As crappy as that game ended…. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

As crappy as that game ended….

Great post, Jake. Agree with everything.

Only possible thing I potentially disagree with is I found myself not annoyed with Wax for some reason. Defenders are always on pins and needles not to hit anyone out of bounds, that while he made a mistake, I think he was acting rationally.
Since the refs have to protect the QB, it should be a penalty for a QB to fake going out of bounds, just like it is when punt returner fakes a fair catch.

We sure did. They also were 0-4 and lost to Jacksonville state. I get they have talent, they’ve lost close games, etc. They were 0-4. This loss stings especially given how it happened.
And our Bubble basketball team makes the the sweet 16.
FSU has more talent that all but 10 teams in the country and our guys hung with them.

or just change the rules on protecting qbs when outside the pocket and past the line of scrimmage they become a running back
I thought that was the rule, but I guess we can't depend on incompetent refs to call it that way.

But he knows more about coaching than any of us do b/c he’s been doing it longer. So it doesn’t matter…….
I just think that 5 comeback wins in his career is scary bad. Not last drive comebacks, halftime comebacks. You can't percolate how awful that truly is

I just think that 5 comeback wins in his career is scary bad. Not last drive comebacks, halftime comebacks. You can't percolate how awful that truly is

I completely agree with you. I was making a tongue in cheek remark based on previous posters saying you can’t question DB b/c he’s been coaching a long time.

Shrader "won" the job going into the Liberty game*
. The only thing that meaningfully changed is your opinion of that coaching decision.
*in practice

He then was ok vs Liberty and much better vs FSU

If you want to say he won it pre-Liberty and then cemented it vs FSU I wouldn’t fight that take

Also, I admitted to having my mind changed which is rare around here so less venom would be swell

Question is did the ball came out afterwards.

The ground cannot cause a fumble. So I would say it was a catch. I don't recall it coming out, either.

I agree with everything else in your list but this is something I struggle with. Wax and Jones have had experience with really bad personal foul calls so I almost see him holding up when a qb is running to the sidelines. Should he have still pushed him out? Yes, but they’ve had bad flags thrown all year that I get slowing down there.

What I do think needs to happen is a rule change on qbs. If you’re running to the sideline, you either can get hit like everyone else or you can’t fake going out and then turn it up. They shouldn’t be able to have it both ways.
I'd tell the defender to bear hug the QB in that spot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom