with the exception of Dawkins) back then and needed to address those issues with the draft. Like you, I agree we should have done a much better job in getting WR and Dline help.
Drafting Kolb in the second round sealed it for me.

As a cowboys fan I can't root for them to get their 6th title before us.

i just found out that garoppolo's grandmother and my grandmother were from the same town in italy (maybe she knew his great great grandparents, my grandma had to be born decades before his)

so i'll root for him

Interesting comments from Dino in today’s NYP re: Jimmy that sheds some additional light on our offense and play calling responsibilities.

wonder when Tommy gets to call the plays...

“In our offense, we have a lot of ways to call plays and there’s a lot of ways to dictate plays,” Babers said. “And eventually there comes a time where you turn it over to the quarterback, and he kinda becomes what Peyton Manning was for the Indianapolis Colts, where you can call a lot of it at the line of scrimmage. By the time we got to the [Illinois State] game [in Week 3], I said, ‘This guy is ready to call it all.’ And I was talking to coaches on the offensive staff, and asking them, ‘What do you think?’ And there were pros and cons, but when you get an opportunity where someone has the ability to do it athletically and the smarts to do it intelligently, and they go about their business — he was such a gym rat, he was always watching tape, always wanting to know about the defenses and the structures — that when you give someone that much knowledge, the fastest way to dissect a defense is to allow him to do it at the line of scrimmage, and that was the very first game where we said, ‘OK, Jimmy, if you see this, you see that, you see this, sic ’em.’

Interesting comments from Dino in today’s NYP re: Jimmy that sheds some additional light on our offense and play calling responsibilities.

Unreal how we can’t seem to recruit top-of-the-line QB’s with Dino.
You’d think he’d be the perfect mentor w/ a developing player. Baffling

Great pub for Babers. Needs to be sent to every QB we are recruiting.

"Garoppolo wound up at Eastern Illinois, Tony Romo’s old school, and took off as a junior when Dino Babers, now the Syracuse coach, was hired".

c65bb4a96fa9b685940581ff2a23b6ec.jpg

Something about the Chiefs and Mahommes rubs me the wrong way.

That whole damn article is Dino quotes. Great pub.

his career ended getting drilled during a slide - head hit from the defender and the back of the head hits the ground.

sliding = bad

Didn't he suffer a concussion after slipping on a bath mat?

NVM: you're right. He hurt his knee while slipping on mat during pre-season in '13, but came back to play later in the pre-season and was concussed, effectively ending his career

Based on yesterday when their run game dominated? For the season he threw for 4,000 yards and completed 69% of his passes.
Eh... He just about averages the fewest YPA in the league. They take the ball out of his hands whenever they can, don’t trust him to throw down the field or read defenses, and rely on Deebo and Kittle to be YAC beasts.

Not saying he can’t improve or isn’t capable, but his numbers are beyond misleading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom