As a fan, is there anything better than being in the Final Four? | Syracusefan.com

As a fan, is there anything better than being in the Final Four?

RF2044

Living Legend
March Madness is my favorite time of the year. Best sporting championship event of all -- bar none.

There's nothing more exciting than having your team advance to the third weekend. Amazing.

Since we're there, we might as well win the whole damn thing!

Let's Go Orange!!!

I imagine the Cubs being back in the World Series would be better, but that's just in my imagination.

Honestly, being in the Final Four is great and all, and I consider this post-season run a massive success, but for example, I'm not interested in flying to Houston to see the semi-final. I'm only going if we win on Saturday.

To me it is like the Super Bowl. I don't have a team that I am a die hard for in any major sport but college basketball (close in college football, but basketball is where my heart is). To have my own team be such a huge part of what I think is the biggest sporting event in the USA (meaning the entire tournament) is pretty freaking awesome.

March Madness is my favorite time of the year. Best sporting championship event of all -- bar none.

There's nothing more exciting than having your team advance to the third weekend. Amazing.

Since we're there, we might as well win the whole damn thing

Let's Go Orange!!!

Unexpected final fours are the best.

I feel there's more a sense of relief than anything if you get there as a one seed.

I wouldn't know.

MSOrange said:
I have noticed my mood being particularly good at work this week - basically I have a slightly higher tolerance for stupidity than I normally do.

Mood at work is great. Productivity not so much. I'm pretty much being paid to read articles and message boards.

Tough for me at work being in Charlotte. ALL UNC fans so nobody is as fired up as I am

They are actually scared.

With the ncaa/academic investigation looming overhead this could be the last UNC team in the tourney until it makes it way back to Indianapolis or Atlanta.
Bowing out now would be a big fail for the program. Even a win in the NC is easily criticized due to the "ease" of their path the NC game.

Total opposite for Cuse, house money and all.

Either way, does anyone think Roy will be back next season? UNCs older fan base isn't a Roy Williams lover.

Honestly, I'm probably less fired up about this FF than any of the previous others. Not sure why. Maybe its because its unexpected or that I've resolved myself to the season being over at least 3 times to this point (Pitt ACC game, 6:00 Gonzaga, 10:00 Virginia). I was soooooo fired up for 1987, I couldn't sleep for days - plus I was on college. Fired up for 96 and '03 as well. The last two times though...not as much. Winning in 2003 took away a lot of the anxiety. I think anxiety is a big part of the excitement...

I am a college basketball fan first and foremost. March is my favorite time of the year (screw Xmas). There is NO better feeling than winning that elite 8 game and punching your ticket to basketball heaven. I balled my eyes out when we won in 2003 and I can't wait to do it again.

the Final Four on weeeeed!!!

jon-stewart-half-baked-ON-WEED.jpg

I'm on cloud 9. It helps that my office is so fired up about it as well. They were so excited to hear the stories from the weekend, they all listened to the monologue that was posted here, they are going to meet me at the bar to watch the game.

They were also excited to hear that I wasn't going to be taking any more time off for Texas lol. Apparently I do matter a little around here haha

The only thing better is having your team in the Super Bowl.
That's tough - my Raiders in the Super Bowl, my Islanders in the Stanley Cup final or my Orange in the Final Four. Oh he!!, I'll take any one of them at any time :)

FF is by far my number 1. College basketball is what I live for and want to be a part of when I'm older. Eagles winning a Super Bowl would be incredible too but nothing tops a Cuse national championship

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom